CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just bought '04 CLK500, have many questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just bought '04 CLK500, have many questions

Thanks in advance, I've been searching for these questions to be answered specifically and haven't had luck. They are almost all about retrofitting factory options. So it is clear, I do not have comand, but do have bose & 6 disc changer.

First up, adding bluetooth. How do I know which parts to get? I've seen these motorola v60 adapters on ebay, but I don't have a cradle for it to plug in to. Do I need just a cradle or more parts? I do have a TEL button and it just says "No Phone".

Second, retrofitting Distronic. How expensive is it? I've read that the computer needs to be told that it is installed, but haven't yet seen a definitive parts list or price.

Third, Parktronic. Is that expensive or even worth it to retrofit?

Fourth, Heated seats...possible to retrofit as well?

Fifth, possible to have Ipod or MP3 support with stock radio? I'd only want ipod if I could use factory controls to change songs.

Last, does anyone have pictures of a trunk lip spoiler from multiple angles (black, if possible)? I saw on ebay this spoiler for just $215 painted and shipped...

Thanks again, all

Last edited by JoeZ; 06-03-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
I did inquire about adding Parktronic to my 2004 CLK320. The response from MBenzNL is this is a big job.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/108029-parktronic.html
Old 06-04-2007, 12:53 PM

None
I'm going to try and answer a few.

Yes you can add bluetooth to your car using stock components check out this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...luetooth+phone
Be sure to buy the bmw puck as it's like $100 cheaper than mb.

On the parktronic and distronic it can be added however it will be expensive.

On the heated seats again can be done try contacting member sunil.

Yes you can add ipod controls however last i checked you would lose your cd changer on pre 05 models. Do a search for dension ice.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info rsatmans and mis3.

Looks like bluetooth is easy enough...but what does voice control feature actually allow you to do?

Any idea on how expensive distronic would be?

I ordered the spoiler anyway...should be here in the next week so I'll post how the fit and finish are.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:09 AM

None
Hello, the voice control is not needed to operate the phone. It is used to control the radio, cd changer, and control phone all with your voice, you speak preselected commands and the car follows. I have this as i got a good deal on it, however I dont believe it's worth over $150 as it is easier and faster to just hit the button. As far as the distronic goes i believe you need new bumpers on both sides plus the computer and controller so I would believe with labor your looking at $4k easily, contact sunil and mbenznl. Please post fit and finish and color match on that spoiler I'm lookin for a good one thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 03:47 PM

I can definately live without Voice control then. I really wanted distronic, but not at the price of a used honda...

Are you familiar with the cell phone bluetooth? I already have a port to plug a cradle into, so would I need to go through all that wiring or would I just need a cradle and puck?

Thanks again for your replies...I'll take some detailed pics and post them up when I get the spoiler. SpoilerSolutions is the guys name on ebay, and he is based out of Tx.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by rsatmans
Please post fit and finish and color match on that spoiler I'm lookin for a good one thanks
I got the spoiler in. I was very impressed how well they packaged it. It was bubble wrapped on the outmost layer, then a foam sheet, then a microfiber sleeve. Installing took about 15 minutes, but only because I put too much windex on the car and it had to dry. Fit and finish are awesome, and as far as color matching, my car is black but I wouldn't think you would run into problems.

I'm happy
Old 06-17-2007, 03:25 PM

None
Can you post some pics thanks