CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

straight pipes clk 500 darth vader

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
straight pipes clk 500 darth vader

Ok for those that are wondering what you should do with your exhaust. This is what I did in short form ....from stock to just a muffler delete sounds pretty sick food sound low drone or none with single pipe ....then went all out ....kept primary cats...delete the rest Sec. Cats and resnonator.....now in a few words on how it sounds ......'sounds like nascar' lol....and seems to increased power alot....1st 2nd gear wheel spin ..lol....but its loud as freak.....the whole neihborhood will shake ....I'm trying to up load video for sound so you can hear ...but its a freakin awesome feeling knowing that our w209s sound just *** bad *** as a c63 if not better.:-)
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2009 clk-350 (Black) AMG, 2009 clk-550 (Pewter) AMG
The drone must drive you crazy
Old 11-07-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Deletion of the resonators is the only thing that would increase drone. Matter of fact, I think using an aftermarket muffler w/o a resonator will increase drone more than deleting OE resonator and muffler.

I think if I d/n have a muffler and resonator, my neighbors would be signing a petition...
Old 11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Fatz
I think if I d/n have a muffler and resonator, my neighbors would be signing a petition...
Lol +1. I have my resonators and bubble resonators (2nd cats) out with the amg muffler and cats still intact and it's nice imo. get compliments from all my friends. was thinking of making it a tad louder but don't know how. muffler delete would be too crazy (the weight reduction would be nice though, but would have to fill up the top of that space with something to prevent drone). a friend of mine mentioned gutting the muffler but leaving the u-bend inside so it's not a straight through design, just remove the steel wool padding and fiberglass
Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Uh Oh! Maybe I am being petitioned.... Didn't realize you still had your OE muffler. The "cavern" left with the removal of my OE muffler (14" magnaflow at center now) is covered with boom mat acoustical coating (rubber in a can). It works pretty good.

If you would gut your OE muffler, why not just replace it instead? The OE muffler is made of much thicker material and less prone to vibrate like most aftermarket ones.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Fatz
Uh Oh! Maybe I am being petitioned.... Didn't realize you still had your OE muffler. The "cavern" left with the removal of my OE muffler (14" magnaflow at center now) is covered with boom mat acoustical coating (rubber in a can). It works pretty good.

If you would gut your OE muffler, why not just replace it instead? The OE muffler is made of much thicker material and less prone to vibrate like most aftermarket ones.
lol be careful fatz there may be a letter going around your block

i was worried about the drone from the empty space, but i see the boom mat in a can covered that (no pun intended lol). it was just an idea. just looking at different options to play around with. don't like the fact of cutting the muffler open though

But damn blackhouse, you took everything after the primary cats out! i don't think I'd be able to handle that lol. another option i was thinking of was putting the bubble resonators/2nd cats back on and removing the muffler and just welding on the tips. idk if anyone here has that setup
Old 11-09-2013, 08:32 AM

CLK 500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT6zwr1qHZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Waaz up....:-) well after driving for a few hours I realized that this is pretty cool. On the freeway you have to ease up on the throttle to make it quite, but when you get on it, it is so much fun.:-) when you pull up next to a vette, lambo, porch, and bmws they are like wtf was that benz sounding like nascar. ....total sleeper car. They wouldnt expect it. And when you go through tunnels it is bad ***....I'm actually loving it everyone gives me the thumbs up when I roll by .....I havent gotten the middle finger yet ...or at least I cant see it when I blow past them ...lol to anyone thats doing mods ....you have to do this just to say you did it and have a blast with it .....wake up the whole neighborhood and just be a rebel for once ...it crazy:-)

Last edited by blackhouse; 11-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:39 AM

CLK 500

Originally Posted by blackhouse

Waaz up....:-) well after driving for a few hours I realized that this is pretty cool. On the freeway you have to ease up on the throttle to make it quite, but when you get on it, it is so much fun.:-) when you pull up next to a vette, lambo, porch, and bmws they are like wtf was that benz sounding like nascar. ....total sleeper car. They wouldnt expect it. And when you go through tunnels it is bad ***....I'm actually loving it everyone gives me the thumbs up when I roll by .....I havent gotten the middle finger yet ...or at least I cant see it when I blow past them ...lol to anyone thats doing mods ....you have to do this just to say you did it and have a blast with it .....wake up the whole neighborhood and just be a rebel for once ...it crazy:-)
Old 11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wtf!!!! Unless you're towing your car while in the neighborhood, YOU"RE GETTING EVICTED.......