CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

The reason why I trust no valet...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why I trust no valet...

I have had serious issues with valets in the past but nothing compared to this poor A8 owner (www.vwvortex.com). Apparently, the valets raced the A8 around town for 45 minutes before loosing control...see pics. You're handing your $80K car over to a guy who makes $8/hr; be careful!!

One valet ran over some low lying flower border rocks in my then new Porsche in front of me (horrible metal sound) and completely denied it. One valet took couple of $$ from my center console. One valet put a huge dent in my clients rental car and denied it. The story goes on and on.

Any suggestions out there?

Here are some of mine:
1. I will park and walk couple of blocks before handing my keys over to a valet
2. I stand out there and watch the car till it's parked
3. I will pay the guy to park the car myself
4. I will drive my commuter car
Attached Thumbnails The reason why I trust no valet...-audi.bmp   The reason why I trust no valet...-audi2.bmp   The reason why I trust no valet...-audi3.bmp  
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
I agree. I never hand my keys to valet. I rather park my car in a garage and walk to the restaurant. No matter how classy or upscale the restaurant may be on the inside, the valets are a different story. Granted it's only a car, but, this is one type of preventable action owners can take to avoid a major headache.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM

your mom
I have never ever given my car to a valet

not the acura or the CLK or the GTO.

its bound to happen, will smell burnt rubber for sure.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 745i
i worked for a very very upscale night club, and valet is complimentary.. valet was know for taking my s2000 (at the time) and drive it for 3-4 milles a night, knowing i wont be able to see or come out to request my car...
I was ready to kill them one by one...

i always valet upfront and wont even leave my keys with them, in chicago front spot goes for 20-40$.. well worth it.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:15 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
These stories are way to common on all kinds of car boards...I just saw one that the valet burned the hell out of a Murcielago clutch , moving the car practically 10ft. WOW. Lucky the owner has the kind of $$ that its not much of a deal..but still....

As much as I want to take my cars to the nicer places, I usually dont.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
I always pay upfront enough $$ so valet can let me park or he'll park the car in the front spot for me. if you take care of the valet then stuff like this will not happen. it's that simple.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
The only places I really go that have valet services is Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. Never do I use the valet there. My cousin worked at Foxwood's valet and he told me straight up....never use valet. He said they beat the crap out of every car there. He said they will do burnouts in minivans!
You can request a "pink ticket" for about $20, that will let you park your car up front and it stays there until you come out to get it. I still won't even do that.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM

CLK 55
fortunately in NYC, there are huge buildings used for garage space some even underground garages, and nowhere to potentially do dumb ***** with folks vehicles (being theres constant traffic flow)...tip the guy well here ur car will be sitting in the front of ur garage of choice right off times square waiting for u when u get back...i've never run into a situation @ a garage in NY,*knock on wood* parking on the street is a TOTALLY diff. story.......................

Last edited by DBLNICKL; 02-05-2008 at 03:55 PM.