CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Clk Vs M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by bradb1us
As a relatively unbiased observer, I must say that you're the one coming off as a ***** and an ******* (and an ignorant one at that).

Just drop it--you're wrong, everybody else is right.

The end.
Yea, Well who called you a liar?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:43 PM

W209 CLK55 AMG
And how am I wrong? I never stated the Z WAS faster, I simply said it felt faster to me. Thats my opinion. It's not like I never drove either car?!

If someone jumps on the forum and says they think a Yugo looks better than a Z06 corvette, yea, we're all going to disagree but thats their opinion. You don't call them a liar.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Okay....gonna have bust out the A to the M to the G rap!

Rappin' to Drop it Like It's Hot

[intro]
Chaaaaaaaaapp....
Chaaaaaaaaapp....

When the nitrous in the crib ma....
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
When the dirt try to get at ya....
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
And if a bimma gets an attitude....
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
I got the COMAND center on and I'm pourin Mobil 1
And I roll the 'Michi' tires cause I got it goin on

Uh! I'm a not a rice dude, with some rice dreams
See these AMG pipes, see these hot ma-chines
Multi-talented playa, garage full of benzos
I take me an SLR over an Enzo
The Maybach, painted in a tu-tone
I’m chillin’ in the back on da telly fone
I will relax you, this can be your day off
Go home early ma, that's how you get a laid-off
Won’t catch me to-day, u know my ponies don’t play
Wit the headers that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat
So don't try to run up on my crib, M3 blastin that raspy tone
Wanna make u gone
When my techs fill-da-NOS bimmas ain't gon pass me
You should think about it, take a second
Matter fact, you should take four B
And think before you try it wit lil A-M-G

When the nitrous in the crib ma
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
When the dirt try to get at ya
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
And if a bimma get an attitude
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot

I'm a driva, but y'all knew that
Da AMG stunta, yeah I had to do that
I keep a checkered flag hangin out my backside
But only on the left side, yeah that's the win side
Ain't no other way to play the game the way i play
I’ pavin so much you thought i was a drive-way
[scratches] "two!" - "one!" - "yep, DRIVE"
C-H-A double P to the Y
I can't fake it, I just brake it, and when I take it
See I specialize in makin all the BMWs spew hatred
So bring your friends, all of y'all come inside
We got world premiere right here, now get live!
So don't shift yo tranny, let the AMG burn it up a little
I got a 3-car garage wit da CLK in a middle
Fo shizzle, watin on delivery of da new S-clizzle
G55's to the bizzack, now homies here we gizzo

Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot

I'm a fast boy, wit a lotta wheelz
Drive my own cars, with seats a Nappa
By now, u know I’m no rappa, I'm my own Bo$$
Big Chapster, yea he's so strong
Playa…..got it goin on
If you tailgate me once, you're on a high beam
Oh, you got a bimma so you wanna hop back?
/////A.M.G. now fool, stop that!
C mid shoes, now I'm on the move
You're tires cryin, now you in the back
They can't see you, my xenons they blind you
Must I remind you I'm only here to OWN you
Beat you, pace you and race you
Then dance with yo pinkslip right in yo face
Climb in, the AMG playas ain’t playin’, I’m sayin’
Let us teach you before another AMG beat you!

Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Spray it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Wax it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot
Stomp it like it's hot

[outro]
Chaaaaaaaaapp....
Chaaaaaaaaapp....
Old 06-22-2006, 01:05 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
Originally Posted by bixby
And how am I wrong? I never stated the Z WAS faster, I simply said it felt faster to me. Thats my opinion. It's not like I never drove either car?!

If someone jumps on the forum and says they think a Yugo looks better than a Z06 corvette, yea, we're all going to disagree but thats their opinion. You don't call them a liar.
No, but I could call them delusional....lol.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM

W209 CLK55 AMG
No, but I could call them delusional....lol.
And I'd have to agree with you.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
The M3 FELT LIKE A DOG!!! to ME!!!
you just can't drive.

done.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM

W209 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by clkal
you just can't drive.

done.
LOL... You have no idea how wrong you are. I've done some formula series racing and held several track records in my day, so you can kiss my a$$. I'm pushing 50 but I'll bet I can out drive you! I'd even take my old 350Z against your M3 and still turn better (lap) times than you.

This forum is a complete waste of time. So yea, I'm done.....Done posting on this forum. You've completely proved my point. A$$ holes, nothing but a bunch of a$$ holes!!!

Last edited by bixby; 06-22-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
LOL... You have no idea how wrong you are. I've done some formula series racing and held several track records in my day, so you can kiss my a$$. I'm pushing 50 but I'll bet I can out drive you! I'd even take my old 350Z against your M3 and still turn better times than you.
you are pushing 50 years of age, yet you talk as if you are in grade school.... LOL.

i'm done with this thread. no sense in trying to talk some sense into some 3rd grade idiot.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
LOL... You have no idea how wrong you are. I've done some formula series racing and held several track records in my day, so you can kiss my a$$. I'm pushing 50 but I'll bet I can out drive you! I'd even take my old 350Z against your M3 and still turn better times than you.

This forum is a complete waste of time. So yea, I'm done.....Done posting on this forum. You've completely proved my point. A$$ holes, nothing but a bunch of a$$ holes!!!

Actually, this forum is full of really useful information. I wouldn't leave--just stop posting in this thread. The fact that what you claimed that "in your opinion", the M3 could be schooled by the 350z, is probably what you should hold off on saying--seeing how it's been disproven an infinite number of times.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Let the tard go. We dont need people that haven't driven the car talking crap about how "slow" they are. Yes an M3 will feel slow since it doesn't have all the TQ that the AMG has. But it has about the same amount of tq that the nissan has so they should feel. But when you add in the M3's higher HP lighter weight and more efficient drive train the M3 always wins. My guess to beat/ stay with a stock M3 in a 350Z you are going to need 350-360 hp at the engine. Not only do you have to make up for the P/W ratio but you also have to factor in the 350z's drive train.

But again let the tard go. He is clearly full of crap and is only making more of a crap pile for himself.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:09 PM

W209 CLK55 AMG
Actually, this forum is full of really useful information. I wouldn't leave--just stop posting in this thread. The fact that what you claimed that "in your opinion", the M3 could be schooled by the 350z, is probably what you should hold off on saying--seeing how it's been disproven an infinite number of times.
I know I'm wasting my time, but I never actually said "the M3 could be schooled by the 350z". In fact I clearly stated that I was well aware of the performance stats when I went to buy the M3 which is why I was going to buying the M3 to begin with. I even stated how much I love the car and how badly I wanted to own one.

Re-read (or read to begin with) my posts. All I did was state my opinion on how the M3 felt and the fact I hated the long throw (granny) shifter. All I'm doing now is defending myself from being attacked and insulted for stating an opinion based on my driving experience. So yes, I've thrown some insults back.

Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Let the tard go. We dont need people that haven't driven the car talking crap about how "slow" they are. Yes an M3 will feel slow since it doesn't have all the TQ that the AMG has. But it has about the same amount of tq that the nissan has so they should feel. But when you add in the M3's higher HP lighter weight and more efficient drive train the M3 always wins. My guess to beat/ stay with a stock M3 in a 350Z you are going to need 350-360 hp at the engine. Not only do you have to make up for the P/W ratio but you also have to factor in the 350z's drive train.

But again let the tard go. He is clearly full of crap and is only making more of a crap pile for himself.
Yet another insult.

Great way to welcome a new member to the forum guys.

Thanks, appreciate the hospitality.

Last edited by bixby; 06-22-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
you keep on saying "read my post...blah blah blah..."

OKAY, fine....here is what you wrote in one of your first posts VERBATIM : "Don't get me wrong I love the M3 and actually went to the BMW dealership specifically to purchase the 06. After driving it I just couldn't make myself give up that much performance. The 350Z at nearly half the price was superior in handling, quickness and much, much better throttle response. Not to mention the short throw compared to the "granny" shifter in the BMW."

This is coming from a "semi-professional, track-record holding, supposed , 50-year old, race-car driver????"

BOTTOM LINE: you must not know how to drive.

I just can't believe how dumb one can be. I guess you just don't read your own posts...but you tell everybody else to read what you wrote.

NO MORE. I'M 100% done w/ this thread.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I know I'm wasting my time, but I never actually said "the M3 could be schooled by the 350z". In fact I clearly stated that I was well aware of the performance stats when I went to buy the M3 which is why I was going to buying the M3 to begin with. I even stated how much I love the car and how badly I wanted to own one.

Re-read (or read to begin with) my posts. All I did was state my opinion on how the M3 felt and the fact I hated the long throw (granny) shifter. All I'm doing now is defending myself from being attacked and insulted for stating an opinion based on my driving experience. So yes, I've thrown some insults back.

Yet another insult.

Great way to welcome a new member to the forum guys.

Thanks, appreciate the hospitality.
No problem we enjoyed your entertainment.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I just test drove an 06 M3 before purchasing my CLK 55. The thing is a complete dog. It has 36 more horse than the 350Z I sold and performed like it had 50 less!!

Don't get me wrong I love the M3 and actually went to the BMW dealership specifically to purchase the 06. After driving it I just couldn't make myself give up that much performance. The 350Z at nearly half the price was superior in handling, quickness and much, much better throttle response

Again, don't get me wrong. My plan was to buy the M3. I drove straight to the BMW dealership to do so. But I stepped right out of the 350 into the 06 M3 and there is no way it's a better sports car. A bit better breaking but thats about it. No way is it faster.

You guys are funny. You're right, the CLK 55 AMG will walk all over a 350 Z even off the line. Just not the M3 not even above 40 mph. The G35 coupe has the same motor as the 350Z but has a lower horse power rating and is also heavier.

I drove my 350Z for 3 years, every day. I showed the M3 no mercy when doing my test drive and I'm sorry, it didn't even come close performance wise except in the handling department.
These are quoted directly from the first several posts you wrote. Later, it was pointed out to you by 355Spider that the M3 is by far faster in acceleration tests, and only then did you change your argument from "it IS faster" to "it FELT LIKE it was faster".

But there's no doubt that up until this point, in your first several posts, you were claiming that the 350Z ***IS*** a faster, better-handling car than the M3.

And you were wrong.

And people corrected you.

And you responded by changing your argument, and then calling them names when they pointed out, correctly, that you were wrong. And now you complain about insults???

Well, sorry, but you'll find sympathy in the dictionary, between **** and syphallis, my friend...because you are the one who started slinging mud in the first place. If you're going to start making factually incorrect claims on Internet websites, don't be surprised if you get called out. Most of us aren't huge fans of the M3, but we know enough about them to know they're not slower than a 350Z.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-23-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:50 AM

W209 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by clkal
you keep on saying "read my post...blah blah blah..."

OKAY, fine....here is what you wrote in one of your first posts VERBATIM : "Don't get me wrong I love the M3 and actually went to the BMW dealership specifically to purchase the 06. After driving it I just couldn't make myself give up that much performance. The 350Z at nearly half the price was superior in handling, quickness and much, much better throttle response. Not to mention the short throw compared to the "granny" shifter in the BMW."

This is coming from a "semi-professional, track-record holding, supposed , 50-year old, race-car driver????"

BOTTOM LINE: you must not know how to drive.

I just can't believe how dumb one can be. I guess you just don't read your own posts...but you tell everybody else to read what you wrote.

NO MORE. I'M 100% done w/ this thread.
So I had a 1 word "typo" by saying was instead of felt? I corrected that in later posts, yet continued to get flamed and insulted?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:03 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
So I had a 1 word "typo" by saying was instead of felt? I corrected that in later posts, yet continued to get flamed and insulted?

You really should stop posting in this thread, chief. You dug yourself a hole that you won't be able to climb out of. The last two posters have owned you pretty hard.....

Go enjoy your car (like I've been enjoying mine) and start over....nobody is personally attacking you--but you've sounded pretty ignorant in this thread. I had you pegged as a 17 year old before you stated you were almost 50.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:20 PM

2002M3
Originally Posted by Improviz
Most of us aren't huge fans of the M3

I am... I am...
Old 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
Originally Posted by vivianlove
I am... I am...
As am I....
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I didn't know 333 minus 280 = 36. plus comparing 350z handling to M3 is great, but comparing straight out power is retarded.

also I didn't know an M3 should be launch at 2500rpm and that's definitely a Brabus something CLK vert.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-29-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Chappy, you're a genius!

I raced an M3 with my CLK500. Although I was able to keep up on the parkway, the M3 definitely had the advantage, especially when the road started to turn. At 130mph, the M3 was stickin to the turns. I felt like I was pushing my car to the extreme limits.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Chappy, you're a genius!
What did I do to deserve this?

130mph on the street? Your stones are much bigger than mine!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
You're a lyrical mastermind, you even used the same type of lyrics but related them to cars. Lol...

And yeah, I have no problem hitting 130, but this was on the Major Deegan (i87) and there were cars everwhere and the road was turning, so thats when it got pretty dangerous, not to mention that it was a miracle that the 5-0 didn't nail me. The guy with the M3's (he now owns an E55 and occassionally posts on these forums) rear tire treads were starting to come apart so thats why we stopped running. Very dangerous and very stupid, but its experiences like that which make you enjoy life (and german cars) even more.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 PM

2002M3
FrankW/Chappy/Improviz

Do you guys still remember the guy who sold us/me the CLK spoiler? Is he still around or active??? I'm interested in few things I wanted to buy from him and I can't seem to find him. What I recall he's Asian and located in Vancouver Canada, I believe.

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-29-2006, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by vivianlove
Do you guys still remember the guy who sold us/me the CLK spoiler? Is he still around or active??? I'm interested in few things I wanted to buy from him and I can't seem to find him. What I recall he's Asian and located in Vancouver Canada, I believe.

Thanks in advance...
Whut 'chu talkin' 'bout H-a-r-r-i-s??
Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 PM

2002M3
Originally Posted by Chappy
Whut 'chu talkin' 'bout H-a-r-r-i-s??
Yeah, him... something wrong with him???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clk Vs M3