CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

What do you guys do for a living?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
I guess that comment about engineers was about me just so you know I am a blue collar worker I don't get dirty and don't break a sweat but I get paid very well for what I do I won't tell you exactly what I make but it is xxx,xxx so buying a used AMG is not going to break the bank I could buy a new CLK but I can't see spending that much money on something that will be worth 1/2 a year later. So thank you for looking down on all of us regular non millionaire people and have a nice day.
+1
Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Personal Trainer to the stars!!
Currently taking heli flying lessons(totally addicting and a $$ pit)maybe a future occupation

90% of an AS in CAD...not sure if I'll finish it.
BS in sports phisiology

Train mostly your everyday overpaid housewife LOL When I'm lucky I train a few pro and semi-pro athletes and dabble in powerlifting myself.

...heres one for yall to laugh at, money can't buy you this, for all you super rich ballers

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by NitrogenBalance; 05-21-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by phonetics
by looking at the first few posts.... i wonder how those jobs can afford u guys AMGs and maintaining more than 1 car... that further shows americans really don't like the concept of saving...
Phonetics,

I am the one that started this thread so it's obvious that your comment was aimed toward me. So I must respond Please don't let the job title fool you. I "loosely" stated what one of my job titles are and by no means does it accont for all that I do to earn a living. For simplicity sake, I just provided one of many "Job titles" of what I do without going into great details. It really isn't that serious. I am a very humble person, down to earth and like to have fun. I've been very blessed and fortunate to have the luxuries that I am able to afford without sacrificing my savings. Phonetics, you said and I quote "i wonder how those jobs can afford u guys AMGs and maintaining more than 1 car?" Let's play a game of did you know

Did you know that at the age of 24 I managed a call center for a well-known cable company for 3 years? In those 3 years I earned a starting salary of
55k (not including bonuses). I was single and lived in a one bedroom apt. No car note and very low debt I was able to save close to $1,500 a month Please do the math. Oh by the way, the cash that wasn't being saved was being invested in stocks...let's just say with a little luck I did quite well Those investments catapulted me financially in ways that I never thought imaginable. As I result of those investments and working in the Technical Industry I was able to pay for my wedding, honeymoon and my wives 1 carat (VS2 clarity) emerald cut diamond in a platinum setting with CASH oh yeah! and so next came the lexus as a gift to her (Pre-Med graduate from UCLA by the way) and then the BRAND NEW HOME built in 2006 in Southern California..aaahhh Geez I am seriously thinking about writing a book on my life...it's really a good story to tell. But anyway, I'll spare you the boredom from reading and close with this. Success for me isn't based on how much money I make because I discovered early on that those that work long dreaded hours at work with very little time to spend with their families are nothing more than a modern day slave. People are bought and sold everyday. Are you one of those people? If so, you're missing the point of working and saving Don't forget what you're really working for...I have yet to see an AMG, Lexus or any other material item you can thing of laying besides ones' grave. So, for the record I am doing very well now and no longer do you need to be concerned about how I am able to pay for my cars My portfolio looks really good. Have a nice day.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Personal Trainer to the stars!!
Currently taking heli flying lessons(totally addicting and a $$ pit)maybe a future occupation

90% of an AS in CAD...not sure if I'll finish it.
BS in sports phisiology

Train mostly your everyday overpaid housewife LOL When I'm lucky I train a few pro and semi-pro athletes and dabble in powerlifting myself.

...heres one for yall to laugh at, money can't buy you this, for all you super rich ballers

[IMG][/IMG]
is that you in the picture?? dang thats gay...just playing man. Anyway, how fast can you go 1/4 miles since you got supercharger???
Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM

mercedes
Work: Director of Information Technology at a large hedge fund
Degree: Bachelors in Computer Science ~ Fairfield University, MCSE & MCSA
Cars: 2001 CLK 55, 2006 C280 4matic, 1997 SL 500
Status: On break with gf of 3 years, check the OT for the latest soon
Location: CT, renting house now but saving up for my first home to be purchased within the next year
Old 05-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
ok, i'll play

Work: Quant in an Investment Bank
Degree: MSC Financial Engineering - Columbia
Live: NY
Cars: 02 CLK 55 AMG
Kids: none
Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
I guess that comment about engineers was about me just so you know I am a blue collar worker I don't get dirty and don't break a sweat but I get paid very well for what I do I won't tell you exactly what I make but it is xxx,xxx so buying a used AMG is not going to break the bank I could buy a new CLK but I can't see spending that much money on something that will be worth 1/2 a year later. So thank you for looking down on all of us regular non millionaire people and have a nice day.
Excellent point BlackOnBlackCLK! Used AMG cars and to my surprise are very cheap. I mean 25K for a 4 year old Mercedes-Benz that would cost
70-75k brand new? Am I missing something here? It seems to me that those that can "Afford" to buy their cars (Phonetics) out right with cash has to be either filthy rich or just crazy Who would spend that kind of money on a car that you know is going to depreciate in value the moment that you drive it off the lot? Look at this way. My used AMG sitting next to your once new, and now used AMG would still be an AMG car No one could care less when and how much you paid for it All they see is a Mercedes. Let me know when you get tired of driving your car...I'll buy it from you haha....cash money Trust me I know the used valued price...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MARTYMAR
Excellent point BlackOnBlackCLK! Used AMG cars and to my surprise are very cheap. I mean 25K for a 4 year old Mercedes-Benz that would cost
70-75k brand new? Am I missing something here? It seems to me that those that can "Afford" to buy their cars (Phonetics) out right with cash has to be either filthy rich or just crazy Who would spend that kind of money on a car that you know is going to depreciate in value the moment that you drive it off the lot? Look at this way. My used AMG sitting next to your once new, and now used AMG would still be an AMG car No one could care less when and how much you paid for it All they see is a Mercedes. Let me know when you get tired of driving your car...I'll buy it from you haha....cash money Trust me I know the used valued price...
+100,000.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Work: Web Administrator/Designer and Tech Business Owner
Degree: Computer Information Systems/Minor Business
Cars: CLS 500, R500, E320

I also dabble in hot goods to fence, and move bricks. Ebay anyone? LOL.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM

CLK 55
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Did anyone else's douche bag radar go off the charts? This guy seems like a major tool to me.
ha, i'ma gohead n 2nd that motion...lol @ 1% of income etc etc...i dont get why folks do that...wtf cares what u make or what %'age ur cars take out of ur income...ur not payin anyone elses bills in this ****, are u?..if so let me get on that list too! @ folks arrogance...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by DBLNICKL
ha, i'ma gohead n 2nd that motion...lol @ 1% of income etc etc...i dont get why folks do that...wtf cares what u make or what %'age ur cars take out of ur income...ur not payin anyone elses bills in this ****, are u?..if so let me get on that list too! @ folks arrogance...
haha right on DBL that guy has some nerve to judge who we are and what we should or shouldn't be able to do. I have a few friends that work out in the field as Field Technicians and these guys make 80-120K easily! Who would've thought that the guy that comes to your home to install your cable, internet or phone service makes just as much as some Doctor's and Lawyer's? These guys have been doing their jobs for many years and own property, nice cars and more. That just goes show you that you can't judge a book by its cover.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:38 PM

CLK 55
Originally Posted by phonetics
if someone has got to save in order to buy luxury and depreciating items e.g. AMGs, that means he can't afford it..

i bought the 2006 SL55 and 2008 CL500 in cash and that's probably 1% of my cash.. that's what i will call it 'normal'.. if one has to worry about payments etc... i mean why bother driving AMGs..? a C200 or 325i will do fine too...

but it just amuses me when seeing people with jobs as middle level managers or even lower (e.g. engineers) driving AMGs... that does not even match with their positions ... don't u guys afraid your bosses will get pissed or something?
u just got done saying "that further shows americans really don't like the concept of saving..."...but then u say "if someone has got to save in order to buy luxury and depreciating items e.g. AMGs, that means he can't afford it.. "
so i'm guessing we should start robbing banks, and stealing ol ladies purses for that AMG cash, huh? i dont know how much AMG's cost in europe or wherever u may be, but ummm over here the prices go waaaay down after a years worth of ownership...can u believe they still have the new car smell after a year? who knew!?!?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by DBLNICKL
u just got done saying "that further shows americans really don't like the concept of saving..."...but then u say "if someone has got to save in order to buy luxury and depreciating items e.g. AMGs, that means he can't afford it.. "
so i'm guessing we should start robbing banks, and stealing ol ladies purses for that AMG cash, huh? i dont know how much AMG's cost in europe or wherever u may be, but ummm over here the prices go waaaay down after a years worth of ownership...can u believe they still have the new car smell after a year? who knew!?!?
Tell me about it. My friends and family were estatic about me buying an AMG car because it's a Mercedes and I don't spend money frivolously but I have to admit, my AMG is not all that. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car but the Chrysler in the Daimler-Chrysler Corp is coming out big time (CEL, MAF) No wonder the price dropped dramatically over a four year span. It's mine now so I will deal with it and be happy about my decision to buy the car. I'll know better next time though All in all the luxury and performance is there ...just too many electrical malfunctions....I guess I should have bought it new! haha
Old 05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
haha right on DBL that guy has some nerve to judge who we are and what we should or shouldn't be able to do. I have a few friends that work out in the field as Field Technicians and these guys make 80-120K easily! Who would've thought that the guy that comes to your home to install your cable, internet or phone service makes just as much as some Doctor's and Lawyer's? These guys have been doing their jobs for many years and own property, nice cars and more. That just goes show you that you can't judge a book by its cover.
I like that sentence MartyMar...thanks for saying that because someone still dont know whats that mean
Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
I like that sentence MartyMar...thanks for saying that because someone still dont know whats that mean
Exactly.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Exactly.
so you should have your MAF by today right (5/21)??? ..let me know the result...
Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Degrees: JD/MBA
Home: Yup
Kids: Not yet
Old 05-21-2008, 02:44 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
so you should have your MAF by today right (5/21)??? ..let me know the result...
ok...waiting for UPS now...
Old 05-21-2008, 02:45 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by SRQLAW
Degrees: JD/MBA
Home: Yup
Kids: Not yet
Nice!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:31 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
I just received my MAF! About to install it now, stay tuned....
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I just received my MAF! About to install it now, stay tuned....
Good luck my friend...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Good luck my friend...
Thanks bENZ I appreciate that. Ok MAF is now installed and the idling appears to be stable I'm about to go get the OBD ll reader to see if it still throws out the same MAF code (P0101) after doing that the CEL light will go away. I will then turn the go off and back on to see if the CEL comes back. Wish me luck!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Did anyone else's douche bag radar go off the charts? This guy seems like a major tool to me.
LOL, Stiggs. I was thinking the same thing!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Thanks bENZ I appreciate that. Ok MAF is now installed and the idling appears to be stable I'm about to go get the OBD ll reader to see if it still throws out the same MAF code (P0101) after doing that the CEL light will go away. I will then turn the go off and back on to see if the CEL comes back. Wish me luck!
Alrite man...keep me posted
Old 05-21-2008, 05:04 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
New MAF resolved CEL problem!

M-bENZ, can you say smooth operator? No more CEL, engine hesitation or high idling! After installing the new MAF the CEL was still on so I drove it to the nearest autozone to use the OBD ll reader. I turned the car on enough where the dashboard lights up, connected the reader and received the same code So I erased the code and ran it again...all while the dash is still lit. So then I thought hhmmm it's still grabbing the same old code...so then I cleared the reader again, disconnected it from the car....turned the car completely off, reconnected the reader, turned the car on and it came back with a PASSED reading! ahhhhh finally I am back! It was the MAF all along...it was just bad. I'm good to go now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys do for a living?