CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 320 factory HU + HVAC replace with CLK350 HU + HVAC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Hey Brian,
Thanks for responding!
let me give you some more info and maybe you can help a little more..?

First off I am not an audiophile, I think the speakers in my car are great (see thats shows you I don't know what i am talking about )

I really just want the xm capability so that my kids can listen to radio Disney while we drive somewhere and i can listen to the comedy channels on the way into work - do you really think i need to upgrade the speakers for that?
If so can you give me some technical jargon that i should know about to talk with the installer? i.e. how many channels do i need and what amp goes with what speakers - keep in mind i am open to doing an amp and speakers but the cost has to be low. (I could not find the setup you have for that cheap - which amp was it? how many speakers do i need? do i need a new sub?)

The other reasons i want a new HU is for Nav and Bluetooth... the HU i am looking at based on recommendations is the DNX6960 which i hear has a great nav system and comes with BT already on it... guessing i would need to add an xm module????

The other big issue is that the installer can't find a double din dash kit for a 2006 CLK500 - I thought i have found one - Scosche MZ2340B, do you know if this works with a 2006? right now it just says c class 2003 and above.

sorry for the length of this and all the questions but the link to MBUK forum didn't answer any of the questions i have specifically.
Thanks again for anyone that can help

Mick
Originally Posted by bheng
im not sure about the 06 CLKs with the updated stereo. but i have an 03. i use an avic z-110bt. great unit has BT, ipod, nav connectivity. i have the option for a rear camera and didnt opt for it. XM and all other sat radio too. its a bit pricey but the new z120bt is coming out. its pretty pricey tho.

do you have a price range for the HU?
i mean its all about the options. with a new HU, options are somewhat endless. you dont need a new amp if you are using your old speakers from what i remember when doing my research last year. HOWEVER, i would recommend getting new speakers which means new amp. and to be honest, you dont need a 500 dollar amp if your not going to running like crazy priced speakers.

im running JL audio C2 components and coaxials and the amp ran me 210 +tax retail. and thats ran my system perfectly fine. dont listen to what your installer is saying.

go to best buy or and audio shop (more recommended) and ask a **** ton of questions about audio. decide if you want amp or no amp. which HU: go press a lot of buttons, see which one is more comfortable. see which speakers you like from the bunch at the audio shop. there are a lot to choose from.

sorry to keep it short. but that should get you started. gotta run.

Brian

edit: btw. yeah look at the link andy sent above. we have discussed this as well as in other threads.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Mick,

What is your HU looks like ? can shoot a pix ?

Andy
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Andy,
here it is and a quick pick of my new ride....

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Mick,

What is your HU looks like ? can shoot a pix ?

Andy
Attached Thumbnails CLK 320 factory HU + HVAC replace with CLK350 HU + HVAC-dsc00761.jpg   CLK 320 factory HU + HVAC replace with CLK350 HU + HVAC-dsc00762.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Guys is this possible if I want to replace my stock HU + HVAC (1st pics) with the one in CLK350-07 (second pics) ? I know that I will need a new dash top one(above the headunit) and the one for HVAC panel but are those just plug&play ? Any special cable needed ? The Headunit in the second pics (CLK350-07) has no Navigation but thats fine as long as the CD & and the radio are working. Anyone here have done that before ?

CLK 320 Stock HU + HVAC,

CLK 350-07 HU + HVAC,

Thanks,

Andy
Hey Andy,

I was doing some W209 research and I came across this webpage that documented the switch you asked about on your original post.
http://www.mwstewart.co.uk/articles/...celiftconsole/

It looks like quite a process, but as you can see; it can be done! Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR
Hey Andy,

I was doing some W209 research and I came across this webpage that documented the switch you asked about on your original post.
http://www.mwstewart.co.uk/articles/...celiftconsole/

It looks like quite a process, but as you can see; it can be done! Hope this helps.
Thank you so much but I traded mine CLK320 to get the CLK500 already ( 3 months ago) so I now have that facelift .
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Mick Chambers
Andy,
here it is and a quick pick of my new ride....
that's exactly what i have too.