CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Fs: 2001 Kleemann Clk55s6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2007 | 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW and Mercedes
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Kleemann CLK55 > Renntech CLK60 I made that decision not too long ago but I'm a little biased. If anyone out there has a Renntech CLK60 in the DC area and would like to make a video with a Kleemann CLK55 please let me know
I'd like to see that vid, but only if its ur 208....which is possibly the sickest 208 I have ever seen
Old 07-20-2007 | 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by clky1
Thanks Ted for the rational comment here. With all due respect to the great people that I have met over the years on this Board, 55 and Flynavy just do not get it. Just like the ad says and just like Ted, Lowphat and Blackbenz etc. wrote, the car is highly modded, high performance and the right car for the right buyer. If that is not you, or if you cannot afford it, then so be it. That's cool. But don't be a buzz kill for those who may be able to enjoy the car.

To answer the other questions: the cost of the mods and the car far exceed this price; the mods were done in December 2006; a w208 Renntech CLK60 widebody vert 6spd and the E55 PALE in comparison to the performance of my vehicle; and, the car just went on sale yesterday.

Show some love guys.......jeesh
Ted's comment may be rational. But here is reality:

KB value private party:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...izConditions=0

2k1 CLK55 35k miles
Excellent
$25,005

Good
$23,775

Fair
$21,990

Now you can add up your investment. I'm sure it will total when added to the value of the car about 50k in excellent condition. But it does not always wrk like that. And remember in excellent condition hardly means the person will get 25k for the car,it's just a point of reference.

If you're willing to be patient, some hungry person may pay you that but it will be tough. There's an *** for every seat!
Old 07-20-2007 | 05:33 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
C55: You Are Still Missing the Point

Yeah.............and an *** for every post. You win!
Old 07-20-2007 | 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah.............and an *** for every post. You win!
Zing!!!!!!

Good Luck Trick!
Old 07-20-2007 | 08:41 PM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Ted's comment may be rational. But here is reality:

KB value private party:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...izConditions=0

2k1 CLK55 35k miles
Excellent
$25,005

Good
$23,775

Fair
$21,990

Now you can add up your investment. I'm sure it will total when added to the value of the car about 50k in excellent condition. But it does not always wrk like that. And remember in excellent condition hardly means the person will get 25k for the car,it's just a point of reference.

If you're willing to be patient, some hungry person may pay you that but it will be tough. There's an *** for every seat!
Others on here are dinging unfairly. Although the OP may have invested more than $50K while he was in the process of building it, the facts are that his cost on the original car was probably significantly higher than it currently is. The mods too may also have been higher than they are today. The value of the finished car is (the current wholesale + the CURRENT price of mods + the factor of time and labor). Does this add up to $50K in today's market? Probably not witht he parts alone. $24K car (nobody gives anything but good KBB values) + $10K (or so) for the Kleeman work incl labor + $4K for the brakes plus..... The bottom line it that Timster did this same thing to his CLK55 a little over 3 years ago and was LUCKY to get something like $48K at that time. Even a car like this depreciates. Good luck with getting your number but IMHO $50K is about $10K too high for a modded 6 year old car in today's market.
Old 07-20-2007 | 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Others on here are dinging unfairly. Although the OP may have invested more than $50K while he was in the process of building it, the facts are that his cost on the original car was probably significantly higher than it currently is. The mods too may also have been higher than they are today. The value of the finished car is (the current wholesale + the CURRENT price of mods + the factor of time and labor). Does this add up to $50K in today's market? Probably not witht he parts alone. $24K car (nobody gives anything but good KBB values) + $10K (or so) for the Kleeman work incl labor + $4K for the brakes plus..... The bottom line it that Timster did this same thing to his CLK55 a little over 3 years ago and was LUCKY to get something like $48K at that time. Even a car like this depreciates. Good luck with getting your number but IMHO $50K is about $10K too high for a modded 6 year old car in today's market.
And don't forget Learso's car (CLK55K) which was bought by Blackbenzz!
Old 07-20-2007 | 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
Just curious as to how much it weighs, and what 0-60 is?
Old 07-21-2007 | 04:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ndabunka
$10K (or so) for the Kleeman work incl labor
I'm going to go by another CLK55 just so you can sign me up for that deal! You cant even get the supercharger for that much
Old 07-21-2007 | 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Charles Joseph
I have a 2002 CLK55 with the Kleemann s/c, ecu, springs, Brembo Gt brakes fron & rear, Kinesis wheels, Eisemann Race exhaust, K40 front and rear (built in to the rearview mirror), tire pressure monitors, totally blacked out I will sell for $40K. It is black on charcoal on black with only 33K miles. I have spoken to Cory at Kleemann and this car does not make 540+ hp nor is it worth $50K. But, you can always ask high and lower your price, you can never reverse it! Good luck, I hope you get it. That would make my car worth that much more!
Sell me the wheels and rear brakes! This car will sell fast for $40k.
Old 07-21-2007 | 08:27 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
Thumbs down This guy is so lying!

I have a 2002 CLK55 with the Kleemann s/c, ecu, springs, Brembo Gt brakes fron & rear, Kinesis wheels, Eisemann Race exhaust, K40 front and rear (built in to the rearview mirror), tire pressure monitors, totally blacked out I will sell for $40K. It is black on charcoal on black with only 33K miles. I have spoken to Cory at Kleemann and this car does not make 540+ hp nor is it worth $50K. But, you can always ask high and lower your price, you can never reverse it! Good luck, I hope you get it. That would make my car worth that much more!
Just to show you all what a hater that Charles Joseph is...I will post the actual dyno that Corey at Kleemann did on my car last year that shows the car has over 540hp. Wow, the lengths that some people will stoop to never ceases to amaze me. Shame on you Charles.
Old 07-21-2007 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just to show you all what a hater that Charles Joseph is...I will post the actual dyno that Corey at Kleemann did on my car last year that shows the car has over 540hp. Wow, the lengths that some people will stoop to never ceases to amaze me. Shame on you Charles.
Regardless let us know if you get 50k. If so,kudos! GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-21-2007 | 09:47 PM
Banned

German

intersted...can u PM me some pic please..Thanks
Old 07-21-2007 | 10:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
Pics

The pics are attahed tothe original post. They are on Photobucket.
view pics @ : http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z192/kleemann55
Old 07-21-2007 | 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
DYNO emailed to you

Dude, I spoke with Cory on Friday to try and resolve some of the problems I am having with my car. He said your car was putting out 510 at best. That is what he said. Kleemann has been over-rating thier hp figures for some time. I am only repeating what was told to me. I was questioning my cars power with your claims and he said that the number was bogus. I am not hating, just repeating. If you car is putting out 540+ good for you. If your car is making that kind of power then they need to figure out what is up with mine!
Charles, I do not know what you or Cory may have been smoking, but as you can see from the dyno that Corey ran on my car in 2006, the car put out 543 hp. Was he misleading me as you suggest? I don't think so. But to post that I am being dishonest like you have done here is just not cool.

So sorry for you if your vehicle doesn't have the performance or modifications that mine does. The constant dissing on my sale price and options is just lame. If the car sells, cool. If not, that's ok. I'm still faster than YOU. Let it go BRO!
Old 07-21-2007 | 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Both sides to this thread are correct, but having my own experience w/a highly modded w220 you rarely recoupe any money spent on mods, you have to remember if you were to trade this car into a dealership the mods would equal NOTHING, on private party they come out at best to about .20 cents on the dollar.

My advice to you sir would be to hit up Cars N' Coffee in Irvine the only way you'll ever come close to fetching that price is to find a loaded car enthusiast who will appreciate what you've done otherwise even 40k is pushing it, a w211 E55k are going for low to mid 40's good luck

Last edited by Thericker; 07-21-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2007 | 10:54 PM

2002 CLK55 Kleemann
Charles, I do not know what you or Cory may have been smoking, but as you can see from the dyno that Corey ran on my car in 2006, the car put out 543 hp. Was he misleading me as you suggest? I don't think so. But to post that I am being dishonest like you have done here is just not cool.

So sorry for you if your vehicle doesn't have the performance or modifications that mine does. The constant dissing on my sale price and options is just lame. If the car sells, cool. If not, that's ok. I'm still faster than YOU. Let it go BRO!
Dude, you need to grow up! This is my last post about you and your car. I am not the only one that thinks you are smoking crack for the $50k price. I actually hope you get it, then mine would be worth more. Maybe Cory was trying to convince me that mine is not that far off. I don't know and honestly don't care. All I know is that I talked to him on Friday and that is what he told me! By the way I still have not seen a dyno print out that states your numbers. Just your claims! I will not waste anymore time on you or your car. Best of luck with the sale. DONE!

Last edited by Charles Joseph; 07-21-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2007 | 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Biggest thread hijack ever. One member posting pics of his car and offering it for sale in the same thread started by another member who's trying to sell a similar car.

Wouldn't have been much better, but that's what PM is for....

Un-cool.
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:19 AM

2002 CLK55 Kleemann
Originally Posted by lowphat
Biggest thread hijack ever. One member posting pics of his car and offering it for sale in the same thread started by another member who's trying to sell a similar car.

Wouldn't have been much better, but that's what PM is for....

Un-cool.
You are right. I have removed all my posts except the last one!
Old 07-22-2007 | 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm going to go by another CLK55 just so you can sign me up for that deal! You cant even get the supercharger for that much
Even though you didn't acknowledge the rest of the thread, it appears that I was right as another with a similar car was targeting the prices I recommended so it seems like my projections were more or less "dead on". Of course, a BRAND NEW S/C installed is more like $14K but then again, some Kleeman installers are pretty darn greedy now, aren't they. When you realize that other vendors sell similar S/C's for about 50% of the price there is a realization that competition brings down prices (to a reasonable level). The $10K figure I quoted was a REAL, obtainable figure (at the time I was pricing 4 years ago) once the Kleeman installer realized that a number of victims (ah, er, ...Customers) might go to another vendors solution for a LOT less $'s. Reality is that you CAN get a Kleeman S/C for around that figure (if you look hard enough and are SERIOUS). How about picking up one from one of these guys that are trying to resell and not getting the premium they are asking with the unit in there. Didn't one guy sell his Kleemen for something like $6K when he sold his car?
Old 07-22-2007 | 04:16 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
Boo Hoo, I'm done too

Dude, you need to grow up! This is my last post about you and your car. I am not the only one that thinks you are smoking crack for the $50k price. I actually hope you get it, then mine would be worth more. Maybe Cory was trying to convince me that mine is not that far off. I don't know and honestly don't care. All I know is that I talked to him on Friday and that is what he told me! By the way I still have not seen a dyno print out that states your numbers. Just your claims! I will not waste anymore time on you or your car. Best of luck with the sale. DONE!
I sent you Corey's email yesterday. Please send me your personal email and the dyno graph is on its way.
Old 07-22-2007 | 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Thericker
Both sides to this thread are correct, but having my own experience w/a highly modded w220 you rarely recoupe any money spent on mods, you have to remember if you were to trade this car into a dealership the mods would equal NOTHING, on private party they come out at best to about .20 cents on the dollar.

My advice to you sir would be to hit up Cars N' Coffee in Irvine the only way you'll ever come close to fetching that price is to find a loaded car enthusiast who will appreciate what you've done otherwise even 40k is pushing it, a w211 E55k are going for low to mid 40's good luck
..........another issue is that you can get a loaded 2003 Twin turbo V12 CL600 with DVD NAv for mid forty's. Currently suffering through doing a twin turbo on my W210 E55, but seriously considering putting the Kleemann s/c back on and buying a 2003 CL600 then Renntech it. This will yeild a 11.2sec 1/4 mile car with no sweat at a total cost of $50K

Ted
Old 07-22-2007 | 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........another issue is that you can get a loaded 2003 Twin turbo V12 CL600 with DVD NAv for mid forty's. Currently suffering through doing a twin turbo on my W210 E55, but seriously considering putting the Kleemann s/c back on and buying a 2003 CL600 then Renntech it. This will yeild a 11.2sec 1/4 mile car with no sweat at a total cost of $50K

Ted
Yes I forgot about those 600 TT's damned best deal around!! I think you should deff look further into buying 1 Ted, seems like a hell of a sure thing, I know when I tire of my Vette, I'll be behind the wheel of a fast as stink CL600 TT
Sorry bout the hi-jack gents..Carry on
Old 07-22-2007 | 10:43 PM

For 50k, CL600 is going to have too many miles though. If you want a low mileage CL600, its going to cost you more like 60k.
Old 07-23-2007 | 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Tuskir
For 50k, CL600 is going to have too many miles though. If you want a low mileage CL600, its going to cost you more like 60k.
..................Please don't buy a 2003 CL600 for $60K. I know you would like to think so, but what you said is not factually correct. These cars are the best bang for the buck right now. Here is an autotrader list of 15 2003 CL600's all below $50K and mileage from 15K to 60K. Average mileage is 30K miles. SL600's are the ones selling for the $60K.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=&keywordsfyc=

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 07-23-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2007 | 01:02 PM

Don't forget the risk of "out of warranty" cars

Ted - Thanks for the info on the 2003 CL600's. I've been considering 2003 SL55's but the 600 engine is a BEAST. Unfortunately, I've also heard that they can also be "tempermental". Not an issue for you but others considering them should realize that the 12 cyl engine is not quite as "stable" as the v8's and since the 2003's are running out of warranty, buying one could be a bit of a risk (repairs like air suspension, etc). They are a great price but there is also a bit of risk with any non-warranty car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: 2001 Kleemann Clk55s6