CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

AMG posers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe guys do it to get chicks.. I saw this guy with his fake Rolex and his fake AMG and he was with the hottest chick in the place, but then again they were made for eachother cause she had FAKE ****...
I'm going to Ebay right now and placing my orders...LOL J/K
Old 06-26-2008, 05:53 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
Originally Posted by Chappy
You state, correctly - as far as I can prove, that you have not re-badged your CLK500 with CLK55 or even an AMG badge. You're no AMG poser....

Is the true reason you're so sensitive about badging "do's and dont's" is because you've plastered your 350Z Roadster with no less than 5 NISMO badges, not including the personalized vanity plate that advertises your car as a NISMO??
Wow, guess I'm really "busted".
If you had researched a little further however, you would know that my 350 has the current Nismo engine (VQ35HR), full Nismo bodykit, Nismo suspension, Nismo sways and Nismo exhaust, together with a few other odds and ends (radiator cap, oil filler cap etc), all sold and installed by Nissan as a variation of the "S-Tune" package.
Yes, I am "guilty" of adding an aftermarket carbon fiber engine cover and a personalized "vanity" plate (hope none of you have a vanity plate which includes the letter AMG!).
Again, it is just beyond my comprehension how you guys get yourselves in such a flap. Its like you have some kind of fixation.

So here it is one last time, if someone feels like an AMG badge in some way enhances their car, let them do it. There is no need to be so condescending.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by reserved
If you had researched a little further however, you would know that my 350 has the current Nismo engine (VQ35HR), full Nismo bodykit, Nismo suspension, Nismo sways and Nismo exhaust, together with a few other odds and ends (radiator cap, oil filler cap etc), all sold and installed by Nissan as a variation of the "S-Tune" package.
Yes, I am "guilty" of adding an aftermarket carbon fiber engine cover and a personalized "vanity" plate (hope none of you have a vanity plate which includes the letter AMG!).
Again, it is just beyond my comprehension how you guys get yourselves in such a flap. Its like you have some kind of fixation.

So here it is one last time, if someone feels like an AMG badge in some way enhances their car, let them do it. There is no need to be so condescending.

Scan and post the $15k dealer invoice for the engine swap you allege to have done, and we'll believe it. Until then, it's a re-badged 350.

And FWIW, if you really did pay out the rear for a true Nismo engine, then you're not too good with money...since just buying the Nismo car to begin with woulda been much cheaper.

That's like someone saying "oh I bought an E320, but swapped in the E63 engine, suspension, etc.". That's ridiculous, and you will end up paying MORE than what you would have paid to just buy the real deal. Not to mention it's double-stupid, because you're going to pay cash for all the work vs. financing the entire cost of the real Nismo.

I bet this is a lie. Nobody would be that dumb.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever there's gas in...

Keep Digging
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 PM

2001 clk55 AMG
OMG this s**t is out of control i love it.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by CWW

Scan and post the $15k dealer invoice for the engine swap you allege to have done, and we'll believe it.
No engine swap necessary. Its the same engine!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 PM

'02 CLK55
Guess that is like saying the amg 55 and 550 are the same engine.... not.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:49 PM

He did it to get the chicks I tell you.... Nismo, Nemo, Geo, Gizmondo, AMGizzle... He did it all for the nookie....
Old 06-26-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Mflowin
Maybe guys do it to get chicks.. I saw this guy with his fake Rolex and his fake AMG and he was with the hottest chick in the place, but then again they were made for eachother cause she had FAKE ****...
I'm going to Ebay right now and placing my orders...LOL J/K

Now thats a funny post!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55

Time to keep your yapper shut. You got owned!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Chappy jumped on this guy big time.

Reserved, nice Nismo accessories, but if I were you, I would either get a Nismo Z coupe for $38.6K from Nissan, or not getting any Nismo accessories but twin-turbo it, but that's just me.

Let me give you an example with my old E550. It had E63's front bumper, E63's trunk lid spoiler, E55 wheels, but I didn't badge the car with AMG badges and left the E550 emblem on the trunk. Why? Because I know it was not an AMG, and if I put the AMG badge on, I would be laughed at by people who know cars. On the other hand, I wouldn't be getting so many compliments about it if I had the AMG badge on.

Last edited by 2MANYCARS; 06-26-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:44 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Not it isn't.

It's based on the same block but it's hardly the same engine.

Come on dude, you clearly already know this, or you wouldn't bother slapping Nismo stickers all over your car, if it was truly "the same" right?

Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 AMG SL55, 2002 AMG CLK55, 2002 AMG ML55, 2005 ML350, 1995 S320 LWB - totaled
Originally Posted by CWW
Not it isn't.

Come on dude, you clearly already know this, or you wouldn't bother slapping Nismo stickers all over your car, if it was truly "the same" right?

Just as the 5.4 AMG engine is based on the same block then they replace almost 90% of it with their own special parts.

Owned!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by CWW
That's like someone saying "oh I bought an E320, but swapped in the E63 engine, suspension, etc.". That's ridiculous, and you will end up paying MORE than what you would have paid to just buy the real deal. Not to mention it's double-stupid, because you're going to pay cash for all the work vs. financing the entire cost of the real Nismo.

I bet this is a lie. Nobody would be that dumb.
Could you even attempt that engine swap on an E?

I disagree with your last statement.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by CWW
Not it isn't.

Not only are the engines EXACTLY the same, the whole car is essentially the same.
The Nismo 350Z has an MSRP of $38680. For that, you get a 350Z with some seam welding, mass dampers, an upgraded suspension and the Nismo "version 3" body kit. The VQ35HR engine comes standard.
If you like the bodykit which comes with the car, then you are good to go, right off the showroom floor (which is why Nissan started marketing this edition). However, if you look at pics of the rear, it is pretty "extreme", particularly with the large wing. It has been a very controversial feature of that car and some even feel that it has resulted in limited sales.
The other option (which is all you could do until 07), is buy a 350Z coupe for $33,340 and have the dealer give it the Nismo S-tune "treatment". You will then have a car with EXACTLY the same engine, IMHO a better looking bodykit (Nismo version 2 as opposed to version 3) and a slightly more aggressive suspension set-up, all with full factory warranty.
The only downside is that it ends up being more expensive. I paid over $6000 in parts with well over $2000 for labor, which would give you (conservatively)a total of $42,340.
Anyway, sorry to be so longwinded, but those are the facts.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Splitting hairs....

Nissan never brought a Nismo roadster here.

.....to some of us, you took the equivilent of a Mustang GT and turned it into your own Mach 1, with stickers to prove it. POSING in my book.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever there's gas in...
Not only are the engines EXACTLY the same, the whole car is essentially the same.
The Nismo 350Z has an MSRP of $38680. For that, you get a 350Z with some seam welding, mass dampers, an upgraded suspension and the Nismo "version 3" body kit. The VQ35HR engine comes standard.
If you like the bodykit which comes with the car, then you are good to go, right off the showroom floor (which is why Nissan started marketing this edition). However, if you look at pics of the rear, it is pretty "extreme", particularly with the large wing. It has been a very controversial feature of that car and some even feel that it has resulted in limited sales.
The other option (which is all you could do until 07), is buy a 350Z coupe for $33,340 and have the dealer give it the Nismo S-tune "treatment". You will then have a car with EXACTLY the same engine, IMHO a better looking bodykit (Nismo version 2 as opposed to version 3) and a slightly more aggressive suspension set-up, all with full factory warranty.
The only downside is that it ends up being more expensive. I paid over $6000 in parts with well over $2000 for labor, which would give you (conservatively)a total of $42,340.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Those may be the facts, but sounds like you would have been better off buying the factory Nismo and removing the wing?

Anyway, I don't want to jump all over you, but I'm not entirely convinced about the badging. When it's a factory badge such as AMG or Nismo, it's pretty clear when it should and shouldn't go on.

Things were different back in the day when AMG was an aftermarket tuner and there was leeway re: what justified an AMG badge. The general consensus was that one needed 3 different AMG modifications to justify the badge. Now that it's a factory product, there is no ambuigity whatsoever re: AMG badges; it's either a factory AMG or it's not.

I suspect if we asked Nissan enthusiasts this question re: Nismo, they would have a similar answer.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 1985mb
Things were different back in the day when AMG was an aftermarket tuner and there was leeway re: what justified an AMG badge. The general consensus was that one needed 3 different AMG modifications to justify the badge.

Agreed. Much like Dinan has the "point" system. Each upgrade is assigned a point value. If my memory serves me correctly, once you get 10 points, you get a Dinan badge for your decklid.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Splitting hairs....

.....to some of us, you took the equivilent of a Mustang GT and turned it into your own Mach 1, with stickers to prove it. POSING in my book.
Mine too. Posing is posing. If you're not on the inside, you're on the outside.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Splitting hairs....

Chappy with the Pimp Hand.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Did a little research, and it looks like you're partially right.

The Nismo Z cars come with a performance exhaust including the headers and everything on back from there, which I would technically call an engine change, but the block architecture does appear to be the same. It's not like my earlier comparison between the 550 and the 55k, since the differences between the Nismo and regular 350 don't include a supercharger.

Still, there is a laundry list of other stuff you get with the Nismo car, like the Brembo big-brake setup, major suspension improvements, etc. It's more than just a body kit. So I guess you are somewhere in the middle.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by CWW
Did a little research, and it looks like you're partially right.

The Nismo Z cars come with a performance exhaust including the headers and everything on back from there, which I would technically call an engine change, but the block architecture does appear to be the same. It's not like my earlier comparison between the 550 and the 55k, since the differences between the Nismo and regular 350 don't include a supercharger.

Still, there is a laundry list of other stuff you get with the Nismo car, like the Brembo big-brake setup, major suspension improvements, etc. It's more than just a body kit. So I guess you are somewhere in the middle.
Thank you for the concilitary statement. Likewise, if some of my comments were a little "over the top", you have my apologies.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
woo hoo !
Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...-toy-well.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMG posers