CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pullies Headers and Chip boost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320 Coupe
Pullies Headers and Chip boost?

Hey guys so im having my suspension changed this week, i ordered the fsd kit with eibach, so first off i want to thank everyone who helped me in that decision.

WEll, while researching all that i decided i want some more performance upgrades. I found that some of you guys might have changed your headers and pullies from evosport and have seen good power gains. Also that adding a powerchip or sprintbooster will also give good boosts. Can one of you guys verify this for me? Any idea on how well the boosts are?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by lllsmoothoplll
Hey guys so im having my suspension changed this week, i ordered the fsd kit with eibach, so first off i want to thank everyone who helped me in that decision.

WEll, while researching all that i decided i want some more performance upgrades. I found that some of you guys might have changed your headers and pullies from evosport and have seen good power gains. Also that adding a powerchip or sprintbooster will also give good boosts. Can one of you guys verify this for me? Any idea on how well the boosts are?

Thanks

Evosport makes an under drive pulley kit for the 320, but not headers. You will definitely feel the power gains from the pulley kit and I think it's somewhere around $375.

You can also combine that with a tune from whichever company you prefer and it works well in combo with the pulley kit. The sprint booster will not add power, it just makes the throttle more sensitive.

I have all 3 and haven't had any problems. Although I don't know if I would have bought the pulley kit or the sprint booster if I didn't get a deal on them.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:59 PM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
ok cool, can powerchip and sprintbooster be used together then?
and is there anywhere else that can offer better headers?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 PM

R129,W209
Originally Posted by lllsmoothoplll

Thanks

I'm excited for ya!
Let us know how it looks/performs.

As for performance I think without forced induction the main route is intake/exhaust/remap for the most effective power:$$$ ratio.

I'm sure there's a youtube of the dyno'd gains somewhere...

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUOp331gMA

Last edited by kakahara; 08-13-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:37 AM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
Originally Posted by kakahara

I'm excited for ya!
Let us know how it looks/performs.

As for performance I think without forced induction the main route is intake/exhaust/remap for the most effective power:$$$ ratio.

I'm sure there's a youtube of the dyno'd gains somewhere...

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUOp331gMA
Ya i watched this one before too, but i wish i knew specifically what he modified. All he said was that he modified the intake and exhaust....Lolll that can mean alot of things.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
That Guy was a member here and he posted a thread listing the mods. Nothing special. I wouldn't go with powerchip, someone like speedtuning or Eurocharged is cheaper.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by dynomite05
That Guy was a member here and he posted a thread listing the mods. Nothing special. I wouldn't go with powerchip, someone like speedtuning or Eurocharged is cheaper.
Agree. Ive heard bad things about Powerchip USA & I've had issues with Powerchip France so I would suggest Eurocharged.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by elijah
Agree. Ive heard bad things about Powerchip USA & I've had issues with Powerchip France so I would suggest Eurocharged.
Wow, talk about consistency eh? If they are buying and using the same tune from the same source then I guess the results are going to be pretty much the same across the board.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 AM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
Cool, thanks guys, ya i just checked out speed tuning its a hella lot cheaper. Do you guys know hot to contact Eurocharged though. The website has no options for a clk320.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Call them. Their contact number should be on the page.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 AM

R129,W209
Any updates on your mods?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
smooth, here is a thread of mine showing gains from different mods (actual dyno numbers, no *** dyno numbers from me). Be carfeful what you spend your money on...

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...yno-gains.html
Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 AM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
Originally Posted by kakahara
Any updates on your mods?
Hey ya so i just got the shocks and springs done along with my brakes. Maybe ill post some pics for comparison in the original thread. As for the pulley, i was trying to look around to get it cheaper, and i ended up emailing evosport to see if they can give me a better deal and they were actually kind enough to give it for a hundred less (so far i like this company). So i guess ill get to installing that in the next week or so. I also found a local body shop thats going to give me a brabus rear bumper for a hundred bucks, so i think that and the exhaust system is going to be my next step. I figure since i got a better bumper, the exhaust has to match it!