CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brake SQUEAK!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake SQUEAK!!!!

Many on here have had the brake squeak problem. I took my car in earlier this year and did something to the pads and rotors and the squeaking stopped.

I've since assigned my lease to a friend and in the last month the squeaking has come back and it is LOUDER THAN EVER. The car is completely embarassing to drive.

My friend took the car to the dealership and they said under the warranty the brakes are fine and that HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKES ARE SUPPOSED TO SQUEAK THAT LOUD! They of course would do nothing to solve the problem because according to them, these squeak is normal for "high performance brakes." I've driven next to many Porsches and Ferarris and I've never heard a brake squeak.

The squeak is so loud that one cannot drive with the windows down. It's too loud!

Has anyone heard of a solution to this problem or found a dealer who will admit to this??
Old 09-03-2004, 05:56 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
well...i had sqeaking problems with my brakes after like 4000 miles. And yes, it was pretty embarassing driving it around. I took it to the dealer, and my service person said they would replace it for me, free of charge. No squeaks now. Cant gurantee later tho ehhe.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:31 AM

2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
get AMG or Brabus braking system installed on your CLK (if they can do it)
Old 09-05-2004, 04:49 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
i would save money for Brembos
Old 09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Almost a Member!

I remember reading SO MANY posts regarding this complaint. Is there only 1 person on this board that had a happy ending to the story?

Old 09-07-2004, 12:42 PM

2003 CLK 320
You could put some more anti-squeal paste on, that's probably what they did as a temporary fix, most likely though your rotors are warped or the wheels are improperly torqued. My c32 brakes didn't squeak in the beginning but now they squeak a little when driving slow with a lot of pressure on the brakes (e.g. downhill) although most of the time they don't. I think it is because I drove around with improperly torqued wheels for a while, I was just being lazy, dohh....You can sort of hear it with the window up, really hear it with the window down, also this is with porterfield pads as in my sig
Old 09-07-2004, 03:01 PM

2005 CLK 500 coupe
Angry

Originally Posted by calboy
You could put some more anti-squeal paste on, that's probably what they did as a temporary fix, most likely though your rotors are warped or the wheels are improperly torqued. My c32 brakes didn't squeak in the beginning but now they squeak a little when driving slow with a lot of pressure on the brakes (e.g. downhill) although most of the time they don't. I think it is because I drove around with improperly torqued wheels for a while, I was just being lazy, dohh....You can sort of hear it with the window up, really hear it with the window down, also this is with porterfield pads as in my sig
I bought a 2004 CLK 500 in February, everyone said how great a car it was.....well after 5000 miles, steering pulls to right, dealer is jerking me off saying its a tire pressure issue, o.k. put the right amount of air in then, still pulls.

Horn blows when I hit the menu buttons, 3 weeks in Annapolis Mercedes-Benz (we have never seen anything like this before!)

brakes sqeek, Ahhhh there supposed too, but we cleaned them for you.(give me a break)

A/C blows hot, thats associated with the menu/horn blowing program?

Window sqeaks all over....M/B service ...no problem found? they still sqeak!

Fan sounds like a jet engine, cold or hot temps.

And now my temp controls have no read-out, completly blank.

I hate everything about this car, glad i kept my 350Z, 1/2 the price, and runs circles around this Chrysler piece of *****.

The longer i sit here the more pissed I get.Ohhh i forgot, the headliner is now falling down!
Old 09-11-2004, 10:21 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
Brake squeak is a problem, had my rotors and pads changed at +/- 5000 miles and it went away but now at 9500 miles I have a very very low speed squeak.

The W209's do not have the tank like build quality of the W208's ie just close the doors on both cars side to side and you can tell from in and out of the car which is better built.

My windows squeak against the door seals too.

My car still pulls to the right even after the bolt kit was installed.

My front tires are worn on the outer edges from (I believe) improper alignment specs from the factory...too much toe in.

My cooling fans sounds like ***** at full speed as well.

My A/C compressor has a buzzing noise to it that is clearly audible every time I pull into a garage or quiet area...dealer said it was normal...BS

This is my second and last 209, its not worth $60,000.00.

It rides very smooth, the power from the 5.0 is good but has that weed-whacker woosh/hiss sound when accelerating (they all do) and the car looks great with all 4 windows down but that's about it.

My "three pointed star" is made of tin.