CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

need help with 2003 clk55 amg radio replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk55 amg
need help with 2003 clk55 amg radio replacement

Hey guys i'm trying to replace my stock head unit with a new pioneer navi unit. I've taken the dash apart and it seems that the wiring harness i got doesn't work for my car. From what i can tell by looking at the wiring, the car has factory amp(s) and a fiber optic cable that controls them and the cd changer. There are two plugs that go to the back of the unit. One is for power and the other looks like its for steering controls and the center speaker. I'm assuming i need to find the factory amp, tap into those speaker wires and utilize an after market amp? Does anyone have experience with this? does anyone have a pin out or wiring diagram for the stero system? thanks for any input...

Last edited by 03clk55; 09-15-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Originally Posted by 03clk55
Hey guys i'm trying to replace my stock head unit with a new pioneer navi unit. I've taken the dash apart and it seems that the wiring harness i got doesn't work for my car. From what i can tell by looking at the wiring, the car has factory amp(s) and a fiber optic cable that controls them and the cd changer. There are two plugs that go to the back of the unit. One is for power and the other looks like its for steering controls and the center speaker. I'm assuming i need to find the factory amp, tap into those speaker wires and utilize an after market amp? Does anyone have experience with this? does anyone have a pin out or wiring diagram for the stero system? thanks for any input...
Try reading this thread; it has all the information you are looking for, including the stereo wiring diagram.
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...o-install.html
Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by 03clk55
Take lot's of pics as you progress through this as well if you don't mind. The more info/pictures/experience from different menbers the better.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
hey. i did the switch as well. if you dont want to cut up your harness, i found this unit thats plug and play. you get the sw controls (track changes and volume), but no bt. ca.r.pi.-131 i believe thats the part. its made specifically from pioneer to pioneer units

also there is a member on the cl or cls forum that has done this. i believe he did it with alpine add on. though i forget which one