CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

New Kleemann S/C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
New Kleemann S/C

Has anyone experienced Kleemann's new low boost(0.3bar) charger?
If you have any info, please let me know.
I am really thinking of buying one soon.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never heard of this s/c. Is this for a V6 or V8 application and do you have any link on this?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:42 PM

I saw this news last year and I think the product must be out by now.
This is from the kleemann's site. The price is also announced, I think.

Product update - KLEEMANN introduces the Low Boost Kompressor

Since its introduction, the KLEEMANN Kompressor System has been regarded as the most efficient tuning solution for Mercedes-Benz available on the market. It has proven to be both reliable and very durable. The patented Kompressor System, with its integrated intercooler and manifold, has over the years become a synonymous with the KLEEMANN brand. Now KLEEMANN introduces a new version of the Kompressor System: The KLEEMANN Low Boost Kompressor. The new system is based on the existing Kompressor System but is reconfigured in three key areas:

1.The integrated intercooler has been removed.
2. Boost has been reduced.
3. Fuel injectors replace the pressure regulator system.

Reduced boost - reduced price.
The objective of being able to offer a Kompressor System at a significantly lower price than the existing system has been obtained with the Low Boost system. Boost pressure has been reduced from 0,45 bar to 0,30 bar. Omission of the intercooler the system and simplifying the fuel system allows for an approximate 25% reduction in the retail price.

The Low Boost Kompressor is now available for the 3,2 litre V6 (M112) engine and under development for the rest of the V6 engine programme. Even with the lower boost and intercooler omission an engine equipped with the Low Boost Kompressor System will never lack power. With no further modifications power out put from the V6 engine is 280 Hp @ 6000 rpm and the maximum level of torque is 360 Nm (266 lb-ft) @ 2000 rpm.

Prepared for more - future upgrades.
The Low Boost Kompressor system can be upgraded with the intercooler system at a later date, giving customers flexibility. Larger fuel injectors will be fitted and the boost can be increased for the full 331 Hp @ 6000 rpm and 441 Nm (326 lb-ft) of torque @ 2000 rpm.

V8 version available later this year
By late fall 2005 a V8 version of the Low Boost Kompressor system will be introduced to the market, first to be seen on the 5.0 litre V8.

Seems like a good product and I've always wanted the intercooler to be seperate from the S/C unit for a possible additional upgrade(maybe compatible with evo cooling package once the intercooler is installed?)
What do you think?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I saw this low boost S/C on the Kleemann site. From what they said last year it should be available now for the M113 V8 engine .. but Kleemann is not making any more noise about it.

One reason might be the relatively low power output of this set up -- looking at the V6 figures there is only about a third of the power of the full blown (pun intended) intercooler setup even though 2/3 of the boost is said to remain. To me that indicates the most interesting Kleemann technology is the intercooler itself.

Still, the low boost approach has it advantages. Lower cost obviously is one. Lower weight is another. And with the factory fuel injection system still in place, perhaps easier maintenance down the road. Plus there would be less stress on the tranmission, differential, etc.

Sometimes I think the full blown Kleemann set up is overkill. It makes the car stupid fast, by which I mean more power in many situations than the chassis can handle. You are paying a lot of money to make your traction control triangle blink and cut out the throttle. Stupid. Or you turn T/C off and watch your tires go up in smoke. More fun, but also stupid (unless your last name happens to be Michelin).

After getting LSD and bigger rubber on the rear axle -- which should be the first priority -- I figure the 208 usefully can benefit from about another 100 horsepower. The full blown Kleemann adds 200 horsepower. Sure, more power is always better, but the returns diminish. Motortrend did a test last month of a twin turbo Viper that had 1100 hp -- 600 more than stock. Witout putting on drag radials this $175K monster could only reduce the 1/4 mile time by 0.3 seconds vs. stock.

Now that's stupid fast.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:43 PM

So you think this system is not available anymore? That's a shame.
I was waiting for this product for so long and was expecting to get them soon. I really liked their ideas and wanted to install it in my car. True, the current S/C makes almost additional 200bhp but I don't need that much hp right now. I really wanna know if this product is out or not. I better email Kleemann directly since no one seems to have gotten their hands on it yet.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by JLee81
So you think this system is not available anymore? That's a shame.
I was waiting for this product for so long and was expecting to get them soon. I really liked their ideas and wanted to install it in my car. True, the current S/C makes almost additional 200bhp but I don't need that much hp right now. I really wanna know if this product is out or not. I better email Kleemann directly since no one seems to have gotten their hands on it yet.

............I am somewhat familiar with this.........indirectly. The low boost s/c was to come without an intercooler and was to offer an a la carte style menu to prospective customers. If one wanted more, then you buy more stuff. I don't think it was ever abandoned. It may actually come in handy with the NA E63 and E550 with the torque limited 7 speed tranny. As usual, ignore our banter and contact Kleemann directly.

Ted
Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Mercedes-Benz
Contact Kleemann. I inquired about it awhile back. It IS available. Last I heard, they had one in stock ready to go.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by aintME
Contact Kleemann. I inquired about it awhile back. It IS available. Last I heard, they had one in stock ready to go.
Perfect!! Thanks for the info. I will contact Kleemann.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Perfect!! Thanks for the info. I will contact Kleemann.

Jae,

Thought you were going the N/A route with your car? I guess that thought process is out the door huh? Welcome to the Kompressor world my friend!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:23 PM

My N/A Tuning has hit the limit for now unless I bore up the engine.
Boring up my engine would be ideal for me but it would be almost impossible to
get the maintanance done here in Korea, also it is very very expensive. I think only Brabus does it. I guess I get to have another S/C car soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
JLee, let us know once you hear something from Kleeman. This has just peaked my interest into turning another NA car to FI. On a sidenote, what kind of power are you making with your current NA setup?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:39 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
My N/A Tuning has hit the limit for now unless I bore up the engine.
Boring up my engine would be ideal for me but it would be almost impossible to
get the maintanance done here in Korea, also it is very very expensive. I think only Brabus does it. I guess I get to have another S/C car soon.
MKB also proposes to bore out the M113 engine, taiking it from 5 or 5.5 liters up to 6.0. Along with cams, headers, new exhaust system, intake tweaking and the ECU MKB claims 430 horsepower for this set up.

You are right: it is very very expensive. Looks to be nearly double what Kleemann gets.

I like N/A, but it's hard to justify.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 AM

2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
I contacted COry about this low boost S/C and if I am not mistaken he said that this product was not going to be offered for the "old" 5.5 V8 type AMG engines.

Thus, I finally bought the "regular" Kleemann S/C and its going into my car next MONDAY!!!! Woooopy! That will be it for me as far as mods for my car. With the LSD, ECU, Headers, and now S/C I think I should not complain for a while about power, or lack of.

Kleemann USA continues to amaze me with their customer support/service, if you go with a S/C then I can't see going anywhere else. Cory is always there fo r me when I need questions/concerns answered.

I will give you details later.

L.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by Learso
I contacted COry about this low boost S/C and if I am not mistaken he said that this product was not going to be offered for the "old" 5.5 V8 type AMG engines.

Thus, I finally bought the "regular" Kleemann S/C and its going into my car next MONDAY!!!! Woooopy! That will be it for me as far as mods for my car. With the LSD, ECU, Headers, and now S/C I think I should not complain for a while about power, or lack of.

Kleemann USA continues to amaze me with their customer support/service, if you go with a S/C then I can't see going anywhere else. Cory is always there fo r me when I need questions/concerns answered.

I will give you details later.

L.
Hey Learso,

Bunch of us AMG owners might get together sometime next week in boston to chill...let us know if ur interested..it would be nice to see your beast in person!

Christian
Old 06-13-2006, 11:46 AM

L.
Someone says that it is available and someone says not. I guess I will have to contact them Kleemann to get the newest information. I believe that the regular version of S/C is more cost effective than the new one is. I will check up on this soon. Congrats on your W208 S8. It must be a crazy machine.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:35 PM

2005 CLK55
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Hey Learso,

Bunch of us AMG owners might get together sometime next week in boston to chill...let us know if ur interested..it would be nice to see your beast in person!

Christian
Christian, this sounds like fun. I recently move to Winchester, MA so it should be fun to meet couple other amg owners.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 PM

2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
Ya guys, I am in for the round up in Boston anytime...just say when and where and I am there. The car will be at KTR getting Supercharged on the Monday the 19th and that should take about 3 to 4 days tops.

PM me if you need contact info.

It would be nice to get together and car talk.

Learso

PS: I was at the gym today and saw a very nice SLK55 with Kleemann emblems, I will ask to see who it belongs to and invite him if you guys are okay with that. His car looked very hot.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
Was it a silver SLK55 with Black Center - HRE wheels?

I know the owner, that's a nice nice car! I love the sound of the exhaust too!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!

Thus, I finally bought the "regular" Kleemann S/C and its going into my car next MONDAY!!!! Woooopy! That will be it for me as far as mods for my car. With the LSD, ECU, Headers, and now S/C I think I should not complain for a while about power, or lack of.L.
Once you get the s/c make sure you "break" it in. Drive the car for at least a couple hundred miles. You won't get that instant kick right away. Congrats!
Congrats on your W208 S8. It must be a crazy machine.
Actually it's S7 not S8. He doesn't have the cams.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Yes, actually it was a silver SLK55 with HRE wheels. Looks great. I got his number from the car wash guy at in the Parking at the Ritz Towers as we both were there getting our cars detailed. Last night called him to tell him about the AMG meet. That car is definately well done though, very tight.

What I did not tell you about my Kleemann S/C is that I got it from a guy on the SL forum who had it in his SL and was selling it. Let's just say I saved a bundle. I guess these things are bullet proof and as Cory is helping out with the extras needed to get it like new in my car...it is now destined for my car. :-)

L.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:41 AM

2005 CLK55
Monday I met a guy in Burlington Mall, who had a C32. I think that is the 3rd AMG I have seen around Boston since last summer.

A week ago I saw a black cabrio CLK55, driven by a very nice lookin' lady around Chestnuthill.

I wonder any of them are on the board.

Learso, any plans for a new bike?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:56 PM

Scrapes,

No more bikes in my future...at least for the time being. As you know Boston is not the best place to driver and when I do drive I drive way too fast, regardless of what I am driving or where I am going. Plus, now I am married with a little daughter and that makes me reluctant to increase my already high risk on the road that much more. When I had my Ducati I never had an accident but I could see that it would only be a matter of time. Too bad, I love the sensation of riding a Ducati with Termignoni Pipes at full throttle...its the best!

Here are some pics of my old bike...
Attached Thumbnails New Kleemann S/C-vienna-venice03-031.jpg   New Kleemann S/C-vienna-venice03-028.jpg  

Last edited by Learso; 06-14-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I called Kleenmann in Denmark today. The sales rep told me the low boost system IS NOT available for the 55 CLK. He did not make it sound like that was going to change.

This makes it an 0 for 2 week for me on sourcing 100 or so extra horse power in order to keep Engelboot from being embarrased when she meets a 63. I called Carlsson in Germany to inquiry about their Wankel/Japanese clutch driven "vacuum" S/C, a gizmo which can do wonders to the SLK 55 (480 horsepower, yet *****cat discrete when you want it that way ... and better gas mileage than a screw type s/c). It also IS NOT available for the 208. Apparently Carlsson is too damn lazy to engineer the intercooler radiator and the software -- except on a blow-the-budget-sky-high pure custom basis.
However the Carlsson S/C IS available for the 209 55 CLK. Have any 209 owners tried it?

Naturally aspirated bore out jobs from MKB (6.0 litres) or Brabus (6.1 litres) fall a bit shy of the HP target: the're said to generate 430 and 426 HP respectively. But what these solutions really fall short on is practicality, since they retail for over thirty thousand euros -- more than double the price of the full boost Kleemann product!

Maybe I should just go with Kleemann full boost and err on the side of more than 100 HP ?

What other solutions should I be considering?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM

It may not be available for W208 but it is available for W209 CLK500 and 55.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:30 AM

Yes JLee, I think that is correct...for the new motors it is available. As far as S/C is concerned, go with Kleemann. Just on HP gains and customer support alone!

Last edited by Learso; 06-23-2006 at 10:34 AM.