CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Please please please.. has anyone put Recaro Sportster CS into the CLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Please please please.. has anyone put Recaro Sportster CS into the CLK?

I say please please please, because im getting severe back pain in my car and was thinking of swapping to recaros to solve the problem, but info is scant. I was wondering if anyone has done it and if so what issues they came across, the one I can think of is the power seatbelt arm hitting into the seat....

Thanks!!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Clk 200k cabrio w209, Jeep Crand Cherokee 3.0 CRD, Smart For two
Originally Posted by darkus
I say please please please, because im getting severe back pain in my car and was thinking of swapping to recaros to solve the problem, but info is scant. I was wondering if anyone has done it and if so what issues they came across, the one I can think of is the power seatbelt arm hitting into the seat....
Thanks!!
Put the front seats from the W207. Try to find them with orthopedic adjustments. I also have back problems and after I put these seats to my car I can drive for hours without any pain.
More here: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ofit-w209.html
Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 AM

C63BS
Originally Posted by gogos
Put the front seats from the W207. Try to find them with orthopedic adjustments. I also have back problems and after I put these seats to my car I can drive for hours without any pain.
More here: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ofit-w209.html
Oh wow, this is such great news, you are a life saver!!

I do have a follow-up question. My problem is that my car is actually a Black Series CLK63, and the seats have all the controls mounted to the seat itself (not on the door or somewhere else as is the usual MBness). Does your W209 also have the seat controls on the seat itself.

I ask because if you have door mounted controls, then I probably wouldnt be able to adjust the seats once I put them in I guess. But hoping you have seat mounted controls

Thanks again!!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Clk 200k cabrio w209, Jeep Crand Cherokee 3.0 CRD, Smart For two
Originally Posted by darkus
Oh wow, this is such great news, you are a life saver!!

I do have a follow-up question. My problem is that my car is actually a Black Series CLK63, and the seats have all the controls mounted to the seat itself (not on the door or somewhere else as is the usual MBness). Does your W209 also have the seat controls on the seat itself.

I ask because if you have door mounted controls, then I probably wouldnt be able to adjust the seats once I put them in I guess. But hoping you have seat mounted controls

Thanks again!!
My friend, the W207 seats have the controls mounted to the seat. The seats I have put have electrical adjustments for the back and the bottom of the seat. The seat rail for backwards and forwards is manual. So the W207 seats have two versions. One semi-electrical and one full electrical. The seats have also side airbags. If you have back problems check also the orhtopedic one. I see that you own a BS so you can cover the back plastic trim of the seat with real carbon in order to much with the rest interior. Also the passenger occupancy seat sensor is not working with the W209 airbag modul. In order to solve this problem I order modul that turns the airbag light off. The only problem is that it tricks car's modul which think that the passenger seat is always occupied. So if there is an accident the passenger airbag will open.
Before you buy anything you can check at a store with used MB parts, how the seats are looking in your car and also test them on your car. It is very easy to take them out. Just unplug the connectors under the seat and unscrew four screws. If the result please you then you take them. Don't buy from internet because there may have some scraches on the leather that you can't see.

Last edited by gogos; 03-01-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM

C63BS
Originally Posted by gogos
My friend, the W207 seats have the controls mounted to the seat. The seats I have put have electrical adjustments for the back and the bottom of the seat. The seat rail for backwards and forwards is manual. So the W207 seats have two versions. One semi-electrical and one full electrical. The seats have also side airbags. If you have back problems check also the orhtopedic one. I see that you own a BS so you can cover the back plastic cover of the seat with real carbon in order to much with the rest interior. Also the passenger occupancy seat sensor is not working with the W209 airbag modul. In order to solve this problem I order modul that turns the airbag light off. The only problem is that it tricks car's modul which think that the passenger seat is always occupied. So if there is an accident the passenger airbag will open.
Before you buy anything you can check at a store with used MB parts who the seats are looking in your car and also test them on your car. It is very easy to take them out. Just unplug the connectors under the seat and unscrew four screws. If the result please you then you take them. Don't buy from internet because there may have some scraches on the leather that you can't see.

Thank you so much!! You made my day, my month, my year!! I am hoping they sell the semi electrical one here in the USA, as that is exactly what I need! Now I begin my hunt to find this seat.

Thanks again for your help, you really have been such a lifesaver as I have been in very serious back pain (due to the agressive shoulder bolsters which pinches my shoulders in too much on my car, but on your seats it looks alot more normal!)
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
Hey pal......whaddya going to do with those seats once you take them out ?

Do you live in So. Cal by any chance?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 PM

C63BS
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
Hey pal......whaddya going to do with those seats once you take them out ?

Do you live in So. Cal by any chance?

Sorry, wont be selling the stock seats At some point I would have to sell this car, and I doubt anyone would want the car with the seats from a W209