CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Carbon fiber diffuser and BS carbon fiber spoiler installed !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Klinh
Some people are got it for less then $400. I think I can get it for you at my price then you just drive then to pick it up. And if you want free installation, drive another 35 miles to my place.
I'm looking for tips to re-do my quad currently, hook me up with the price when I get the tips . I know its a big secret, but PM me the price that you got it for if you don't mind I'm in Irvine so VIS isn't too far. Thanks Klinh!

BTW, I might hit up that Tiajuanas meet too. It's only a couple exits away. lol
Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by kiamcoj
I'm looking for tips to re-do my quad currently, hook me up with the price when I get the tips . I know its a big secret, but PM me the price that you got it for if you don't mind I'm in Irvine so VIS isn't too far. Thanks Klinh!

BTW, I might hit up that Tiajuanas meet too. It's only a couple exits away. lol
dude u better share that secret with me too lolz jk.

Andy
Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Guys,

I spoke to Tak at Visracing about the carbon fiber diffuser group buy of at least 5 people. He told me that he want me to make a little profit too since i help him with the group buy. So he set the price at $400 ea. (retail at $550 and Eurorev diffuser retail also at $550) plus shipping. I thanks Tak for giving me a share of his profit but I told him I would rather pass my share of the profit onto the people i know on this forum. So the new price is $350 ea. plus shipping. This is F#$$$^Ck DEAL GUYS !!! Just a comparision to some other diffuser out there.....Eurorev $550....Euroteck (most of their diffuser for other mercedes model) over $500....and for Euroteck to make one for our's Clk, it would be at $900 ea. !!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Guys,

I spoke to Tak at Visracing about the carbon fiber diffuser group buy of at least 5 people. He told me that he want me to make a little profit too since i help him with the group buy. So he set the price at $400 ea. (retail at $550 and Eurorev diffuser retail also at $550) plus shipping. I thanks Tak for giving me a share of his profit but I told him I would rather pass my share of the profit onto the people i know on this forum. So the new price is $350 ea. plus shipping. This is F#$$$^Ck DEAL GUYS !!! Just a comparision to some other diffuser out there.....Eurorev $550....Euroteck (most of their diffuser for other mercedes model) over $500....and for Euroteck to make one for our's Clk, it would be at $900 ea. !!!!!!!!
Man, thats great Linh! Thanks buddy. Do you know if they make it without the CF? I just want a semi gloss black one with no CF.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man, thats great Linh! Thanks buddy. Do you know if they make it without the CF? I just want a semi gloss black one with no CF.

Only in CF. I'm sure you can get it without CF but I'm not sure if you can save any money without CF. Just call him up to find out. I thought about someday paint my carbon fiber front lip, BS spoiler to match my car color and then paint my diffuser to matte black. Not that I think it would look better but just want to change the look.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Only in CF. I'm sure you can get it without CF but I'm not sure if you can save any money without CF. Just call him up to find out. I thought about someday paint my carbon fiber front lip, BS spoiler to match my car color and then paint my diffuser to matte black. Not that I think it would look better but just want to change the look.
I'll give him a call. I'm not so much trying to save money more than I think its a waste to buy a CF part and then paint over it. I would much rather it not be CF save a little money and install it already in flat/semi gloss black.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 AM

clk55
350 is a crazy deal...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll give him a call. I'm not so much trying to save money more than I think its a waste to buy a CF part and then paint over it. I would much rather it not be CF save a little money and install it already in flat/semi gloss black.

Btw, when you're ready for the quad exhaust mods, I can give you the shop numbers in LA that did my exhaust so you can go there and have it done right first perfectly.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lychyrychy
350 is a crazy deal...

Tell me about........you were willing to pay Euroteck $900 for it !!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 AM

clk55
Btw, when you're ready for the quad exhaust mods, I can give you the shop numbers in LA that did my exhaust so you can go there and have it done right first perfectly.
That's awesome because I live in LA.... wow this is really making me spend some money loL!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
I already have a quad done with round tips (similar to Andy and Zeek). I went to AAA, per your referral . I just want to switch it up to the AMG tips so that I can buy/use a diffuser, since the two diffusers on the market are for AMG tips. Once I get my AMG tips, I'll get the diffuser and have Pepe install it (or use it as a guide when he installs the tips so that its not too close together) with the tips to ensure that it all comes together real nice. I am just hoping that VIS has one that isnt already wrapped in CF so that I don't have to paint over it. Either way $350 isn't bad at all for a CF one, especially since EuroRev (Vince) was going to make me one for the same price in non-CF.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The shop that I went to also do the "mustang" style quad exhaust. This mods is awesome if you like sound. I think a couple people posted the sounds clip here before. When I say "mustang' style, they put the muffler in the middle of the car when the stock resonator is then they have two pipes (one to each side of the car) routed to the back of the car and weld two tips to each pipe for a quad exhaust look. All the pipes and tips are in stainless steel. look very very nicsssssssssssssss for only around $1200. They also sell many types and styles tips (sorry but no AMG tips). When I was there, they showed me alot of pictures their customers car and video clips sound of the exhaust. I offered to help them to post it here but they said that they don't want other shop to copy. They said that they been doing business very well from just words on mouth. I don't remember the exact labors for my car but i think i pay around $250 for labors and I tips the guy $50. The shop name is AAA and the numbers is 310-839-2443.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
The shop that I went to also do the "mustang" style quad exhaust. This mods is awesome if you like sound. I think a couple people posted the sounds clip here before. When I say "mustang' style, they put the muffler in the middle of the car when the stock resonator is then they have two pipes (one to each side of the car) routed to the back of the car and weld two tips to each pipe for a quad exhaust look. All the pipes and tips are in stainless steel. look very very nicsssssssssssssss for only around $1200. They also sell many types and styles tips (sorry but no AMG tips). When I was there, they showed me alot of pictures their customers car and video clips sound of the exhaust. I offered to help them to post it here but they said that they don't want other shop to copy. They said that they been doing business very well from just words on mouth. I don't remember the exact labors for my car but i think i pay around $250 for labors and I tips the guy $50. The shop name is AAA and the numbers is 310-839-2443.
We must have been typing at the same time. lol
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys, I still get e-mail from people that said they still get the run around info on the diffuser when call Visracing. Just follow my instruction when you call and you'll get your info. When call Visracing, ask to speak to "Tak" ONLY because he's the only one that know everything about the diffuser. Here is here numbers again 626-839-9833.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I already have a quad done with round tips (similar to Andy and Zeek). I went to AAA, per your referral . I just want to switch it up to the AMG tips so that I can buy/use a diffuser, since the two diffusers on the market are for AMG tips. Once I get my AMG tips, I'll get the diffuser and have Pepe install it (or use it as a guide when he installs the tips so that its not too close together) with the tips to ensure that it all comes together real nice. .

Thanks for this post. You mentioned a very good point here. I would buy the diffuser first then do the quad exhaust mods at the same time. This way, regardless which tips you decide to go with, the tips can be adjust to fit the diffuser perfectly.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:53 AM

clk55
Linh, do you have the AMG quad exhaust or just the AMG and the pipes?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Thanks for this post. You mentioned a very good point here. I would buy the diffuser first then do the quad exhaust mods at the same time. This way, regardless which tips you decide to go with, the tips can be adjust to fit the diffuser perfectly.
Exactly, the other guy (Mike, I believe) had his tips to centered which works for him, but I want the diffuser to work correctly without having to re-do everything. Thanks for the info and work you did with VIS. I'll try to give Tak a call tomorrow.

Take care buddy! You're car makes guys like me want to keep modding and I hate you for that.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Take care buddy! You're car makes guys like me want to keep modding and I hate you for that.
Lol......i wish sometime you guys would do the mods first so I can just copy without the headache of being the first one done. But then I get my reward from helping out my extended family here.

Last edited by Klinh; 05-01-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 AM

clk55
/\ Linh is great!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Linh, do you have the AMG quad exhaust or just the AMG and the pipes?

I only have just the AMG tips and the pipe. Btw, if you guys decide just to do the tips, ask then to spray paint the bottom half of the muffler and pipes black to match the black spare tires tube. This way, from behind and under the car, everything look match. If you don't do this, you can actually see the muffler just one side and that look very cheap. I personally don't like the factory AMG quad exhaust system. The muffler hand way to low not like the E55 where you only see the AMG tips. I saw a real one and it didn't look right to me.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 AM

2005 CLK500
i agree with that, cnt wait to see ur car at the meet Linh.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:14 AM

clk55
I only have just the AMG tips and the pipe. Btw, if you guys decide just to do the tips, ask then to spray paint the bottom half of the muffler and pipes black to match the black spare tires tube. This way, from behind and under the car, everything look match. If you don't do this, you can actually see the muffler just one side and that look very cheap. I personally don't like the factory AMG quad exhaust system. The muffler hand way to low not like the E55 where you only see the AMG tips. I saw a real one and it didn't look right to me.

Does the sound change at all? I like my stock amg exhaust right now... thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hovo2324
i agree with that, cnt wait to see ur car at the meet Linh.

Hell yeah !!!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Does the sound change at all? I like my stock amg exhaust right now... thanks

Oh yeah........with a V8 rumbling. only if you do the "mustang" style exhaust. I'm like you, I like my quite stock exhaust sound, stock look and that's why i decided to go with only AMG tips.

Last edited by Klinh; 05-01-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 AM

clk55
Oh yeah........with a V8 rumbling. only if you do the "mustang" style exhaust. I'm like you, I like my quite stock exhaust sound, stock look and that's why i decided to go with only AMG tips.

Dude you're the inspiration for the whole w209 generation!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber diffuser and BS carbon fiber spoiler installed !!!