CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

in a bit of a dilemma: too many choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
in a bit of a dilemma: too many choices

after my suspension upgrade, i was looking at buying a porter cable along with some detailing supplies. but after looking at all the front/rear end transplants, ive been considering looking for a used set.

so what do you guys think, i like both ideas pretty equally. ive been wanting to detail my car as well as my dads car for awhile now and i will be need some cutting power for my dads car. plus i am looking for that mirror looking shine. i can either have that for a 500 front. lol and slowly acquire a 500 rear.

but it would be nice for a 500 kit. lol what do you guys say.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I would go with the bumper. That will totally change the look of the car more then a detail would. I have been going through kind of the same thing myself. Whenever I have the money to buy all the stuff for the detail something else comes up.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
lol i figured you would say that.

just an update. i was on ebay messaging back and forth with a guy that was selling a 209 brabus front end. i managed to lower shipping down to 50 instead of 150 but someone put a bid on it and he went for that rofl

so pc and detailing it is.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Damn, that bumper would of been nice. It had a crack in the fogs right? I was looking at the exhaust he has but I really want quad
Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Damn, that bumper would of been nice. It had a crack in the fogs right? I was looking at the exhaust he has but I really want quad

yup. that was the one. lol. one guy just bidded for it and left me in the dust. well what can i say, more money for him. i dont blame him.

as for the quad, my buddy is just got a hold of a lift and is finally a mechanic. lol so i was thinking that i would just cut my res, keep the stock muff for now but weld on 2 tips via y pipe and drag it to the other side to get another 2 tips on. and of course, i will need to get the bumper cut. rofl .

now the thing i still dont know is what kind of tips i want, blue ti burnt or double rolled tips or even amg. i dont really want the amg cuz i dont wanna look like a poser. the ti burnt tips i dont think would look that rice but i dont know if i can picture them on a silver car. i might go with double rolled.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-=[CLK 500 2006]=- -=[Dodge Ram 2001]=- -=[Kawasaki Ninja 636 2005]=-
i like the new avatar dyno! lol
Old 07-03-2010, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by pinoytm

shoulda seen the one he had before. lol

ALSO, looking at the airbox, i dont know if i want to upgrade airbox or if it will do me any good.
i was thinking oh switching it to K&N filters. dunno if it will change much, but im sure my filters are done for.
anyone who has done it, is there more of a sound to it ROFL. technically, thats our intake right? i might just add the kevlar ones to the stock one, dunno if it sucks more air but it def looks a lot bigger.

Last edited by bheng; 07-03-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-=[CLK 500 2006]=- -=[Dodge Ram 2001]=- -=[Kawasaki Ninja 636 2005]=-
I wouldn't touch much under the hood for now.. I already have a lot of thoughts in mind... including Head Unit and suspension.. and a 19' like dyno's rims.. I will also be painting the calipers when I get the pss9 and new set of wheels.. and maybe next stop is the sound system..

If you like to work on exterior I think you should copy dyno as well... but a brabus front would look more aggressive.. than of the amg I think..
Old 07-03-2010, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
audio was already a big step for me. i already have bbk lined up with my c32 brakes. i will need to paint those, buy new rotors, as well as ss brake lines. might as well do them all at once so i dont have to keep taking it off and on the car.

i already have a plan for suspension too. soooo lol i guess according to this check list, exterior goes last. bad plan for me but its the way it turned out rofl
Old 07-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Thanks I was bored...lol

Originally Posted by bheng
shoulda seen the one he had before. lol

ALSO, looking at the airbox, i dont know if i want to upgrade airbox or if it will do me any good.
i was thinking oh switching it to K&N filters. dunno if it will change much, but im sure my filters are done for.
anyone who has done it, is there more of a sound to it ROFL. technically, thats our intake right? i might just add the kevlar ones to the stock one, dunno if it sucks more air but it def looks a lot bigger.
Which one, the Mcdonalds one? Lol. The Kevlar tubes and aftermarket filters should help but I doubt I will be noticeable.

I wouldn't touch much under the hood for now.. I already have a lot of thoughts in mind... including Head Unit and suspension.. and a 19' like dyno's rims.. I will also be painting the calipers when I get the pss9 and new set of wheels.. and maybe next stop is the sound system..

If you like to work on exterior I think you should copy dyno as well... but a brabus front would look more aggressive.. than of the amg I think..
I had a chance to get the Brabus bumper a few months ago. The more I looked at it the more I didn't want the dual fogs. I wanted to be able to have projector fogs and a cf lip. Don't even get me started on the rear bumper.

Originally Posted by bheng
audio was already a big step for me. i already have bbk lined up with my c32 brakes. i will need to paint those, buy new rotors, as well as ss brake lines. might as well do them all at once so i dont have to keep taking it off and on the car.

i already have a plan for suspension too. soooo lol i guess according to this check list, exterior goes last. bad plan for me but its the way it turned out rofl
That's the way I did it also. Suspension, brakes, and rims first. I went almost two years searching for the right deal on the bumpers.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
did carlos have a 500? with an e55 airbox set up, im worried that its going to look out of place with our 320s. i mean...at least the 500 is a v8 and fills that gap in our car. but i guess i wait and see. rofl.

it will be after a long list of mods for the summer anyways.