CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Still trying to figure it out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e63 NA
This thread gave me a good laugh w209 guys always come in with the entertainment

This guy is the perfect storm for trolling.

1. Step 1, show up at a competitors forum with "legit" questions like, "why are these cars such pieces of ****".
2. Keep your cool and defend that you mean no animosity but you are honestly curious and want to know why their product is so terrible.
3. Offer empathy for them purchasing and owning such a terrible product.
4. Diabolically laugh to oneself.
5. Deflect numerous logical arguments thrown at you, counter argue against less logical arguments with even less logical points.
6. Return to forum to provide backhanded compliments, "im proud of you for not worrying about what others think"
7. Deny you even understand what trolling is
8. Keep the troll alive

I must say, this guy is a veteran. I applaud you for making me laugh, don't take anything too serious here guys, just have fun with the troll.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Somebody someday will earn their doctoral from a dissertation dissecting the mind of a person who posts something like this. It's mildly amusing but not particularly funny or clever. Nor is it even weird like so many troll posts. You have to wonder why anybody thought it was a good way to spend what must amount to an hour by now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but every time I see that driver's seat I picture Snooki. I have not checked a thesaurus, but in my mind "trophy," "sexy" and "bright orange" are not synonyms. And if he's owned a 2007 for only a year, then the guy with the "inclosed" garage ain't all that wealthy. And why is "every where possible" in quotes, in addition to being gramatically incorrect? But in the end his admitted inability to distinguish leather from vinyl, and thus quality from not quite so quality, explains a lot about BMW's success and weddings of chemically altered women.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
W209, W124
Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
At least we get a picture of your "trophy wife".
Oh, so he's a lefty.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by Mka77
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...-included.html

Asked for help and troubleshooting. Shame it was provide. Douche

Oh, this guy! I remember that thread. The first responder in that thread was more clairvoyant than he knew when he advised "Might want to check your nuts occasionally."
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Originally Posted by C-A-T-S
Rodney,

Thank you for your helpful response. While I am a bit exasperated from the amount of work it takes to get one useful response on this forum I am certainly happy that it has finally come, and from a Group A'er to boot.
Group A'er? Is that like Type A?

Thank you for explaining to me the difference between the Camry's headlamps and Mercedes, however we, as Mercedes owners, live in a world where perception is reality. So, regardless if the headlamps are true HId's or not, they appear to be, and therefore they are.
No, they aren't. There really are big differences int he lights. I do agree with you that MBZ (and BMW and Audi, and other luxury brands) "cheap-out" by not just putting the HIDs in their cars. The manufacturing cost of adding HIDs is nearly negligible. But, the perceived value to buyers is high, so therefore, they can sell them as expensive add-on options and make lots of profit (and don't forget - car manufacturers are in business to make a profit).

Trust me, it's not a good look when my trophy pulls up for her weekly spray tan and the cashiers Camry appears to have more advanced headlamps than my Trophy Grade wife's status laden cabriolet.
LOL! I know others may not get your humor, but I do.

As far as the leather; that very well may be my fault. We bought the car with one owner from and older couple and it was very, very well maintained and serviced. Having grown accustomed to BMW's fine Nappa and Merino hides over the years I simply assumed that the fabric covering the inside of the CLK was some sort of cheap vinyl or plastic as it was obviously of a lower grade than what I was accustomed to. For the last year I have had my man servant cleaning the seats bi-monthly with general household degreasers, and I believe once bleach. This would most likely account for the fact that the seats have nearly fallen apart.
Uh, the leather MBZ uses in their base models is far superior to BMW's. My BMW had their top of the line Napa leather and it was shiny and stained after a year. My 2002 C-Class leather still looks "almost new" and comes clean with a quick wipe of a damp cloth. I am sorry to hear that the trophy wife is barren and unable to bear children to be your slaves to be trained from infants on how to properly care for a fine leather interior. Those man-servants never do a good job. Once our daughter become too old to be indentured, we absconded with her child, our granddaughter, and she is now properly trained in fine leather care.

Thank you for pointing out that the CLK is not a sports car in either the status laden V8 cabriolet or pedestrian coupe guise. However, judging by a few members signatures and aggressive, juvenile choices in mods I am inclined to say that you are preaching to the choir.
Actually, the stock CLK is not really a sports car, but with proper modifications, which many users choose to implement, it can be. Me personally, I like the gentle but secure ride of a touring car. My old back can't take the railroad car suspensions of BMWs. Luckily, the CLK does "double down" when pressed so I can have a little fun.

Once again thank you for the response. I hope your wife is enjoying her CLK550 cabriolet.
Nope, the wife enjoys her Jeep Grand Cherokee. The CLK is mine. She refuses to drive it because it messes up her hair, and it's too low to the ground.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Leather after 8 years in my old car. I would shoot the trophy for her piggy like ways.

The CLK's Basalt Grey leather is perfect.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 911S & 2013 E92 M3 CP
Gents,

I snapped a picture earlier today, and I felt compelled to share with my CLK brothers. Hope you enjoy.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
At least we get a picture of your "trophy wife".
I can not speak to you as you drive an ancient Chevrolet. Thank you for understanding.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yidney
Somebody someday will earn their doctoral from a dissertation dissecting the mind of a person who posts something like this. It's mildly amusing but not particularly funny or clever. Nor is it even weird like so many troll posts. You have to wonder why anybody thought it was a good way to spend what must amount to an hour by now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but every time I see that driver's seat I picture Snooki. I have not checked a thesaurus, but in my mind "trophy," "sexy" and "bright orange" are not synonyms. And if he's owned a 2007 for only a year, then the guy with the "inclosed" garage ain't all that wealthy. And why is "every where possible" in quotes, in addition to being gramatically incorrect? But in the end his admitted inability to distinguish leather from vinyl, and thus quality from not quite so quality, explains a lot about BMW's success and weddings of chemically altered women.
Just as I am finalizing my email to the administrators requesting a separate sub forum for cabriolet owners I see this garbage. Yidney, I am completely appalled and disgusted with your show of disrespect. You, my friend, sound very hood.

If you choose to continue your posting regimen within my thread, please be a doll and remove your signature picture. When I look at it I get dizzy and my vision blurs. It's hard to tell where the cheap tail lights end and the atrocious paint hue begins.

Thanks in advance for complying with my wishes.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Gents,

I snapped a picture earlier today, and I felt compelled to share with my CLK brothers. Hope you enjoy.

Good job comparing yourself to a poser
Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Leather after 8 years in my old car. I would shoot the trophy for her piggy like ways.

The CLK's Basalt Grey leather is perfect.
Glen,

Thank you for posting pictures of that old car. Here are a few of the full leather interior of my M6. For those that don't know, the full leather option means that my interior is laden with fine, exquisite materials such as Merino leather and alcantera. Enjoy.

As you can see the trophy's seat is pristine. This is due in part to the towel that she is required to sit on. My only issues are the black leather of the doors. Somehow after a few weeks a bit of spray tan begins to accumulate. Oh well; it's just a car.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Clkboi
Good job comparing yourself to a poser
A poser? Maybe so.

The only male CLK driver I have seen this week? Most certainly.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Clk350 SL550 GLA45 GLC63 Raptot
ok, so my trophy wife has had her lovely "sports" car for a bit over a year and 20,000 miles. I will say this; the damn thing has been bullet proof. Completely problem and maintenance free.

Anyway, today I was washing it and some dirty Mercedes water splashed onto my M6. Rather than wipe it off I took a seat and grabbed a beer in my garage (an inclosed area where a wealthy man stores his cars).

I began to look at the CLK550 and I though, "What the ****, Mercedes????"

Have to get P2 for Xenons? Should have got a Camry.

Rotten vinyl seats? Should have got a corolla.

Christopher columbus navigation? Should have walked.
(no picture needed.)
Then I sat back and looked at the exterior.

Cheap tail lights? Check!

Very aggressive bolt ons with a soft, very dated body? Check.

Ricer chrome glued "every where possible"? Double check.

Needless to say I am begging my sexy bride to sell this thing. I am interested to hear if any of my other CLK brothers have thought this. Currently shopping e92 335 M-sports.

Nice 2002 m6... Shopping for 335 M sport? What about at 335si convertible? It's more expensive than M3 hahaha what a deal.

If you really hate clk check this out
http://youtu.be/zNzuI7LO5lE

Your m6 vs a clk.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Just as I am finalizing my email to the administrators requesting a separate sub forum for cabriolet owners I see this garbage. Yidney, I am completely appalled and disgusted with your show of disrespect. You, my friend, sound very hood.

If you choose to continue your posting regimen within my thread, please be a doll and remove your signature picture. When I look at it I get dizzy and my vision blurs. It's hard to tell where the cheap tail lights end and the atrocious paint hue begins.

Thanks in advance for complying with my wishes.
You can't tell where the tail lights end and the paint begins? So in addition to not being able to tell leather from vinyl, you cannot tell plastic from metal. This makes me want reiterate an earlier posting asking for a picture of your wife. I liked Lassie, I'd like to see her again.

Last edited by Yidney; 10-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zhengyucoo
Nice 2002 m6... Shopping for 335 M sport? What about at 335si convertible? It's more expensive than M3 hahaha what a deal.
Truth be told I would much rather have the is or the M3 in the driveway. Furthermore, that is an option for my wife and I. My wife's job gives her what you might call a car allowance. Right now she is at a little over 50%; she basically pockets the other $300/month.

Now you ask, "why are you merely settling when you could have a much nicer car?"

My reply, "you obviously have not read the thread, or your reading comprehension is quite low."

My wife is a terrible driver and does not care about performance, trap times, lateral g's, or blowing the doors off soccer moms in minivans in 20mph school zones. All she cares about is a badge and a certain two door form factor that will make her look good at meetings and while driving clients. Whatever she gets will be trashed within a year. I can live with a trashed CLK in the garage; not so much an M3.

Originally Posted by Zhengyucoo
If you really hate clk check this out
http://youtu.be/zNzuI7LO5lE

Your m6 vs a clk.
Roll on floor laughing! The CLK 63 Black Series AKA the laughing stock of the entire automotive community. I can picture the MB board room now:

Circa 2007

Chairman: Gentleman, it's about time we give the much dated CLK a desperately needed redesign. As you know we have been using the same design for the last 15 years.

(chuckling and wispering in background)

Nerdy intern in the back: Sir, I have an idea. Let's stuff the most massive engine Mercedes has to offer in the archaic body, trim a few pounds, slap on a few IS-F esque body parts, and give it a completely new model designation unique to any Mercedes.

(gasps)

Chairman: Son, you may just be right. We'll call it the Black Series and we will charge a $60,000 premium. And son, make sure they don't change that navigation. We don't want to put any more money into this than we have to.

Last edited by C-A-T-S; 10-17-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
@Glyn: You missed a spot!

@C-A-T-S: Ah, the elusive CLK550 "AMG". At least the idiot could have removed the "0". The reality is that anyone who actually knows what "M" or "AMG" is, will know if it's real or not. As for the gender of CLK drivers, well, out of the 400+/- cars in my office parking lot, there are 6 MBZs and 8 BMWs. All of the BMWs but one are drive by women (one guy has an M6). All of the MBZs are drive by men, including both CLK cabriolets (one being mine). Ohm and my 18yo granddaughter who drive the C240 has promised me to buy her a BMW 3-series when she graduates from college.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rudeney
@Glyn: You missed a spot!

@C-A-T-S: Ah, the elusive CLK550 "AMG". At least the idiot could have removed the "0". The reality is that anyone who actually knows what "M" or "AMG" is, will know if it's real or not. As for the gender of CLK drivers, well, out of the 400+/- cars in my office parking lot, there are 6 MBZs and 8 BMWs. All of the BMWs but one are drive by women (one guy has an M6). All of the MBZs are drive by men, including both CLK cabriolets (one being mine). Ohm and my 18yo granddaughter who drive the C240 has promised me to buy her a BMW 3-series when she graduates from college.
Tell your boss I said congrats on his M6.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Rodney,

Actually I see that CLK parked there almost every day. The guy owns one of the stores and the shopping center is pretty close to my house. Had subway up the street so I thought why not.

It's actually a pretty nice car. Has a nice set of wheels and Xenons! Sadly the AMG badges completely kill it.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
If no one is around when a tree falls in the forest, does it make noise?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Stop feeding the troll guys.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 AM

2004 SL55 AMG
You'll have to forgive me, I'm new here, however...

Really? you must have said that in jest, cats. Your initial statement spoke volumes. I do not know about the other fine people here, but a true trophy wife (and I know from experience) wouldn't let her maid live in such a sub-par abode. And if you truly were a wealthy man, your car payments wouldn't equate to more than your house payments. I do feel for your wife, it must be hard maintaining her self esteem knowing that no matter how hard she tries, at the end of every day, the best she could do was end up hitched to a poser such as yourself, as opposed to a wealthy man.

How sad for her...
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
If you have a legit question post up, we are happy to help.
If you have another goal in mind, you'll be tuned out.
Up to you.

I love the clk63 black! It's on my list.
I even like earlier clk dtm cars more, but totally out of my range at this point.
The connection albeit remote to those clk super cars keeps my interest.

Believe it or not your wife's little vert could be brought back to life....... But you would need the help of a car enthusiast.............. There are suspension braking mods that would perk the old girl up. And put some love into the car.

Kev- any progress on the rear diff cooler? Pm when you get some updates........ I want to copy shamelessly!

Last edited by betrezra; 10-18-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
My oath but that Chris Bangle butt on the M6 has got to be the ugliest thing in motoring history. What was the idiot thinking. Ah! yes ~ I guess it & other styling botch ups got him removed from his position.

Enjoy your sheep hide! Real low rent!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM

2004 CLK 500
Hey CATS, Real trophy wives do not work. They don't have to. I bet your "trophy" wife makes more per year than you! Better watch out she'll be dumping your old fat butt and buying herself her own new Mercedes! LOL
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by betrezra
Kev- any progress on the rear diff cooler? Pm when you get some updates........ I want to copy shamelessly!
Jeff - this weekend I'm getting the car up on the hoist to start taking measurements, it's not going to be a quick project but as it progresses I'll PM you updates. When it's done I'll post up all the part numbers and procedures on my thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Still trying to figure it out