CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Fs: 2001 Kleemann Clk55s6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007 | 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I just got back from summit point race track for an event put together by Ferrari of Washington. If you think the CLXXX will handle with a CLK55 Kleemann on a road course I have to say: Sure you can mod it to go faster in a straight line but thats not what its all about. I passed quite a few ferraris, porsches, SL55, C55, NSX, etc etc. Only people that I had to point by were a Porsche 993tt Cup car that was stripped and heavily modded (beat him in the straights) with a very experienced driver and a FI NSX (that I also beat on the straights) and this was my first track day running on 19's with crappy street tires!
Old 07-23-2007 | 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I just got back from summit point race track for an event put together by Ferrari of Washington. If you think the CLXXX will handle with a CLK55 Kleemann on a road course I have to say: Sure you can mod it to go faster in a straight line but thats not what its all about. I passed quite a few ferraris, porsches, SL55, C55, NSX, etc etc. Only people that I had to point by were a Porsche 993tt Cup car that was stripped and heavily modded (beat him in the straights) with a very experienced driver and a FI NSX (that I also beat on the straights) and this was my first track day running on 19's with crappy street tires!
.................No question, a CL600 can never handle as well as a CLK. Not even close. Everyone highlights the advantages of their chosen car. One counter argument to yours is that Mercedes vehicles (except perhaps the Black series cars) are not race cars, they are basically GT cruisers CLK and CL's included. If one wants a race car then one should get a true race car. As GT's the CL600 obiliterates the CLK even when the CLK is infused with Kleemann power juice.
Old 07-24-2007 | 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.................No question, a CL600 can never handle as well as a CLK. Not even close. Everyone highlights the advantages of their chosen car. One counter argument to yours is that Mercedes vehicles (except perhaps the Black series cars) are not race cars, they are basically GT cruisers CLK and CL's included. If one wants a race car then one should get a true race car. As GT's the CL600 obiliterates the CLK even when the CLK is infused with Kleemann power juice.
I'm just saying the CLK is a better all around car, thats all. And I would disagree that a CL600 obliterates a Kleemann CLK55 in terms of a GT car. I was within a couple car lengths at very high speeds with a SL65. If you get a true race car you cant drive it on the street, nor will it be comfortable. I dont want to argue about this, to each his/her own
Old 07-24-2007 | 11:50 AM

everything and anything
Damm bro,

Don't suppose when you were flying by those cars you managed to get some pics in?........

Sorry man.....had to rib ya a little
Old 07-24-2007 | 12:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by marc32
Damm bro,

Don't suppose when you were flying by those cars you managed to get some pics in?........

Sorry man.....had to rib ya a little
No, I didnt take nay pics but here are a few a friend of mine took http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post6356501

Sorry, back on topic
Old 07-24-2007 | 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
No, I didnt take nay pics but here are a few a friend of mine took http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post6356501

Sorry, back on topic
O.T. Ahmed,where on earth is this track at? I need to bring the Talon down and try it on there. please tell me when you are going again! Wow!
Old 07-25-2007 | 10:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
O.T. Ahmed,where on earth is this track at? I need to bring the Talon down and try it on there. please tell me when you are going again! Wow!
Summit Point, West Virginia. I'll let you know
Old 08-01-2007 | 05:39 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Sounds like a 208 55 CLKleenmann can more than hold its own against rides costing lots more and giving less comfort.

Way to go. Does that big boy front mounted intercooler make a real difference on the track?
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by neilbo75
Sounds like a 208 55 CLKleenmann can more than hold its own against rides costing lots more and giving less comfort.

Way to go. Does that big boy front mounted intercooler make a real difference on the track?
Yes, I was very impressed with my car.

I like to think the bigger heat exchanger helps on th etrack but I never went to the track without it so I dunno.

I'm going back to Summit Point in October for another Ferrari event and this time I will have in car video as well as have people take video of me on the track A picture says a thousand words, a video must say alotttttt
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!

I like to think the bigger heat exchanger helps on th etrack but I never went to the track without it so I dunno.
Ahmad,

When you're at a full stop or stop and go on a heavy traffic what does your engine temp read? Does the FMIC keep the temps low or what?
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by JamE55
Ahmad,

When you're at a full stop or stop and go on a heavy traffic what does your engine temp read? Does the FMIC keep the temps low or what?
It gets hotter and hotter when I'm in traffic. Its been all the way up to 217 I believe. Heat soak is inevitable in traffic. The temp stays between 185 and 189ish when mvoing. If you're talking about the coolant temp it goes a little past the tick between 120 and 90 in traffic. It goes down to the 90 tick when moving. I dont think the heat echanger does anything when you're stuck in trafic, only when you have airflowing through the heat exchanger does it help. I cant wait for cooler weather because even when its in the high 70's at night I can go for a spirited drive, pull over, touch the heat exchanger and its cool. In the winter it was always ice cold!!!

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-01-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-01-2007 | 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!

It gets hotter and hotter when I'm in traffic. Its been all the way up to 217 I believe. Heat soak is inevitable in traffic. The temp stays between 185 and 189ish when mvoing. If you're talking about the coolant temp it goes a little past the tick between 120 and 90 in traffic. It goes down to the 90 tick when moving. I dont think the heat echanger does anything when you're stuck in trafic, only when you have airflowing through the heat exchanger does it help. I cant wait for cooler weather because even when its in the high 70's at night I can go for a spirited drive, pull over, touch the heat exchanger and its cool. In the winter it was always ice cold!!!
That's very interesting. I thought the heat exchanger will address that heatsoak but i guess not. Thanks for the info man.
Old 08-01-2007 | 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by JamE55
That's very interesting. I thought the heat exchanger will address that heatsoak but i guess not. Thanks for the info man.
No prob. Heat exchanger doesnt do anything unless you're moving and flowing air through it.
Old 08-05-2007 | 09:16 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Yes, I was very impressed with my car.

I'm going back to Summit Point in October for another Ferrari event and this time I will have in car video as well as have people take video of me on the track A picture says a thousand words, a video must say alotttttt
Yeah, give us the video! We're tired of watching the 63 CLK BS run around the 'ring.
Have you had that beast on a drag strip since putting in the FMIC? Improved ET?
The higher temp while stuck in traffic might be because the FMIC is interfering with the stock radiator. If so, you might think about adding an oil cooler (where?) to protect better the motor.
Old 08-05-2007 | 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
No prob. Heat exchanger doesnt do anything unless you're moving and flowing air through it.
Did you get the thermostat yet from PTE?
Old 08-05-2007 | 11:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Did you get the thermostat yet from PTE?
No, its not as simple on my car since it has a kleemann supercharger. He wants me to send the housing to him and then he puts in the thermostat. I dont have any time for my car to be down right now. Too many shows and track days (literally just got back from a show).

neilbo75- Will do Havent been back to the drag strip with the new setup in good weather. I will be taking it on October 8th when I have the track rented out
Old 08-06-2007 | 07:11 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
T-stat for a Kleemann on a 208

Thats is correct! . The Kleemann Kompressor Kit , has a specific ,casting make especially for that W-208 body/ chassis type. Which I make a vernatherm for. Maybe if I get to the MIR meet early , I could mod his piece there. Takes about 2 hours on a hot motor. Cheers ___PTE___
Old 08-06-2007 | 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by PTE
Thats is correct! . The Kleemann Kompressor Kit , has a specific ,casting make especially for that W-208 body/ chassis type. Which I make a vernatherm for. Maybe if I get to the MIR meet early , I could mod his piece there. Takes about 2 hours on a hot motor. Cheers ___PTE___
If you're willing to get there early I would get there even earlier and ice everything down to make things go faster. I would really appreciate that Hopefully I can find some down time before then to send the housing and get it done.