CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What will you replace your CLK with when the time comes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Definitely was a lot of cost cutting in that era. One of my biggest gripe with these vehicles is no standard lumbar adjustment. Even just a manual adjustment would've been nice. I also wish the seat cushions were perforated. Not fun in the summertime as I imagine you can relate based on your location. Yeah I don't blame you. If I had a V6 variant of this vehicle I wouldn't have kept it this long, just a personal preference. The 550 fun factor is too valuable for me to sell versus what I would get for it on the market. Wow only 45k and it's an 05 55. If it's a coupe then that's one great vehicle you got there as I know the 05 55 coupes are highly desirable. I'd probably never let her go.
While the seats are very comfortable the lack of lumbar support is so very sad. It also doesn’t do so well every day living with it. Getting in and out is a pain. Rear seats are useless. Too many issues due to it being a C Class. The 2005 we have is a coupe and we will be holding that for many years to come as I feel the issues with the CLK are worth dealing with as the 55 AMG is a special car. You are willing to deal with silly issues on a car so special, but not when on a car not so special.
The following users liked this post:
gaazmon (07-22-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 10:31 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 C300 4 Matic
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
While the seats are very comfortable the lack of lumbar support is so very sad. It also doesn’t do so well every day living with it. Getting in and out is a pain. Rear seats are useless. Too many issues due to it being a C Class. The 2005 we have is a coupe and we will be holding that for many years to come as I feel the issues with the CLK are worth dealing with as the 55 AMG is a special car. You are willing to deal with silly issues on a car so special, but not when on a car not so special.
I guess that I don't understand the comments about the seats needing to be more comfortable. I always found my CLK seats to be among the best I have owned and for me, to be much preferable to much newer C and E class Mercedes - sedan or coupe seats .

After several CLKs, I'm now searching again for another one to go along with my 18 C300 4 Matic.
For me, what comes after your CLK is another CLK.
But, nice low mileage ones that have been well maintained are getting harder and harder to find.

YMMV.
The following users liked this post:
gaazmon (07-25-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by abqhudson
I guess that I don't understand the comments about the seats needing to be more comfortable. I always found my CLK seats to be among the best I have owned and for me, to be much preferable to much newer C and E class Mercedes - sedan or coupe seats .

After several CLKs, I'm now searching again for another one to go along with my 18 C300 4 Matic.
For me, what comes after your CLK is another CLK.
But, nice low mileage ones that have been well maintained are getting harder and harder to find.

YMMV.
For me, they are comfortable as far as side bolsters, cushioning, and other factors. I just wish it had an adjustment lumbar for the back, I think that would make a big difference.

Definitely getting harder to find. It's been one of my favorite cars ever owned.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:37 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
I replaced my 2008 CLK550 with a 2010 E550 coupe (same engine). I really like the upgraded aesthetic of the E550- it looks more modern than the CLK.
Old 07-26-2024, 05:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W209 CLK 240
Probably not a popular response but I'd love to go Japanese again

I've had a run of Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Subaru and there are some that I still need to tick off my list. Unfortunately over here 90s/00s Japanese cars are really picking up in value so that will just have to be a daydream for now. When I bought my CLK I was in the odd position that I bought a Mercedes because I couldn't afford one of the above...
Old 07-26-2024, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by nkx1
I replaced my 2008 CLK550 with a 2010 E550 coupe (same engine). I really like the upgraded aesthetic of the E550- it looks more modern than the CLK.
I think the E coupe's are great cars. It just wasn't for me for the previous reasons I stated. The TT V8's are monster engines so those would be really fun, but even back when I was looking, were really hard to come by. The updated tech is the biggest win obviously as the tech in the CLK is atrocious. My navigation doesn't work anymore since the DVD drive has failed, but was able to pull the disc out. I'm just thankful it has a turn screen off function while driving so I don't have that big blue screen glaring at me while driving at night lol.