CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New wheel trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR
Thanks Darius! My friend has a tuner shop so I bought the Bilsteins there. I paid $700 for the set. If I had to do it all over again, I would just get the coil-overs (PSS9s), adjustable camber arm (necessary when you lower the car; coil-over independent), H&R sway-bars and have them all installed at the same time.
so 700 + 280 for Eibach, not sure I 'need' sway bars that badly, camber arm maybe ... I only drive mostly alone putting on ~ 250 miles a month on 30 to 55 mph roads. No track. I hope with biggest #4 pads in the rear I would minimize the camber and not kill my tires too soon. Althought the 255/35/19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 for the rear are about $700 for both.... so a camber arm might not be a bad investment after all. Not sure I can justify the cost of good coilovers right now. Got to digest this a bit longer

Thanks for all the info
Old 05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR;
Thanks Darius! My friend has a tuner shop so I bought the Bilsteins there. I paid $700 for the set. If I had to do it all over again, I would just get the coil-overs (PSS9s), adjustable camber arm (necessary when you lower the car; coil-over independent), H&R sway-bars and have them all installed at the same time.
+1 If I could do it again I would go with PSS9's.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Originally Posted by dariusf
Was happy to finally find the time to install the new wheels replacing my OEM wheels with winter tires and ran in to trouble.

Got these Monarch EURO 63 rims

Looking for opinions and advice especially with the rim/shock spacing if that’s something I should be concerned about.

Thanks much
Darius
I Think These Are The Best Rims Out There For Any Benz (Personal Opinion) ESPECIALLY ON A SILVER CAR.... (OOOOHHH BABY!!!)

I Couldnt Get Those Rims Cuz My Boy Who Bought A CLK A Month Before Me Already Put Them On... He Hasnt Had N E Issues Tho.. IDK Why Ur Having A Problem.. Ill Ask Him About His Rims And Get Back To You

Good Luck With Those Rims Tho!!! "BEAUTIFUL" I Went With Petrol Thrttle 19z... I Shoudl Get Em Tuesday Will Post Pics
Old 05-22-2010, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by PremeDaPrez
I Think These Are The Best Rims Out There For Any Benz (Personal Opinion) ESPECIALLY ON A SILVER CAR.... (OOOOHHH BABY!!!)

I Couldnt Get Those Rims Cuz My Boy Who Bought A CLK A Month Before Me Already Put Them On... He Hasnt Had N E Issues Tho.. IDK Why Ur Having A Problem.. Ill Ask Him About His Rims And Get Back To You

Good Luck With Those Rims Tho!!! "BEAUTIFUL" I Went With Petrol Thrttle 19z... I Shoudl Get Em Tuesday Will Post Pics
Thanks, I think they have a good balance between clean and complex. No major issues, it was more of a question on the safe distance there, and then the bolt length issues. All resolved now and I moved on to figuring out what to do with the suspension drop.