CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Hello! New Member here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2004 | 07:14 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
Smile Hello! New Member here!

Hello everyone! :p
Just wanted to say wassup to everyone in this forum. I have been reading in the forums for awhile and now registered so I can share my thoughts and questions with all of you.
I own a 2004 CLK 500 Silver exterior/ charcoal interior.
Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

BTW, I was wondering if any of you know of any companies such as Renntech, Brabus, Lorinser, etc that sells exhaust or intake systems that could increase the noise of my car. My brother owns a 2002 Corvette Z06 and he has an X-pipe, new exhaust system and that thing just blows my car away. I can hear his car from like 10 blocks away lol. I understand MBZ is a luxury car but I wanted to see if I could make the car more aggressive sounding. Of course not to the point of matching a Corvette but at least noisier than now. Also if anyone knows this, could you give me a price range of how much it would be? thanks very much!
Old 04-07-2004 | 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Hello! New Member here!

Originally posted by AznxKCBoy
Hello everyone! :p
Just wanted to say wassup to everyone in this forum. I have been reading in the forums for awhile and now registered so I can share my thoughts and questions with all of you.
I own a 2004 CLK 500 Silver exterior/ charcoal interior.
Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

BTW, I was wondering if any of you know of any companies such as Renntech, Brabus, Lorinser, etc that sells exhaust or intake systems that could increase the noise of my car. My brother owns a 2002 Corvette Z06 and he has an X-pipe, new exhaust system and that thing just blows my car away. I can hear his car from like 10 blocks away lol. I understand MBZ is a luxury car but I wanted to see if I could make the car more aggressive sounding. Of course not to the point of matching a Corvette but at least noisier than now. Also if anyone knows this, could you give me a price range of how much it would be? thanks very much!
welcome dude--you got a nice car--

check out this thread about the brabus exhaust,

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=65857
Old 04-07-2004 | 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most of the exhausts that you mentioned will not give you a louder sound. It will only give you a "deeper" sound. The first thing that you might want to do is to take out the resonator. It will sound louder instantly.

The only exhaust that you might want to consider is the Eisenmann exhaust. You can choose three levels of sound: sport, high or race.
Old 04-07-2004 | 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
How about RBtech, loud, Louder, Loudest...... But very loud in a good way. Very deep, makes your car sound like a supercharged V8..
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:34 AM

Hm..now i am debating whether i want a deeper sound or a louder sound. Any of you have changed your exhaust that gives you a louder sound or a deeper sound? I am still leaning towards the louder sound. I will try to find some info. about the companies you guys told me about. Hopefully there will be prices hehe.
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:36 AM

By the way, Harris in your reply you said something about taking off the resonator. Is that illegal? I am living in Bay area, CA and I know there are lots of rules and regulations about cars. I asked my brother about it and he said it is probably illegal hehehe.