CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Any info on Supersprint exhaust for 209 CLK55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Question Any info on Supersprint exhaust for 209 CLK55?

Supersprint's web-site has both their muffler and "center pipe" listed as being "available soon", but they've been saying that for a year and a day now. Obviously, Supersprint themselves would be the best source, but I've e-mailed them twice with no response as of yet. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything. At this point, I suspect that I'll get an Eisenmann, but I'm hoping that SS will get their bits out soon...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by AMG///Merc
Supersprint's web-site has both their muffler and "center pipe" listed as being "available soon", but they've been saying that for a year and a day now. Obviously, Supersprint themselves would be the best source, but I've e-mailed them twice with no response as of yet. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything. At this point, I suspect that I'll get an Eisenmann, but I'm hoping that SS will get their bits out soon...

Best regards,
Matt
I suggest giving them a call. I remember their catalog said that the dual oval tip exhaust I was looking into was "coming soon" but when I called they said it was available for order. Can't remember the number off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it was listed on www.supersprintna.com
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 PM

AMG
AMG exhaust to SS?

even Brabus doesn't touch the AMG exhaust system
Old 11-01-2005, 04:33 PM

03 CLK55
Arrow I'm not expecting ANY sort of power gain...

Originally Posted by AMG&AMG
AMG exhaust to SS?

I'm only considering it to personalize my car a bit more and to add a bit more sound. The stock exhaust sounds awesome imho, but I'd like it to be just a bit louder. If I'm to get the Eisenmann, I'd get the "sport" muffler as I imagine that the "race" muffler will be too loud. I just hope that there is a noticeable difference between the sport muffler and the stock exhaust...

I'm in agreement in that the stock AMG exhaust can't be improved much from the catalytic converters on back. Personally, I believe that there are gains to be found by replacing the stock exhaust manifold with a set of headers, but no one makes a reasonably priced header for the CLK55...

Best regards,
Matt

p.s.) You're probably right in that I should call, but I would also like to see some pics...
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Supersprint Center Resonator

I just installed the Supersprint Center Resonator on my W208 CLK55 about 2 weeks ago along with the Eisenmann Race muffler. It essentially replaced the entire system from the cats back. The sound is really nice. Not loud or obtrusive, but definitely more "ballsy" than stock. Much deeper with just a few more db. I went with the Eisenmann muffler mainly based on reputation and feedback on the various boards. Also because I liked the full polished stainless look as opposed to the black baked finish on the SS muffler with the chrome tips. Additionally, the muffler "can" on the SS system is significantly smaller than the big, curved can on the Eisenmann. I know that the "butt-dyno" is probably the least accurate apparatus in the automotive world, but, that being said, it feels to me like my CLK has noticably quicker throttle response with the new exhaust than it did before. I used to have to feed it quite a bit of foot, and then look out. Now she feels much more responsive from a dead stop and also feels more responsive on the freeway; i.e. more immediate kick down to a deeper cog when prodded. I also replaced my K&Ns with "Green" filters at the same time and I do have a Renntech CF air-box.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 AM

03 CLK55
Red face Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by PDC
I just installed the Supersprint Center Resonator on my W208 CLK55 about 2 weeks ago along with the Eisenmann Race muffler. It essentially replaced the entire system from the cats back. The sound is really nice. Not loud or obtrusive, but definitely more "ballsy" than stock. Much deeper with just a few more db. I went with the Eisenmann muffler mainly based on reputation and feedback on the various boards. Also because I liked the full polished stainless look as opposed to the black baked finish on the SS muffler with the chrome tips. Additionally, the muffler "can" on the SS system is significantly smaller than the big, curved can on the Eisenmann. I know that the "butt-dyno" is probably the least accurate apparatus in the automotive world, but, that being said, it feels to me like my CLK has noticably quicker throttle response with the new exhaust than it did before. I used to have to feed it quite a bit of foot, and then look out. Now she feels much more responsive from a dead stop and also feels more responsive on the freeway; i.e. more immediate kick down to a deeper cog when prodded. I also replaced my K&Ns with "Green" filters at the same time and I do have a Renntech CF air-box.

If the Supersprint muffler/exhaust isn't all stainless, that will seal the deal right there! I don't care for the baked black/,mild steel finish at all. I've noticed that some of SS systems are all stainless, and I was waiting to see, but if their center pipe will work with the Eisenmann muffler, that just may be the best of both worlds, so to speak. Anyway, thanks for the input!

Best regards,
Matt
Old 11-02-2005, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by AMG&AMG
AMG exhaust to SS?

brabus isnt an exhaust specialty company
they aint got **** on ss when it comes to exhaust... unless they out-source it from a specialty co. which i dont think they do

what do u guys think of straight piping? i dont care about how loud it would be
im thinking of putting a slr type exhaust on my car.... no mufflers though
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Superspirnt N/A

Here some info on Supersprint N/A, 903-581-1855 or 800-239-7232 Tyler Texas.
I already went through this and you will be limited on whats avalible . You have two good choices out here. #1 Is Kleemann & #2 is Carlsson
I chose the Carlsson , Sport rear silencer with 2 tips . part number 18-33-0170-E ,for a CLK 55 AMG List price $1475.00. It was stainless Steel . It fit & Finish was very good . You will have to cut the exhaust pipe off the OEM AMG muffler , but you may have too shorten their measurement by 1/2" , . The opening at the inlet on the Carlsson muffler is 3 1/4". Stock AMG S.S exhaust pipe is 3" . When the pipe is expanded to fit the muffler it will shorten a little . Do IT Slowly as so you don't crack the pipe . This gives a nice clean path for the exhaust to flow. Helps rid of unwanted Hisses, Whisles .
I did the install in my garage by myself , took the pipe to the Midus Muffler Shop , Flipped the installer a $20.00 ( TRY THEM LATE IN THE AFTERNOON they are usually slow) The exhaust tips would fit into the OEM rear bumper cover , but off center about 3/4 " . you can order a Rear skirt for a perfect finish. Carlsson can be had through Neil@ euroteck.com / Carlsson N/A 305-717-3133 www.carlssonAmerica.com
Oh yeah , The sound !! around town it turns it up alittle Just so you know it is there . Nice GT sound but not obnoxious. . At hwy speeds light throttle , Cruise control on ,anywhere between 55 to 75 mph. It is dead Quiet . or at lease Equal to the AMG muffler. ,BUT HAMMER down it with speak with authority . My K & N sound pessure meter increased from 77.6 DBs (stock AMG) too 79.5 DBs with the Carlsson Muffler . At Idle in gear ,windows up no air running AMG was 46 DBs , Carllson was 47.3 DBs.
Good luck , hope this helps ___PTE___
Old 11-02-2005, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Sound on the Eisenmann race on my 500 with no resonator if you don't check the w209 forum http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/n...torWOTrevs.WAV
Old 11-02-2005, 09:47 AM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Supersprint Eisenmann Install

Just wanted to let everybody reading this thread know that the Supersprint Center resonator was a direct bolt-on replacement for the factory AMG unit. Absolutely no fitment issues or quirks whatsoever. Similarly, the Eisenmann bolted directly to the Supersprint and lined up perfectly with the factory hangers. So, that tells me that (1) the Eisenmann is a direct bolt-on piece for a system with the factory resonator and (2) Supersprint did a VERY good job of manufacturing a center section that was dead-on length, diameter, and curve as the factory resonator, seeing as the Eisenmann fit easily as intended. I had mine installed at a very good custom exhaust shop and the tech let me hang out in the bay and watch the whole process. 45 minutes start to finish.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Exhaust 2003 CLK 5.5 AMG

Great Info. The 2003 & too midyear 04 CLK5.5 AMG Coupe (w-209) did not have a resonator in the exhaust pipe . It is a single exhaust system with a Y pipe & 2 cats for each bank ,up towards the motor . Then as it runs to the back to the junction , it goes to the single exhaust pipe at mid chassis . No resonator there . It may be different on a (w-209 Cabriolet) or a (w-208) than the pre 03 and earlier . No need to order a replacement pipe for the resonator if it is not there to start with . And you are right ,a good muffler shop can do it in 45 minutes . The Carlsson is all polished Stainless Steel can , has a hi quality exhaust coupling flange ,with polished allen head cap bolts .I just was doing the project in my home Garage .Wish I had taken pics. !!