CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Clk 200k cabrio w209, Jeep Crand Cherokee 3.0 CRD, Smart For two
W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209

I own a CLK200K '03 cabrio elegance with jasper blue color and alpaca gray interior. The seats of the car are not comfortable to me and I was searcing to replace them, when I saw the W207 interior. The biggest problem was the side airbags which are inside the seat and the color. I didn't want to pay a fortune and in alpaca gray there wasn't any aftermarket. Till one day I found the front seats from W207 E coupe, in black leather with the airbags. I took off the old seats from the car inorder to try if the new one can be placed. And they are a direct bolt on. Just take the old out and put the new at the same holes using the same bolts.After that I found the back seats in black leather from the W209 cabrio, the front and back side panels (only the inside) in black and replace the gray. Now the interior of the car is two tone in gray and black. The back panels are very easy to replaced but for the front you have to take off all the panel and you have to drill the plastic glued rivets in order to take out the old one and to place the new and to glue it with hot gun glue. Yesterday I finised the connections (the W207 have electrical adjustment) and the airbags. The only thing that isn't working is the passenger seat occupancy sensor from the W207 which is not combatable with the old W209 airbag modul. I have order a box which is just plugged to the old connector, it saws that the passenger seat is always occupied and the light in the center console goes off.
The new seats are fantastic and you can adjust them to your body needs. The look of the car has changed and it looks fresh and beautiful. For those that they have orthopedic seat they can find the orthopedic from W207 and just plug the air pump lines. The hole cost was 700€. I will change also the gray upper side of the front panel with a black one and I will try to see if a black AMG leather-wood steering wheel from the W207 can be also work with the W209 can bus. Any help will be very usefull. You can see more in the fotos.
Attached Thumbnails W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209-w207-w209..jpg   W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209-w207-w209.jpg   W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209-w207-w209...jpg   W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209-w207-w209....jpg   W207 Front Seats retrofit in W209-seats-w207-.jpg  

Last edited by gogos; 12-24-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:00 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
That is very nice looking! Good job!
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rudeney
That is very nice looking! Good job!
Thanks. It hasn't finished yet. I have to find what would be the best option for a new steering wheel, and also to change the gray upper dashboard section with a black one. I have seen a W207 with two tone black/gray designo interior which was fantastic and I will try to make my CLK look like that. Also I have a CLK63 Black series cluster and I will try to see if it is compatable with my cars electronics. All this after the holidays. Now holidays with the family.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2009 clk-350 (Black) AMG, 2009 clk-550 (Pewter) AMG
good job!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
That's awesome! I was wondering if this could be done. If our CLK didn't have the orthopedic can we buy 207 seats with orthopedic and it will work or no? Also, what about when moving the seat up to gain access to the back, is it still manual or now automatically can move back and forth when the lever is raised?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by gaazmon
That's awesome! I was wondering if this could be done. If our CLK didn't have the orthopedic can we buy 207 seats with orthopedic and it will work or no? Also, what about when moving the seat up to gain access to the back, is it still manual or now automatically can move back and forth when the lever is raised?
Thank you all. The lines from the air pump are the same for both the cars. You can check it by removing the old seat and fiting the new one and then check the operation before you buy them. Also you can ask an electrician who knows the MB to check the schematics from the star. There is no problem when moving the seat up and forward. The operation is manual. Only the adjustment for the back and the hight of the bottom are electrical. There is also full electrical, heated and orthopedic W207 seats. Donot go to a MB dealer because they will charge you what ever they want. I found an electrician who is working for MB and in an afternoon he make the connections. He costs me 50€ with the wires and the connectors.
For someone that have black interior is very easy because if he doesn't like the two tone interior, he need only the two front seats. If he likes the carbon look he can wrap the back plastic seat cover with real carbon (very easy DIY). Trust me if you want to change the interior look of your W209 just serf in the net for w207 interior pictures and then sky is the limit. And with MB OEM parts.
PS :For retrofiting orthopedic seats you will need the air pump, wiring harness and the air lines. The most difficult is that you have to take almost the hole interior out in order to make a proper instalation. I have thought to do it but to much work and money.
Another retrofit that I have made a month ago, was the bose amplifier from W208 which hasn't any optical input and the sound is much better and louder than the bose amp from w209 or the Harman-Kardon. With four focal speaker it cost me about 350€, including the wiring harness which I made by my self. It is very easy. It has two subwoofer output and you can use a dual coil sub. Also you can change the head unit and keep the amplifier using ISO speaker connectors. When I will find some time I will made a thread about it.

Last edited by gogos; 12-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gogos:
Chee Leong (09-05-2019), Tru-Soul (09-21-2020)
Old 04-23-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 270 cdi AMG
do you have a wiring diagram showing connections from the old supplies to the new?
Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212
I’m currently do retrofit W207 seat to my 2010 W212, I’m facing under seat yellow socket wiring problem as airbags got error “Xentry show code : Open Circuit”....

can u share me urs wiring diagram?