CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Rafi Jooma's Newest Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sold.
Rafi Jooma's Newest Mods

A few months ago I started doing some cheap mods on my car here and there but I never posted pix cuz i was having trouble with my FTP. Finally I got a chance to fix the problems so I'm able to post up pix. Here they are:

AMG Door Pins and Custom Aluminum Door Pin Surrounds
The pins took FOREVER to install

White/Silver Carbon Fiber Interior.. Although it kinda defeats the purpose of Carbon Fiber since it just adds more weight (it's a cheap stick-on, but it's still real Carbon Fiber), it looks really nice

Mercedes Badge stickers... hopefully i'll move up to the real engraving soon

Body Colored Side Markers... Couldn't Find Clear Lenses so I had to cop these

Chrome Headlight Trim, which everyone has but I still think looks cool

Chrome Door Handle Protectors

Xact Mats... They're "laser-cut" to the size of our CLK Original Floor Mats.. You place them right on top of your originals... Expensive Investment ($60) but well worth it.

I get runny-noses often so I always keep a Kleenex box in my car. This is a pretty decent looking cover for it. I keep this in between the two rear seats, under the back seats arm-rest

Let me know what you guys think of this. Also any suggestions for future mods would be greatly appreciated. I'm only interested in aesthetics for now though so please don't post engine modification ideas. For the wheels I'm thinking to either Chrome them or Powder-Coat them. Still thinking about it though.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:30 PM

W208 55 & R170 230
the interior looks very nice! good job!

but., the side marker looks bad with the yellow come through it

consider taking off the light blub and put a 15 to 20 Watt ceremic resistor in it...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Nice job rafi.... looks really good..... get RID of those horrible chrome head light rings tho...so tacky!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:33 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by mtimmy
the interior looks very nice! good job!

but., the side marker looks bad with the yellow come through it

consider taking off the light blub and put a 15 to 20 Watt ceremic resistor in it...
Thanks for the compliment on the interior... It only cost me $279 shipped but took about 2.5 Hours to install.

I might actually try putting a Ceramic Resistor in the Side Markers. How much do resistors cost?
Old 06-11-2005, 07:36 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Nice job rafi.... looks really good..... get RID of those horrible chrome head light rings tho...so tacky!
LoL, thanks! The day I put the headlight rings on, I LOVED them and my brother hated them. A week later I got tired of them and brother started liking them... now i'm kinda indifferent about them but I might as well keep them on since I paid for them.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:02 AM

W208 55 & R170 230
those are only normal resistor that cost two dollars a pair.

putting the resistors in will trick the computer to think that the light blub is still there.. so that it will not throw a check light message for you

I am sorry I meant 5W drawing resistors not 15
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
how much and were did you get them Cf interior stick ons? looks good bro
Old 06-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
why get any sort of resister? just tie the bulb inside the bumper, it doesnt need to be stuck in the lens.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:21 AM

W208 55 & R170 230
because the light will sneak out from the wheel liner and openings of your bumper!.,

e.g. is turn on your bathroom light., close the door.,, turn off every lights at your home., and you will see the light from the door gap!...

Plus the light blub gives out a high amount of heat that will melt your bumper
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by mtimmy
because the light will sneak out from the wheel liner and openings of your bumper!.,

e.g. is turn on your bathroom light., close the door.,, turn off every lights at your home., and you will see the light from the door gap!...

Plus the light blub gives out a high amount of heat that will melt your bumper
i did it in my old C230 for 2 years, nothing ever melted and no light was seen at night. On the C55 i did the same, nothing is melted and i cant see any light shinning threw. although i dont have any fender gap in the front to even see.....
Old 06-14-2005, 07:39 AM

sold.
Originally Posted by xxbenzc230kxx
how much and were did you get them Cf interior stick ons? looks good bro
I paid $279 shipped for the interior. Go to www.directcartrim.com to see if it's available for your car. If it's not on their website you can call Omar or Maurice over there and they'll be able to help you. They negotiate too so don't pay regular price if you're interested in buying it for your car.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:05 AM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
why get any sort of resister? just tie the bulb inside the bumper, it doesnt need to be stuck in the lens.
The bulb would eventually go out, and you would get a check light message, also if some moisture gets on the bulb, it would shatter resulting in the same thing.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

great
Old 06-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Almost a Member!

03' CLK 55 AMG
Nice job on the interior Rafi with the c/f. Bet you won't see that in any other clk's...for now. The only thing I don't like about dash kits are that they sometime stick out, making it look like it didn't come like that when you bought the car from the showroom. Some of them looks flushed with your dashboard, some of them don't . Like for example, your ashtray cover, when it's closed it looks like a normal c/f ashtray, but when you open it, you can see two layers. You can see the ashtray and c/f cover making it look like your c/f was a stick-on. I'd like it to make it look "stock" as if I bought the c/f dashboard panels like that from the showroom. I don't know, but that's just my $0.02. But your c/f dashboard looks tight though.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 AM

sold.
Originally Posted by MR CLK 55 AMG
Nice job on the interior Rafi with the c/f. Bet you won't see that in any other clk's...for now. The only thing I don't like about dash kits are that they sometime stick out, making it look like it didn't come like that when you bought the car from the showroom. Some of them looks flushed with your dashboard, some of them don't . Like for example, your ashtray cover, when it's closed it looks like a normal c/f ashtray, but when you open it, you can see two layers. You can see the ashtray and c/f cover making it look like your c/f was a stick-on. I'd like it to make it look "stock" as if I bought the c/f dashboard panels like that from the showroom. I don't know, but that's just my $0.02. But your c/f dashboard looks tight though.
Ohh yah I totally agree w/ you. But I must admit that money was a factor. I could easily put out the money for the actual pieces but just the fact that I wouldn't get it back when I resale the car made me not want to do it. It would be too big of a hit.

To wrap my entire interior would cost about $1500. It looks just like stock pieces, but still defeats the purpose of CF b/c it still adds weight rather than lightening it.

RENNtech was selling the entire package for $3300. I'm sure I couldda negotiated down about 10% or so let's assume 3G'z. It looks great, and it actually has a purpose - to lighten weight of the interior. But if I spent that 3000 I wouldn't get it when I sell the car. I paid under 10% of that and it looks almost as good, it's just not as flush.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Almost a Member!

03' CLK 55 AMG
Hey Rafi, here's my car with the clear side bumpers. But I don't think you would want to get them because you already spent almost a bill on the ones you have on now. I got PIAA 19171 on them right now. Sorry for the ghetto pics.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Rafi - CF looks good!

Nice job on the interior Rafi with the c/f. Bet you won't see that in any other clk's...for now.
I have actually had CF for a while now and am waiting on a matching steering wheel to complete the set. Mine is a darker gray color - example pic below:

Old 06-23-2005, 09:56 AM

05 CLK 320
Hey Rafi, here's my car with the clear side bumpers. But I don't think you would want to get them because you already spent almost a bill on the ones you have on now. I got PIAA 19171 on them right now. Sorry for the ghetto pics.
looks really nice where did you get the clear lenses from ?, did you change your parking bulbs also or just the side lamps.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:19 PM

1998 honda civic lx
looks really good!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:14 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by Frisco
Rafi - CF looks good!

I have actually had CF for a while now and am waiting on a matching steering wheel to complete the set. Mine is a darker gray color - example pic below:

Yah I think I had PMed you before I bought mine. Yours is wrapped, right? I like yours better but it costs too much for me
Old 06-23-2005, 02:17 PM

sold.
I'm actually planning on purchasing the Clear Side Lenses. I'll just take the Body-Colored ones as a loss. I'll try selling them in classifieds

IF ANYONE WANTS BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC BODY-COLORED SIDE LENSES, PM ME! THEY WILL BE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS SOON!!!

Your 19171's seem to give off a yellow-ish color. Are you happy w/ them and how do they match your xenons?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Almost a Member!

03' CLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rafi Jooma
I'm actually planning on purchasing the Clear Side Lenses. I'll just take the Body-Colored ones as a loss. I'll try selling them in classifieds

IF ANYONE WANTS BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC BODY-COLORED SIDE LENSES, PM ME! THEY WILL BE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS SOON!!!

Your 19171's seem to give off a yellow-ish color. Are you happy w/ them and how do they match your xenons?
I took my 19171's off and decided to put them on my side bumper markers (for now). And I took the amber bulbs the one they supplied me with when I bought the markers and put them in my parking lights. That's why it's giving that yellowish color. But I'm going to replace them with 19171's. When you replace your parking lights with 19171, it'll look really sick. The PIAA's in my foglight matches the xenon headlights.

Oh yea got my side markers at autodynamic.com . BTW Rafi if you do decide to get them, remember to bend the metal clippings more. When I got them, they were bent but not bent enough. The reason why you have to bend it more is because it will not lock in place. Other than that, the side markers look like replicas of the OEM ones (besides the lens being clear out).
Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

02 C32
Carbon Fiber looks great, but like they said its the stick on version and it doesnt look that good over the original panel. Also to mention that stick on is hard to take off if you do want your old alluminum trim back.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:11 AM

'06 C350 4MATIC
Exclamation Load Resistors

Allied Electronics or DigiKey sells 5 watt resistors. Just pick the resistance you want.

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/All...x.asp?page=198

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/1073-1074.pdf
Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 AM
Almost a Member!

C320CDI, SLK200K, FZS600, Saxo 1.1i(!)
Originally Posted by Frisco
I have actually had CF for a while now and am waiting on a matching steering wheel to complete the set
hi Frisco - did u find a steering wheel to match?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rafi Jooma's Newest Mods