CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Quad Exhaust solved my CEL problem!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Quad Exhaust solved my CEL problem!!!

Ever since I had Kleemann headers on my W209 CLK55, I had the O2 sensor warning coming on after I give it a little spirited run. P141, P161 were shown on the OBD2 reader. Even had a talk with Kleemann HQ in Denmark to solve the problem. They offered to erase a part in ECU where it detects secondary O2 sensors' activities but I just thought that it does not solve the root of my car's malfunction.

I did everything that people and kleemann told me until someone on this forum added a sport cat and moved sec. O2 sensors to behind of new catalytic converters. He said that solved the problem but I just simply did not have time to put the car in the shop and wait until it gets done. So I think I have been erasing the CEL like more than 1000 times with my OBD2 reader.

After I installed 63 AMG exhaust system which came with resonator unlike Dual Exhaust pipe my car had originally, The CEL light never came back. I had placed the sec. O2 sensors behind the sec. cats as Kleemann told me and the distance was too far that O2 sensors did not get the operating temperature soon enough that it triggered the CEL light. Now that I have resonator right behind, I think it creates some back pressure and helps the rear O2 sensors heat up quicker than before.

just wanted to share that I am free from using OBD2 reader.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by JLee81
Ever since I had Kleemann headers on my W209 CLK55, I had the O2 sensor warning coming on after I give it a little spirited run. P141, P161 were shown on the OBD2 reader. Even had a talk with Kleemann HQ in Denmark to solve the problem. They offered to erase a part in ECU where it detects secondary O2 sensors' activities but I just thought that it does not solve the root of my car's malfunction.

I did everything that people and kleemann told me until someone on this forum added a sport cat and moved sec. O2 sensors to behind of new catalytic converters. He said that solved the problem but I just simply did not have time to put the car in the shop and wait until it gets done. So I think I have been erasing the CEL like more than 1000 times with my OBD2 reader.

After I installed 63 AMG exhaust system which came with resonator unlike Dual Exhaust pipe my car had originally, The CEL light never came back. I had placed the sec. O2 sensors behind the sec. cats as Kleemann told me and the distance was too far that O2 sensors did not get the operating temperature soon enough that it triggered the CEL light. Now that I have resonator right behind, I think it creates some back pressure and helps the rear O2 sensors heat up quicker than before.

How much did the AMG63 exh set you back?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Pics of exhaust?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM

I will post it soon.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D

Did you send your ECU to kleemann to delete secondary o2's. We've had 4 cars with similar problems as yours. It has to be coded out.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by sunman
Did you send your ECU to kleemann to delete secondary o2's. We've had 4 cars with similar problems as yours. It has to be coded out.
Yes I did. CEL came back right away. It was like 2 yrs ago. The wiring of O2 sensors were perfect but it kept coming back. But not anymore. The STAR does not show error codes anymore.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Yes I did. CEL came back right away. It was like 2 yrs ago. The wiring of O2 sensors were perfect but it kept coming back. But not anymore. The STAR does not show error codes anymore.
How much did MB want for the exh! I'm contemplating the same setup!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
we sent the ECU to kleemann 4 times and it was never deprogrammed for rear o2 sensors.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What model OBDII sensor are you using? I'm looking into getting one for future use. thanks