CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

my CLK320 is now officially a piece of crap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2004 | 05:54 PM

piece of junk.well not really-just want people to think that.
my CLK320 is now officially a piece of crap

hey kids..

you guys are going to love this..
i have a 2004 CLK320 with 8000 miles that i bought new in NOV of 03..i drive the car about 3 times a week..heres the list of problems i've had so far...

1.driver side rear window does not go down..(2nd day i picked the car up new)
2.driver side seat and steering column failed at 5400 miles
3.rear bumper trim on the right side started to fall off
4.ignition/started failed (only would crank 70% of the time)
5.check engine light came on at 8K
6.pressure plate in the transmission went bad (cause the car to downshift very rough with a crunch sound)
7.cupholder does not come out
8.windshield wipers skip across the windshield

so what problems will happen in the future??
i should of bought a bmw 330ci as originally planned...

mike hong
Old 07-07-2004 | 06:15 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
omg maybe you bought a lemon, go to dealers quick and make em get you a new one! not new lemon lol!
Old 07-07-2004 | 07:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sory about all the issues in just 8000 miles. Add it to the list that JD Power has.
Old 07-08-2004 | 06:45 PM
Guest0001

You got a bad one. Tough luck. Lemon it and get another Benz.
Old 09-01-2004 | 06:01 AM

ML55
That happened to me before. I went to the dealership and said this: this is a benz, how come I am getting this when I have a benz (talk the talk)? I had faith when I bought this car that it would be incomparable in all ways to others, and I don't want to lose faith in MB, what are you going to do to help?
they will yada yada with you a bit, tell them u aint satisfied, tell them you want this to reach MBUSA and you want them to participate in finding the solution, they will yada yada or give you a good deal, if they dont, tell them you want all your money back! they will say that is impossible, tell them you are getting a lawyer in this...they will say even if you take us to court we won't pay you the money, they will start giving you offers, I hope, until you find a good one, if you don't, aim soooooo high that the offer they give you is reasonable for both parties, cuz the dealership is going to pay out its pocket and not MBUSA, sometimes MBUSA...and see what happens.
Old 09-01-2004 | 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Modeer
That happened to me before. I went to the dealership and said this: this is a benz, how come I am getting this when I have a benz (talk the talk)? I had faith when I bought this car that it would be incomparable in all ways to others, and I don't want to lose faith in MB, what are you going to do to help?
they will yada yada with you a bit, tell them u aint satisfied, tell them you want this to reach MBUSA and you want them to participate in finding the solution, they will yada yada or give you a good deal, if they dont, tell them you want all your money back! they will say that is impossible, tell them you are getting a lawyer in this...they will say even if you take us to court we won't pay you the money, they will start giving you offers, I hope, until you find a good one, if you don't, aim soooooo high that the offer they give you is reasonable for both parties, cuz the dealership is going to pay out its pocket and not MBUSA, sometimes MBUSA...and see what happens.
Wrong, it is up to the individual dealer to set their guidelines. The manufacturer refunds your money, not the indvidual dealer. Have you ever lemon-law'd a vehicle, a high end vehicle? I have. It isn't easy, and if you pass the first year mark, it isn't easy. Also, unless it is the same continuos problem, and you stay on top of the Manufacturer, not the dealer, you won't get anywhere. make sure you document everything and call the Manufacturer everyday. Get the name and number of your local district rep. They HAVE to give it to you. Hound them, EVERY day. This is why MB rank 26th in customer satisfaction. 26th!
Old 09-01-2004 | 02:53 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
keep all of those papers that you get when you bring your car to the dealership to fix the problem. Um..its the papers you get after getting the car back and the people give you a detailed explanation of the problems and what they did to fix it.
Old 02-25-2005 | 09:40 PM

Lemon-law it, and get yourself a Lexus SC430....