CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What will you replace your CLK with when the time comes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 422 Likes on 348 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Definitely was a lot of cost cutting in that era. One of my biggest gripe with these vehicles is no standard lumbar adjustment. Even just a manual adjustment would've been nice. I also wish the seat cushions were perforated. Not fun in the summertime as I imagine you can relate based on your location. Yeah I don't blame you. If I had a V6 variant of this vehicle I wouldn't have kept it this long, just a personal preference. The 550 fun factor is too valuable for me to sell versus what I would get for it on the market. Wow only 45k and it's an 05 55. If it's a coupe then that's one great vehicle you got there as I know the 05 55 coupes are highly desirable. I'd probably never let her go.
While the seats are very comfortable the lack of lumbar support is so very sad. It also doesn’t do so well every day living with it. Getting in and out is a pain. Rear seats are useless. Too many issues due to it being a C Class. The 2005 we have is a coupe and we will be holding that for many years to come as I feel the issues with the CLK are worth dealing with as the 55 AMG is a special car. You are willing to deal with silly issues on a car so special, but not when on a car not so special.