CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Took a while... but I finally got it!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Took a while... but I finally got it!!

Well, some of you may remember this thread where I asked where/how you guys got your CLK55's from, because I was having trouble finding one:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=buy+CLK55

So I go on autotrader friday (every day I checked) afternoon and I see a newly listed Brilliant Silver CLK55 5 miles from me. I go check it out, and the dealer tells me they just got it Thursday afternoon. I look over the car and I actually like the Silver much more than I liked it in the pics I saw. Black was my number 1 choice with silver as second. This one only had 12,000 miles. The car looks incredibly good, the miles are low, and the deal was great. So I came back saturday morning and did all the paper work. I bought it from the Mercedes dealership, so I got a certified extended warranty 1 additional year and up to 100k miles.

The car came with 18" Lorinser RS6 wheels, but I already ordered 19" iForged Classic wheels from the D2 Autosports GB two months ago. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, perfect timing! I'm not sure if I should sell the Lorinser's or if I should keep them as track rims. I also already bought a CF front lip from Euroteck Motorsports a month ago when they had them in stock.

Pics will come as soon as I get the car. Its still at the dealership right now, where they will fully detail the car inside and out, and they need to finish the certification for the certified warranty, even though they already gave me the warranty. I should pick it up later this week when I get back to town, can't wait!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride
Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
What year is the car? What options did it come with? How much out the door?
Congrats man!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Awesome how everything came together for you - your persistence paid off.

Congrats and enjoy your ride!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 AM

Congrats! Like was mentioned before, you forgot to mention the year, options...heck even the color of the interior.

I'm happy for ya. Now, lower it (like I did for my wife's car) after adding those 19s. j/k. Enjoy and looking forward to the pics.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Thanks guys. Here are the details that some of you asked about.

Its 2003 with 12,000 miles. Interior is black leather with aluminum trim (just the way I like it... not really feeling the wood trim). It did not come with Nav, which is exactly how I wanted it. I already have a Kenwood DDX 7015 headunit with Navigation, so I really didn't want to have to rip out the stock nav if it came with the car. It didn't come with keyless go, which I don't mind, since I'm planning on getting a alarm system with remote start. It came with all the other available options. As mentioned before, it did come with 18" Lorinser RS6 wheels, but they will be replaced with 19" IForged Classic that just got in today:

As soon as I get a chance, I will be installing the following:
IForged Classic wheels, Euroteck Carbon Fiber front lip, clear side markers, Kenwood DDX7015 Headunit, 2 JL 10W6 subs, JL Audio 500/1 amp. I am going to custom make my own sound system. I will be getting the green air filters and evosport pulley soon. I am looking for a set of coilovers right now, debating between KW and Bilstein. I'm also thinking of getting a roof spoiler. I'm checking out the current exhausts that are out, but I think I will most likely go with a custom dual exhaust (true dual, and 2 tips on each side), test pipes, and headers.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by Jaki
Thanks guys. Here are the details that some of you asked about.

Its 2003 with 12,000 miles. Interior is black leather with aluminum trim (just the way I like it... not really feeling the wood trim). It did not come with Nav, which is exactly how I wanted it. I already have a Kenwood DDX 7015 headunit with Navigation, so I really didn't want to have to rip out the stock nav if it came with the car. It didn't come with keyless go, which I don't mind, since I'm planning on getting a alarm system with remote start. It came with all the other available options. As mentioned before, it did come with 18" Lorinser RS6 wheels, but they will be replaced with 19" IForged Classic that just got in today:

As soon as I get a chance, I will be installing the following:
IForged Classic wheels, Euroteck Carbon Fiber front lip, clear side markers, Kenwood DDX7015 Headunit, 2 JL 10W6 subs, JL Audio 500/1 amp. I am going to custom make my own sound system. I will be getting the green air filters and evosport pulley soon. I am looking for a set of coilovers right now, debating between KW and Bilstein. I'm also thinking of getting a roof spoiler. I'm checking out the current exhausts that are out, but I think I will most likely go with a custom dual exhaust (true dual, and 2 tips on each side), test pipes, and headers.
Holy sh*t... Your car is already more heavily modded than most of the other members and you don't even own it!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:00 PM

E55 AMG + Mustang GT
Well, just got back to town and picked it up from the dealer. This is the way it came straight from the dealer. All the mods that I have waiting will be installed over the next 2-3 weeks.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
How about retro fit Bi-Xenons?