CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

06 CLK - Free Ipod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLK - Free Ipod Integration Kit

What is the deal with this promotion?
I'm still waiting on mine, but I have a couple of questions that it seems like no one can help me with.

Is this the same one people are talking about in all the integration kits forums?
How easy is it to hook it up to you car? Can you do it at home, or do you need to take it in for installation?

Please advise...
Thanks,
Beto
Old 03-22-2006, 01:55 PM

The kit should be installed in the car already. You should get your free ipod mini in the mail about 4 weeks after delivery and it just plugs into the cableyou should see in the glovebox on the top right.

Yes it must be the same kit you have read about in the other forum - there is only one available from MB for the car.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:49 PM

That's the thing...
I've inspected my glove compartment 200 times already, and there is no wire or plug anywhere. I do have that little circular thing I'm supposed to push in (I guess).

I can't believe I'm still going to have to do all this work ( https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ntegration+kit )... or pay MB $300 for it.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM

well if you're carefull you should be able to do it yourself in an hour or so - its really not hard, just dont break anything.

If you dont have the ipod kit installed I dontthink your getting the free ipod, it was a limited production deal and there should have been a sticker on the right side window saying its included and free?

Are you sure yours is included in the promo?
Old 03-23-2006, 02:42 PM

i know the sticker you're talking about. but no... mine did not have it. but the sales person and the finance guy, both said i was going to get it. so i don't know.

is there any where i can check to see if and what i will be receiving?

thanks,
beto
Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 PM

06 CLK350
Does your CLK have 5 cupholders (1 in dash, 2 in front armrest, and 2 in rear armrest)? If it does then your car does not include the "Free" iPod Kit.

What my dealer explained to me is that the front armrest was redesigned for 2006 but the new armrest were not ready for the first 2006 production runs so as a concession they provided the Free iPod Kit and iPod Mini.

Both the iPod Kit and iPod Mini would be listed on your vehicle's sticker on the upper left side as a "N/C" or "Included" item. Also the iPod Kit comes already installed and there is a black cable with the white iPod dock connecter inside the glove box, the iPod Mini is what gets sent to you later, mine came about 3 weeks after I got the car.

If you did not get anything in writing from your dealer they you probably won't be getting the kit. The kit is diffierent from the link that you posted as that link was for installation for the AUX port which I understand is alot easier to install than the iPod Kit. My deal said that the iPod Kit is $299 plus installation and that it could only be done by the dealer since they would have to activate something on the radio unit (I don't know exactly what, but that is what they told me). They said installation would cost another $700 - $1000.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:27 PM

none
it looks like you already have all the answers.

If you'd still like to get the iPod integration unit, look for the part on Ebay and then call every dealership in town for quotes on installation. I did that and ended up paying about $400 for both the part and installation
Old 03-24-2006, 03:03 PM

06 CLK350
Originally Posted by filip75
it looks like you already have all the answers.

If you'd still like to get the iPod integration unit, look for the part on Ebay and then call every dealership in town for quotes on installation. I did that and ended up paying about $400 for both the part and installation

At $400 I think the Kit is totally worth it heck I would argue that $800 is worth it, it allows you to pretty much control just about everything on the iPod using the steering wheel controls. Unlike the BMW solution that requires you to create speacial "BMW" playlist, the MB solution allows you to select and play any playlist and you can also select songs by artist and what not.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Thumbs down

thanks guys...

mine didn't come with the sticker and i do have 5 cup holders hehe.

stupid sales and finance guys... they put that in my head, got my hopes up... i thought i was getting a new ipod and the docking station... and now... nothing :-/

i'm gonna try to get them to install it for free ... for false advertisement hehe (i doubt they will haha).

thanks guys for all the help.

beto
Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 AM

CLK
I have my 05 clk installed for about $300. There are a control unit and some wiring with the kits. It should be plug and play and if you have phone option turn on (when you see phone is not avaliable on the center cluster), you don't even need a version coding. Don't let your dealer or some installer fool you. Ipod kits is very easy to install, any car stereo guy or yourself should be able to do it with care. (you have to buy the kit from dealer though).
Old 03-25-2006, 11:44 AM

none
Originally Posted by sseiii
I have my 05 clk installed for about $300. There are a control unit and some wiring with the kits. It should be plug and play and if you have phone option turn on (when you see phone is not avaliable on the center cluster), you don't even need a version coding. Don't let your dealer or some installer fool you. Ipod kits is very easy to install, any car stereo guy or yourself should be able to do it with care. (you have to buy the kit from dealer though).
don't buy the kit from the dealer, unless they will hook you up with discounts. Go on ebay, as there are plenty of good deals on the integration kits
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 AM

2002 CLK430, 2003 ML350
Hi guys, I not too sure if I'm on the right topic here, but anyway, I would like to add the whole Ipod thing in my 2002 clk430 anyone here know how to do it or any INFO please let me. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Can I get an ipod kit for a 2003 CLK55 from the dealer??
I don't have nav...just the regular radio.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM

CLK
Some part whole saler has OEM ipod kit for $220. But you might not be able to get since you are end user. It sould end up with $250 to $280 if you know who to deal with. BTW, personally I did see "OEM" ipod kit on Ebay once or twice with a $300 plus price. Be careful on full integration (you should be able to control ipod on steering wheel) instead of aux input.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:04 PM

none
I purchased a full kit from this guy on Ebay: mbenzparts .

Perfect price, fast shipping and the item is OEM in OEM packaging