CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ordered 320 in April still no delivery date. Look in other States? Rude dealers here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 12:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 320
Unhappy Ordered 320 in April still no delivery date. Look in other States? Rude dealers here!

When I ordered my car in April I became #13 on my dealers list. They began recieving cars in late August and here we are in November and I am still #5. Mercedes hasn't pulled my order from the dealers list yet so they haven't begun building it yet. It seems as though this dealer's allocation has been 2 cars per MONTH ! Initially they told me they were expecting 6-10 cars per month. I started to place an order somewhere else in September but I felt guilty about ordering from 2 dealers.

A rep from the dealer I spoke with in September has been calling me and was actually rude to me this morning when I told him that I had already ordered but I was keeping my eyes open if someone decided not to take a Firemist Red one that they had ordered. He asked who I ordered with, when I told him he asked why and I said my sister's husband has 6 cars from them and took me there etc. He then asked when I placed my order and when I told him he laughed and said Good Luck and hung up on me.

Last week I had called another local dealer about a 2003 Firemist Red CLK listed on their site and he told me that the car wan't available and asked if I wanted a 2002 or to place an order but when I told him that I had ordered but was still looking until my car gets built he was rude to me. He literally yelled "What do you want from me?"

I would have never expect this type of rudeness from a luxury car dealer.

Golly gee! The dealer I ordered from is slow but at least they are friendly.

Moral to the story: If the allocation doesn't change I will not be getting my car until MAYBE Jan/Feb.

I've done a few Internet Searches and have been unsuccessfull so far, I am willing to travel out of state to get my car but I don't want to call up numerous dealers across the country and be insulted.

Any Suggestions?

Last edited by STARR; 11-12-2002 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
do you need the car now? do you know about the clk350's coming out?

ebay? Los Angeles has a ton of dealers - Laguna Niguel MB has a good reputation - email them and haggle!
Old 11-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK 320
Originally posted by young
do you need the car now? do you know about the clk350's coming out?

ebay? Los Angeles has a ton of dealers - Laguna Niguel MB has a good reputation - email them and haggle!
I didn't think I had the leverage to haggle since the demand is so high.

I would like to get the car now/very soon. I've been waiting so long and it's starting to bother me. I haven't heard anything about the CLK 350 but I will do a search on it now. Are they 2004 cars?

I will email Laguna Niguel MB, I'm so terrible with haggling but I will give it a try.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
here's a thread talking about the clk350

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=20009
Old 11-12-2002, 03:40 PM

2003 CLK 320
I ordered my 2003 clk 320 black opal with ash interior Aug 26. Salesperson e-mailed me and said my car was produced Nov. 3 and it would arrive in the state 2.5 weeks hope to recieve at the end of the month. She also gave me a vin number. I live in Wisconsin I do not know if there was a list when i ordered the way it sounds i was probably at the top of the list. Sorry about your delay. I can not wait to get this car, I thought I was going to have to wait six months. I have not seen firemist red in person have you ? I almost order this color with stone interior but went with black opal. would like to see pics when you get it.
good luck on getting the car. The dealers that i have spoken to has been very nice when i placed the order and upfront about the ordering of the car.

Britton

Last edited by britton; 11-14-2002 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK 320
No I haven't seen the car in Firemist yet but it's the only color I want seeing as though they aren't making the coupe in Magma Red anymore.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:46 PM

1992 Ford Taurus with 13" rims
Originally posted by STARR
No I haven't seen the car in Firemist yet but it's the only color I want seeing as though they aren't making the coupe in Magma Red anymore.
I thought i'd mention a couple of things. First off, don't expect to see the CLK350 this model year. Yes, the ML350 did appear mid-year, but information that it was going to appear came from MB months before it showed up. That hasn't happened with the CLK350...even though it will happen (more than likely in 2004) Mercedes has not said anything about it. 2nd, you should look to other dealers to get your car....and they will discount the car, just haggle. Also, did you know that if you are having the car built for you....you can have the car shipped to any MB dealer in the country?
Old 11-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK 320
Originally posted by wesam
Also, did you know that if you are having the car built for you....you can have the car shipped to any MB dealer in the country?

Thanks for your help!

How do I go about doing this? Can I just call up a dealer that has no list and have them order my car and have it shipped to a dealer in my state?

Also I assumed that since there is such a big demand on the 2003 dealers wouldn't be as willing to haggle.

Last edited by STARR; 11-15-2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:21 PM

Just call up an MB dealer and ask them about the delivery option...I believe they refer to it as a "courtesy delivery". Now, i'm pretty sure this isn't a Mercedes delivery program....so it's up to the dealer to do it for you. Also, even though this is a new design....it's a buyer's market right now. These cars aren't selling like they normally would....so I assume you will be able to get something off. Just remember to never deal with the sales person, try to get the GM, or at least a sales manager.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:31 PM

2003 CLK 320
Originally posted by wesam
Just call up an MB dealer and ask them about the delivery option...I believe they refer to it as a "courtesy delivery". Now, i'm pretty sure this isn't a Mercedes delivery program....so it's up to the dealer to do it for you. Also, even though this is a new design....it's a buyer's market right now. These cars aren't selling like they normally would....so I assume you will be able to get something off. Just remember to never deal with the sales person, try to get the GM, or at least a sales manager.

WESMAN,

JUST WONDERING HAVE YOU ORDERED A NEW STYLE MERCEDES THE FIRST YEAR IT IS OUT AND ABLE TO GET THEM DOWN IN PRICE? WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.
BRITTON
Old 11-15-2002, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
For perspective, the car that I ordered in September arrived already.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:41 AM

Originally posted by britton
WESMAN,

JUST WONDERING HAVE YOU ORDERED A NEW STYLE MERCEDES THE FIRST YEAR IT IS OUT AND ABLE TO GET THEM DOWN IN PRICE? WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.
BRITTON
Britton,

Dealers have been dealing on the 03' E-class, however.....it doesnt seem to be the case with the new CLK.