CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Please look at this photo of a CLK 55 engine and tell me if there's something wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please look at this photo of a CLK 55 engine and tell me if there's something wrong

Hello,

Would appreciate some feedback from current owners of 209 CLK55. I'm about to purchase this 03 CLK 55. The car is generally in top condition, with only one strange(to me) exception, the engine bay.

As you can see from the photos, the engine does not seem to be mounted straight. Is it the engine, or engine cover? Is this normal or something to worry about?

If its the cover, can it be realigned? I understand that the airfilters are housed on the back engine cover hence, it sounds strange that the cover counld be mounted wrongly.

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

P.
Attached Thumbnails Please look at this photo of a CLK 55 engine and tell me if there's something wrong-imag0047.jpg   Please look at this photo of a CLK 55 engine and tell me if there's something wrong-imag0048.jpg  
Old 07-22-2008, 07:40 AM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by pagepro
Hello,

Would appreciate some feedback from current owners of 209 CLK55. I'm about to purchase this 03 CLK 55. The car is generally in top condition, with only one strange(to me) exception, the engine bay.

As you can see from the photos, the engine does not seem to be mounted straight. Is it the engine, or engine cover? Is this normal or something to worry about?

If its the cover, can it be realigned? I understand that the airfilters are housed on the back engine cover hence, it sounds strange that the cover counld be mounted wrongly.

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

P.
Ewww That does look a bit akward. It could be the cover but then again maybe not because the cover has to fit right on top of the engine mounds which should align perfectly with the cover etc...I don't know man. As long as you know without a shadow of doubt that the car hasn't been in any accidents or had any major damage done to it whatsoever then you should be fine. I am so picky and that would be a reason for me to pass on the car and look for another one. Good luck with your decision! I'm sure others will be responding to your question shortly.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
The cover is held on simply with 4 clips that pop onto 4 rubber knobs. The back center hooks into the air intake (just above MAF sensor). The cover pulls off with little effort. I believe that the cover is just not attached correctly. If you are planning to buy it and have been able to take these pics, you should be able to go back for another look. lift the front slightly to see if both of the fronts are popped in. By the looks of the pictures they are misaligned and one will not be opped on. If this is the case, the opposite rear is probably also not hooked. If this is so...pull the whole air filter cover off. To put back correctly, line up the the back of the filter over the air intake...press down. The rear 2 clips should pop on as you push down, then the front 2 need a little push and you're done. Takes 30 seconds to complete. If after this, it still looks like your pictures ...run away real fast!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
The cover is on wrong. Pull it off and put it on properly. The "hole" by the oil filter is supposed to go over the oil filter cover.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:11 PM

'00 S-500, E-430S, '88 Mustang
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
The cover is on wrong. Pull it off and put it on properly. The "hole" by the oil filter is supposed to go over the oil filter cover.
I was about to say the same thing......... good catch
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///

That's what hapens when people try to put an AMG engine cover on a non AMG Engine....jk
Old 07-22-2008, 02:12 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by BelaMeca
That's what hapens when people try to put an AMG engine cover on a non AMG Engine....jk
You're crazy dude!