CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 55 AMG rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S, 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pac Car (currently for sale)
CLK 55 AMG rims

Need an opnion here...

What does everone think of the AMG Double Spoke rims that come on the CLK 55? Tirerack.com finally has the exact ones and I am looking to get them for my CLK 500. The reason I am looking at these is to add a different look as well as keep it close to stock.

Any opinions?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: CLK 55 AMG rims

Originally posted by JohnSpag
Need an opnion here...

What does everone think of the AMG Double Spoke rims that come on the CLK 55? Tirerack.com finally has the exact ones and I am looking to get them for my CLK 500. The reason I am looking at these is to add a different look as well as keep it close to stock.

Any opinions?
I am not telling if you are not gonna get it from me! j/k

The new Style IV that come with the CLK55 are nice. But it would be nicer if you get 18" Style IV in multi-piece!!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S, 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Pac Car (currently for sale)
Hey Harris...

I didn't purchase anything yet...:-)

Just checked out your site. How much do the rims go for? Also, are they the same finish am M-B? They call it polished where as tirerack calles it bright silver painted.

Thanks man!!! Appreciate the advice!

Also, checked out the 18 inch multi piece. Look nice, but not sure if I want to do 18's
Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by JohnSpag
Hey Harris...

I didn't purchase anything yet...:-)

Just checked out your site. How much do the rims go for? Also, are they the same finish am M-B? They call it polished where as tirerack calles it bright silver painted.

Thanks man!!! Appreciate the advice!

Also, checked out the 18 inch multi piece. Look nice, but not sure if I want to do 18's
You are welcome to send me an e-mail for pricing. harris@hartonmotorwerks.com I will not get into a price war with Tirerack, but I can tell you my price is competitive enough to everyone else.

If you have the budget, get 18" multi-piece, it will be VERY nice and VERY aggressive. There will be a CLK500 with those wheels on very soon. Check out my site's Gallery section in a few weeks.

Last edited by Harris; 07-14-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:32 AM

The AMG double spoke is a truly great looking wheel and was on my shortlist. The only drawback is that the car might look as a CLK55 wannabe. Decided to go with Brabus VI one-piece instead which looks similar but doesn't have that negative. Now, if you go with the multi piece, you don't have that issue. Also, as you're going through the expense of buying new wheels, you might want to consider going to 18".

Cheers
Old 07-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the advice. Still torn on what to do though. I really didn't want to upgrade to 18's since I would then need to get tires.

Still like those CLK55 rims, but don't to seem like a 55 wannabe. Then again, on the 208, the 320 came with the appearance package which had the same rims as the 430 and the 55. Maybe Benz plans on doing this with the current 500 in the future at some point?

Any other advice would be helpful.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:02 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by MBcoupe forever
The AMG double spoke is a truly great looking wheel and was on my shortlist. The only drawback is that the car might look as a CLK55 wannabe. Decided to go with Brabus VI one-piece instead which looks similar but doesn't have that negative. Now, if you go with the multi piece, you don't have that issue. Also, as you're going through the expense of buying new wheels, you might want to consider going to 18".

Cheers
ditto

i was considering getting the dual spoke AMGs on My C320 but i dont want a wannabe AMG either. plus since its standard on all the AMGs it will be quite common.

check out Brabus, Carlsson, or Lorinser and see what you like.

The brabus rims are nice but they are a bit extreme stylewise. however i am starting to like mono V and VI.

i am still deciding too

goodluck
Old 07-16-2003, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by noblert10
ditto

i was considering getting the dual spoke AMGs on My C320 but i dont want a wannabe AMG either. plus since its standard on all the AMGs it will be quite common.

check out Brabus, Carlsson, or Lorinser and see what you like.

The brabus rims are nice but they are a bit extreme stylewise. however i am starting to like mono V and VI.

i am still deciding too

goodluck
Thanks why I said you guys have to buy multi-piece! :p
Old 07-16-2003, 10:52 PM

Going from five spoke AMG to five double spoke AMG in same 17” size will not make such big difference in appearance. Not worth the money (in my opinion). But I understand your issue of wanting to keep the tires though

Two ideas:

1, Sell the standard 500CLK wheels/tires (on EBAY) and buy new 18” to the style of you desire. A 320CLK owner might want to buy them.

2, Run down your current 17” set, and when its time to replace the tires, buy a new 18” set. This way you car get a mid-life kicker on the looks.

Cheers