CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

top will not go down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
top will not go down

I have been reading the forum but can't find the answer. The top started to open (don't know if she let the switch go too soon or what) then it just would not finish going up and would not close. I pushed down on the bottom of the window to get it to latch back (hope that didn't screw it up) and it did latch. The windows go up and down as they should and the roll bars will go up and down with the button. When you hold up the open button it flashes slow. Malfunction ( I know that!!!). What can or should I do now???
Old 03-25-2014, 12:24 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
It's probably a bad microswitch that cause the top to stop operating. Forcing it could have broken something, but it's hard to know without looking at the system. I think the first step would be to pull the error codes from the soft top control unit. This might require a visit to the dealer, or at least a good indy with the proper diagnostic equipment.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK550
Probably won't help

This probably won't help but when I had the wiring at the interior overhead light unplugged ( I had the whole assembly out) the top would not work. I don't know if the control module lives up there.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:07 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I don't so, but I think there are microswitches in the windshield heard that may be wired into the OCP. Does it work with the OCP reinstalled?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK550
Originally Posted by Rudeney
I don't so, but I think there are microswitches in the windshield heard that may be wired into the OCP. Does it work with the OCP reinstalled?
Yes I just left it apart until I put the new mirror (With good microphone) in. Once all back together top worked. - also when windows do not work - top will not work. Not trying to hijack thread - just a couple of things that I found will prevent top from operating.