CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Best ECU tuning for a 2003 CLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 55 & R170 230
Give it a 100 to 200 miles drive., and see if it adapts to it.,

4000 to 5000., you should be at MAX psi by then
Old 06-30-2005, 01:40 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG
I just got my ECU reprogrammed last night by SpeedInnovation

So far the throttle response is improved there is less lag in the low RPM's.

Do I have to wait a few days so the computer get's accustomed to my driving

habits?

Last edited by otoupalik; 06-30-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Prohibited link removed for legal reasons
Old 06-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by SFBAYCLK55AMG
Do I have to wait a few days so the computer get's accustomed to my driving habits? Here is their website:
According to the guy that did mine, the ECU needs three complete [On -> Engine Hot -> Off -> Engine Cool] cycles for the full adaptation. I dunno, I thought it took a couple more.

Last edited by otoupalik; 06-30-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Prohibited link removed for legal reasons
Old 06-30-2005, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
So far the throttle response is improved there is less lag in the low RPM's.

Do I have to wait a few days so the computer get's accustomed to my driving

habits?
DAMN 1200.00

Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG
SpeedInnovation

I actually picked it up for less than half of that price. The guy that did mine is Jessie. He was one of the founders of Powerchip.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:52 PM

W208 55 & R170 230
sfbayclk55.,: where are you located in SF?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by BrabusW203
I recommend Speed Innovation, since the founder of the company is the person who started and programmed all of Powerchip's current software.
AGAIN - this is 100% false. This is an untruth spread by an individual looking to make money.

As an owner of this forum - I will NOT allow such lies to be spread. You enthusiasts will be harmed by such lies and misinformation.

I actually picked it up for less than half of that price. The guy that did mine is Jessie. He was one of the founders of Powerchip.
Let's just be VERY clear. Jesse was not a founder of Powerchip.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 06-30-2005, 03:08 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG
MTIMMY

I live in Concord, but work in Foster City about 15 miles south of San Francisco.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by mtimmy
AND SERIOUSLY!!!.. .any body know where can I get a custom software in Cali area.,?
We can do it with Powerchip on our dyno in Huntington Beach.

thanks,
Brad
Old 06-30-2005, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Thanks for the clarification Brad. I believe it was Wayne Bescanco who founded Powerchips Pty Ltd. What was Jesse's relationship if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
not sure how germane this is to the discussion, but Renntech did wonders on my CDI. I got 12% more torque and 10% more hp... all very noticeable. I timed (not scientific) 0-60 in 6.5 seconds (using an average of 3 runs). Not bad for a 4000lb sedan that gets 37mpg.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
very nice CDI.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
thanks Dan, not as nimble as your ride (not even close), but 37mph keeps my minister of finance happy
Old 06-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK55
Guys!!! I found the answer!! A no brainer turbo application. I can't believe this AMAZING deal and you can install this turbo with just a screwdriver!

http://www.turbonator.com/

It will be the BEST $70 spent!!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Founder

Here is a quote from Powerchip:

Software for Mercedes Benz:

- PIRACY WARNING -

Powerchip's software is protected by the copyright and unfair competition laws of the United States. Piratical copies of Powerchip's copyrighted software are being distributed by one or more unauthorized sellers.

Speedtuning and eurorev are not an authorized licensee, dealer or distributor of Powerchip's software.

Anyone who purchases these piratical copies of Powerchip's software is subject to court action where the court may order that the pirated software be impounded, delivered up and destroyed, and the court may award civil remedies, attorney's fees and costs, among other remedies authorized by law.
I think you can read between the lines here.

ALL links and references to the company that employs this individual will be removed from this thread and board. There is a serious legal issue at hand, and we cannot support what is going on, even indirectly.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-01-2005, 12:07 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG
Cool

Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by otoupalik

[size=2]

ALL links and references to the company that employs this individual will be removed from this thread and board. There is a serious legal issue at hand, and we cannot support what is going on, even indirectly.

Thanks,
Brad
Woah. Thanks for the link...had no idea. That is some serious ****! ! !
Old 07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Founder

Hey gang,

Here are two dyno's of 55 motors.

1. N/A e55, just ECU tune on CA91:

2. F/I G55, just ECU tune on CA91:

So you can see that Powerchip/evosport can give some very significant gains with just software.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 PM

So,
Technically speaking then, one can get the same identical software, and most probably even more gains, at nearly half the price if they went with Speed Innovation or EuroRev?

Interesting, sucks for powerchip but I guess good for everyone else including consumers.

Last edited by BrabusW203; 07-01-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

[size=2]

Thanks,
Brad
YEP! I've heard about this.The guy tried to steal the software from powerchip(former employee I think) I believe and started his own company.This guy that they're after ripped off my friend Mario(E55cent) ,he got absolutely no HP increase until he got a chip from powerchips.What a SOB.

PS nice dyno #'s

Last edited by ProjectC55; 07-01-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
YEP! I've heard about this.The guy tried to steal the software from powerchip(former employee I think) I believe and started his own company.This guy that they're after ripped off my friend Mario(E55cent) ,he got absolutely no HP increase until he got a chip from powerchips.What a SOB.

PS nice dyno #'s
WOW. That is impressive, you are VERY well informed. You were able to say some things that I technically cannot. Thank you.

Thanks for the compliments. The G is a menace now. Way too fast. And we are doing another 50+HP! LOVE IT!

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-01-2005, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by BrabusW203
So,
Technically speaking then, one can get the same identical software, and most probably even more gains, at nearly half the price if they went with Speed Innovation or EuroRev?

Interesting, sucks for powerchip but I guess good for everyone else including consumers.
Hey pple,
I just called Speed Innovation, they said they would love to dyno the same vehicles shown above but with their ECU tuning instead to compare against Powerchip. I seriously want to see who is telling the truth...this is disheartening to hear all this bad hype because my vehicle was recently tuned as well.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

The truth has been posted. I have personally been a party and witnessed what has gone down. It is very sad.

As for this quote:

I am going to rant for a second. How in the world is it good for anyone when products are stolen or copywrights are infringed is that a good thing??? These are illegal acts that work to tarnish this industry as a whole and in the long run drive prices up for goods by known and trusted manufacturers. The people that are innovating have less incentive as the ROI is destroyed by people who have ZERO investment in development and can therby undercut pricing. You may see a short-term gain for your single purchase, but each and every purchase works to harm the industry as a whole.

As an owner of this site, I have the unique ability to PROHIBIT ANY and ALL attempts to steal and copy other people's hard work.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM

The truth has been posted. I have personally been a party and witnessed what has gone down. It is very sad.

As for this quote:

I am going to rant for a second. How in the world is it good for anyone when products are stolen or copywrights are infringed is that a good thing??? These are illegal acts that work to tarnish this industry as a whole and in the long run drive prices up for goods by known and trusted manufacturers. The people that are innovating have less incentive as the ROI is destroyed by people who have ZERO investment in development and can therby undercut pricing. You may see a short-term gain for your single purchase, but each and every purchase works to harm the industry as a whole.

As an owner of this site, I have the unique ability to PROHIBIT ANY and ALL attempts to steal and copy other people's hard work.

Thanks,
Brad
Brad,
I'm not trying to promote them, I am just concerned about all this because my vehicle was recently ecu tuned. I just want the truth, but it's so hard to conclude who is telling the truth if the story is only told by 1 side. That's why I think a dyno would be the best and most unbias proof...I mean if what you claim to say is true, then the dynos should be pretty close/identical, but if it shows significantly more gains on their end vs powerchip, well then it's just evident that Powerchip cannot handle/resents competition in their field and is trying regain control one way or the other, when confronted with a competing and better software upgrade.

I have had my vehicle chipped by Powerchip, I will gladly provide you my vin + license plate number + receipt to verify via PM. I was VERY VERY disappointed with the Powerchip results, and my car was much more sluggish than stock. This was about a year ago, and my complaints and requests for a refund had gone unanswered. They claim that unless the ecu upgrade caused some form of malfunction or damage, they will not issue refunds! Talk about fine print!

And from what I've read much much earlier on in the past, Powerchip's own "unique" software was imitated/copied from GIAC and SuperChip to begin with! I've been in the modding world for so long now, I can't even keep track of all the nonsense.

And I meant better for the consumers, in the sense that competing companies have to lower their pricing across the board, to stay in contention. Why would they make their product EVEN MORE UNAFFORDABLE if fewer pple want to buy them...it would be a complete economical disaster for their company, that would only push more pple towards the cheaper/better company and put their own company into bankruptcy no? More variety of products = more options for us = cheaper/competitive pricing!

Last edited by BrabusW203; 07-01-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Founder

You seem to have a grudge here. You post untruths and information intended to discredit Powerchip. I smell a conection to the company you keep mentioning.

The dynos will not be close to identical. Powerchip has continued to develop ALL the tunes since the time this individual was employed. As such, the PC is a better product now then then. If someone wants a comparison, then they can purchas ethe two products and the dyno time. The test must be done on the same car, same day and with techs that know how to deal with adaptation issues.

As for your car, if that is all true, all I can say is this:

1. A lot has imporved in the last year (ironically, this is about the same time that one Jesse was at PC). The tunes have gotten many times better with development over the last year especially.

2. I don't beleive anything as you wanting to return with unanswered messages. Powerchip has a 30 day money back gurantee and any dealer will honor that - PERIOD! No offense, but this seems like a tale to try to tarnish a reputation.

As for the GIAC "facts" - LOL. Hearsay read on the Internet is far form reliable. But you have just opened yourself up to some legal issues with Powerchip, so I think you should carefully chose your words. Simply repeating something slanderous or liabelous is STILL slander and liabel.

LEST GET THIS STRAIGHT: Nearly ALL BMW and Mercedes tunes by powerchip have passed through our dyno facility and have been DEVELOPED! PERIOD!

As to your comments on competition, 100% agree. However, that is not what you stated. Theft of IP and products and selling at a discount due ot ZERO investment is very different. That is what is occuring here.

Thanks
Brad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best ECU tuning for a 2003 CLK55