CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Key issue Battery Drain - car goes dead CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Key issue Battery Drain - car goes dead CLK

Hi All - have been having this issue for a while now in my 05 CLK
The battery seems absolutely perfect. But at times when the car is off and I try to turn on the car, i put the key inside and the whole system goes dead. There is zero power in the car. I wont be able to turn the key too. I will have to jump start the car and the whole system is reset.
Got it checked and was informed it was a faulty EIS which was causing the battery to "drain". I even got that changed. It was fine for a while but the problem came back again. I put my key in, till then there was power and when I tried turning it to start the car the car just went dead with no power. Can some one please explain me whats happening?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
The most common cause of this problem is parasitic draw. The seat modules and/or the HVAC sniffer fan in the onerhead console not going to sleep.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:30 AM

CLK 320
Thanks Glyn for your reply. I had it checked for a parasitic draw as well. They were not able to find any drain except for the drain from the EIS module which i replaced later. Could it be the anti-theft module ? my car once stalled while driving and the system went dead. this happened a year ago. after that it hasnt stalled so far thankfully !
Old 12-31-2014, 12:13 PM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by balacv
Thanks Glyn for your reply. I had it checked for a parasitic draw as well. They were not able to find any drain except for the drain from the EIS module which i replaced later. Could it be the anti-theft module ? my car once stalled while driving and the system went dead. this happened a year ago. after that it hasnt stalled so far thankfully !
I am having the exact same issue on the same model car. I had the dealer check it for a parasitic drain 12 months ago and nothing. Now I have another dead battery.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:02 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
The easiest way to find this is to put an ammeter on and then start pulling fuses to see which circuit is the culprit.