CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2009 CLK 350 aftermarket Navi (yes, I searched)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 clk-350
2009 CLK 350 aftermarket Navi (yes, I searched)

Hi guys, I just want to start out by saying that I've researched this for the past couple of days and have not found a great answer. I've found plenty of people with CLKs built in other years that have suggestions of aftermarket navigation systems and dash kits to install but I haven't been able to find a suggestion of a dash kit that will fork for the 2009 CLK 350 convertible.

Part of the difficulty is terminology I'm not familiar with such as facelifted, and the fact that I'm not sure what designation is given to the 2009 CLK 350. Wiki says it is a C209 but this sites seems to say that it is a W209? Some clarification here would be great.

Currently there is no navi in the car. the dealership says that Mercedes doesn't sell navi's for this model anymore so they can't help. I contacted Dynavin after reading through this site and they said they don't make a model that will fit this year CLK. I even contacted a local car audio shop and they said that there aren't any aftermarket kits that will work and it they would have to make a custom one.

Some advice and direction from some users with experience would be great. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms since I don't understand all of the terminology here too so I apologize of the info is lurking here on this site and I have just not been able to find it.

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I can answer your question about what facelifted means. In the 2004 timframe, the CLK underwent what everyone here refers to as a facelift. Thus you will see references to "pre-facelift", "post-facelift", or even "facelifted" cars. Yours is obviosly post-facelift. If you want to see the differences, just look on e-bay or AutoTrader for a 2003 model. You'll see that most of the changes involve the center console. The center console storage door is different, the AC controls are different, and the Navi is different. But the changes are not just cosmetic. The systems are different as to whether they are fiber optic or not, etc. Others on here know that stuff way better than I. I followed a very long Dynavin thread that was on her about a year or less ago, and it did get a bit confusing about what it would fit. But I seem to recall that a post-facelift model was in the works. Others just do a pioneer or other aftermaket system and custom fit it. Or you could get all necessary parts from a wreck or on e-bay.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by tazmajazz
Hi guys, I just want to start out by saying that I've researched this for the past couple of days and have not found a great answer. I've found plenty of people with CLKs built in other years that have suggestions of aftermarket navigation systems and dash kits to install but I haven't been able to find a suggestion of a dash kit that will fork for the 2009 CLK 350 convertible.

Part of the difficulty is terminology I'm not familiar with such as facelifted, and the fact that I'm not sure what designation is given to the 2009 CLK 350. Wiki says it is a C209 but this sites seems to say that it is a W209? Some clarification here would be great.

Currently there is no navi in the car. the dealership says that Mercedes doesn't sell navi's for this model anymore so they can't help. I contacted Dynavin after reading through this site and they said they don't make a model that will fit this year CLK. I even contacted a local car audio shop and they said that there aren't any aftermarket kits that will work and it they would have to make a custom one.

Some advice and direction from some users with experience would be great. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms since I don't understand all of the terminology here too so I apologize of the info is lurking here on this site and I have just not been able to find it.

Thanks!
I wouldn't listen to any of those guys that you asked and stated that it couldn't be done. I believe a couple of threads down is one created by clkboi. He's installing a double din system to his clk. although, his model of choice for pioneer does not include nav... I don't think but you can easily get one with nav and have it work. He does very nice wrote ups post install as well. So look out for that and feel free to ask more questions as you go on this installation. I mean this is afterall a forum to help answer any questions to the greater clk/mbz family.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM

08 CLK 350 sport, 11 BMW 328i, 99 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 06 Suzuki DRZ400SM
I have an 08 clk 350 with an aftermarket double din system. You can put any kind of system in your car. I have navi/DVD/radio. I just installed my back up camera. All you need is a good installer. Here is a picture of my HU.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM

08 CLK 350 sport, 11 BMW 328i, 99 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 06 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Sorry. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 CLK 350 aftermarket Navi (yes, I searched)-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM

2009 clk-350
thanks for the info guys. I think I finally found an aftermarket dash kit that says it will work. :-)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 320 CDI
Originally Posted by tazmajazz
thanks for the info guys. I think I finally found an aftermarket dash kit that says it will work. :-)
Just a bit of further clarification too, the W209 or C209 referers to, cabrio - the W or Coupe - the C.

As for the mounting kit, purchasing something similar to "Connects2 CT23MB04A - Mercedes Benz Mercedes Benz CLK (W209) 2006> Double Din Fascia Fitting Kit" will allow you to go for any aftermarket double din stereo with NAV. There are many to choose from.

And on a final note, if you decide to go aftermarket, if you stick with Alpine and use this module KCE-960B, you can keep the dashboard display in the speedo area and the controls on the steering wheels.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2009 clk-350 (Black) AMG, 2009 clk-550 (Pewter) AMG
you found the connect kit? where are you located. i might sell mine, its BNIB, not sure yet.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM

asd
I just ordered the big fin diffuser from JL and will post pics after install.