CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Ahhhh crap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Angry Ahhhh crap!

This morning while driving at school, I took a turn a little too sharp at about 15-20 MPH. I went up on the curb a bit and I think i really f*cked my alignment up. The drive has a little of a "wobbling" feeling to it and the tires chirp when I'm just driving straight and at low speeds. I then get an error message on my gauge saying ESP is malfunctioning and to bring the car in for service.

I scheduled an appointment and my baby is going in tomorrow. Anybody have any ideas of what the problem is?

I'm so pissed.. hopefully it won't take long (or cost much) to fix, and I'll get to beat on a loaner for a few days!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You might have bent your rim and/or messed the alignment up. Sorry
Old 07-22-2003, 01:50 PM

'03 CLK500
Unhappy

I found out what's wrong with my car.....

The rear subframe is damaged. I went to MB and they hoisted my car up so we could see under it.. basically, a large metal structure that's supposed to be straight had a nice curve to it and when you look at the car from the rear you can see the right tire is pointing in a bit.

They said the part would be around $650 to order, and that after labor they quoted me *** $3,000 *** They are a bunch of crooks and I am int the process of getting my car towed to a local shop.

What a joke.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by likuidM5
I found out what's wrong with my car.....

The rear subframe is damaged. I went to MB and they hoisted my car up so we could see under it.. basically, a large metal structure that's supposed to be straight had a nice curve to it and when you look at the car from the rear you can see the right tire is pointing in a bit.

They said the part would be around $650 to order, and that after labor they quoted me *** $3,000 *** They are a bunch of crooks and I am int the process of getting my car towed to a local shop.

What a joke.
$2350 labor???????? Wow.....

Ummm.....would you still be interested in getting the SL-wheels then?? I found it already!!!!

Btw, got your message, I'm sending you some info, check your e-mail, I'll send it to both address.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:37 PM

'03 CLK500
I'm not using MB. Screw them. I'm going to a local shop that is charging $50 and hour and estimated it to take half the time that MB was claiming. I guess MB just does stuff extra slow and careful, right? Bahhhh
Old 07-24-2003, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by likuidM5
I'm not using MB. Screw them. I'm going to a local shop that is charging $50 and hour and estimated it to take half the time that MB was claiming. I guess MB just does stuff extra slow and careful, right? Bahhhh
Just be careful with your local shop and make sure you know what they are doing. They should also give you some kind of guarantee on their workmanship.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
liquidM5: have you got a chance to read my e-mail? do you have any questions?
Old 07-25-2003, 07:33 AM

doesnt your car insurance..

cover this ???
Old 07-29-2003, 06:31 PM

CLK240 Avantgarde
Hey man... know how you feel... couple shoplifters crashed into my clk over a month ago and the estimated labour charge at Mercedes UK (London) is over £3500 (that's over $5500!!) - for basically replacing the rear subframe, some suspension bits and some bodywork... and the most annoying bit is that they haven't even started work on it yet! Insurance Co. have accepted the estimate (so no problem there) but apparently MB is "too busy"

"Estimated" completion is 22 Aug and they don't even have any loan or courtesy cars... very, very frustating... but hey, at least I'm getting some exercise

[btw... I insisted on using MB as I was concerned about any future warranty issues... perhaps you might want to consider this? Will your insurance cover your loss?]

Derry