CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

20 inch wheels Hanover RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 W211 E55 AMG
20 inch wheels Hanover RS

Ok guys with what Im about to show you.. you'll think Ive probably gone bananas lol and maybe i have .. i ended up fitting 20 inch wheels to my car.. I know its not something that everybody likes as they usually stick with 19s max to be on the safe side. Me however, i wanted to be a little different and push the boundary a bit. I ended up choosing the Hanover RS wheels, in which i have honestly not seen many around and with this specific colour combination (gunmetal grey) im probably the only one lol as everybody else has the machined face colour. In fact in Melbourne so far nobody has these wheels yet but i have started to see some people with the EURO/CL63 RS.

The sizes for the rims are 20 x 8.5 +32 and 20 x 10 +42 with 235/30/20 tyres for the front and 255/30/20 for the rears. I had been looking up the forums all the time to find what sizes people where using as you really have to watch the offsets with 20 inch wheels for a clk. The rears fit perfectly with no dramas all all and cleared everything. the fronts literally just squeezed in there lol with a gap that would give an ant a hard time trying to squeeze through. Ive recently just fitted my car with the Bilstein B8 shocks so surprisingly its actually a smooth ride and feels the same to my 19s setup.

These wheels are really something you have to see and appreciate in person as photos dont really do justice.. Also weight wise, they wouldve been a slight bit heavier than the 19s but at the end of the day my car isnt the high end model nor do i race it.. I also have my factory 18s to drive on throughout the rest of the 6 months as ive decided to just keep the wheels on for spring/summer.
By the way yes that is a side badge on the fender but it says "3.2" and not "6.3" .. some may call it posing as it does say "amg" beside the numbering.. my car is a 320 so the 3.2 is correct in a way.. plus with the amg 63 styling, the badge almost looks like it was meant to be there.. i Just basically wanted to "complete the look" so i put it on.. Now just waiting for my rotors then i can fit my CLK 55 brakes that ive been eagerly waiting to do so.
Attached Thumbnails 20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-1.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-2.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-3.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-4.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-5.jpg  

20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-6.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 AM

04 W211 E55 AMG
few more other photos.. one showing that nice 3.5 inch lip on the 20 x 10 rear
These are real different compared to my previous wheels in that they seem to have a different look when the light shines on them and when its dark as the centre polished spoke tends to stand out more whereas the euro 63 rims were machined so they stood out in all photos/lighting.
Attached Thumbnails 20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-7.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-8.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-9.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-11.jpg   20 inch wheels Hanover RS-image-10.jpg  

Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Yes you've gone bad! Nah on a serious note it looks ok. I don't particularly like the idea of 20's on the W209 but hey as long as you like it, that's all that matters really.
IMO regardless what you did to make your car look like an AMG, it just isnt one so the AMG badge does not belong on your car!!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 CLK 55
Wheels are not bad. The 63 bumper is pure sex though!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:57 PM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by elijah
Yes you've gone bad! Nah on a serious note it looks ok. I don't particularly like the idea of 20's on the W209 but hey as long as you like it, that's all that matters really.
IMO regardless what you did to make your car look like an AMG, it just isnt one so the AMG badge does not belong on your car!!
Yes I was kinda on the fence about it.. I've definitely got no trunk badges so that I made sure lol but the side ones, they were something I wanted to see how it looked as I had seen them for sale on the forums as well..
As for 20s yes might be a bit too big but at the end of the day the car is a cruiser, it it were a 500 or more I would've definitely stuck with 18s or 19s max but i just wanted to be a bit different and especially that I've for a car show coming up in December I wanted to try something else.
At the moment tho there have been no problems and the ride quality has been very similar to my 19s.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Looks good. I prefer the Monarchs tho
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM

CLK55 AMG
just black out the AMG bit on the badges... I do like the badge on the side and if you take it off now it will look really naked... but blacking out the middle, already black bit would make it ok I guess.... then again, there seems to be forming an opposition for the AMG badges on here haha...

These wheels ... I'm not sure... I like the look of them in some angles, but my ***** sure aren't as big as yours to actually put them on my car

I do like ur car a lot though...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by NardoNZ
just black out the AMG bit on the badges... I do like the badge on the side and if you take it off now it will look really naked... but blacking out the middle, already black bit would make it ok I guess.... then again, there seems to be forming an opposition for the AMG badges on here haha...

These wheels ... I'm not sure... I like the look of them in some angles, but my ***** sure aren't as big as yours to actually put them on my car

I do like ur car a lot though...
Yeah I get the same feeling with the wheels.. Some angles and lighting they look really good.. The photos don't really do justice.. As for the monarch euro 63 wheels I do still prefer the look of them a bit more but I had to change up the look lol I couldn't keep still . I still have my factory 18s and the monarch wheels aside as well so ill see how I go with these.. As for badging I provably will cop a bit for them lol but as long as I didn't put "6.3" and "Amg" on the rear then it's not as bad with the side..