CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Baller status confirmed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i dont have and sound clips at this time. it is a nice deep low rumble. about half as loud as Bela's. i would put it in between Bela'a and stock actually. it just wakes up the exhaust and engine. the car comes with 3" mandrel bent exhaust tubing so it did not need that much help.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///

Originally Posted by AMGOODNESS
i dont have and sound clips at this time. it is a nice deep low rumble. about half as loud as Bela's. i would put it in between Bela'a and stock actually. it just wakes up the exhaust and engine. the car comes with 3" mandrel bent exhaust tubing so it did not need that much help.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 / E350 Coupe
haha you should hear belas shyt in person you can hear it like 200ft away.
Envious for real.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 PM

CLK55 / E350 Coupe
i have lowered the car more than two inches. 19x8 up front with a 10mm spacer and 19x9.5 out back with a 15mm spacer. The wheels are Rays Master Piece (Rays Engineering) DIA 106, two piece (cast center and forged rim). i have a little rubbing on the rear so i am either going to have to roll the fenders or i am going to have to go with a little bit smaller spacer. i really dont want to buy a fender roller. although you can rent them for about $50 bucks and DIY. rollyourfenders.com rents a kit that includes all the necessary hardware and a heat gun. i will know tomorrow if i will be rolling the fenders. for now i might just have to raise the car up a little

I wouldn't raise it. Its sits almost perfect! The rear could sit a notch lower, but your coil overs are new right? So it will defiantly squat down in the back over the next month a bit, then be oh so sweet. Roll the fenders, your car is sitting great!
Where does it rub onthe tire?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:28 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i have had the coilovers on for almost a year now. i had to go up about 3 turns in the back and two turns up front. each turn is about 1/16th of an inch. up front the car was rubbing on the fender liner. only on huge deeps but still rubbing. right now on the rear i am only running a 10mm spacer and it is still rubbing on on a body joint. it is where the plastic bumper meets the metal of the rear fender.

i am taking the car in the 18th t have the fenders flattened on on the inside, a step further than rolling them. i am also having that body joint reduced to give me some more room. once all that is done she is coming down about again. keep in mind i want to add 5mm of width. so the fender flattening is mandatory.

what is funny is that most people would not even give a damn about 5mm of width. but for me it is like a red flag. when i am done the car will be low, the wheels will set flush, and it will still be able to comfortable carry four people. a little time and money goes a long way.

my GTI is pretty noisy so i wanted to keep this car a little tamer as far as sound is concerned.

are the green filters oiled? i want some high flow filters but not oiled filters. i have replaced my share of MAF sensors due to oiled filters.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by GiZzO
haha you should hear belas shyt in person you can hear it like 200ft away.
Envious for real.
Very True!
I like to scare people when i drive.
Someone recently told me he tought a Big A** Harley was coming his way!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

i have had the coilovers on for almost a year now. i had to go up about 3 turns in the back and two turns up front. each turn is about 1/16th of an inch. up front the car was rubbing on the fender liner. only on huge deeps but still rubbing. right now on the rear i am only running a 10mm spacer and it is still rubbing on on a body joint. it is where the plastic bumper meets the metal of the rear fender.

i am taking the car in the 18th t have the fenders flattened on on the inside, a step further than rolling them. i am also having that body joint reduced to give me some more room. once all that is done she is coming down about again. keep in mind i want to add 5mm of width. so the fender flattening is mandatory.

what is funny is that most people would not even give a damn about 5mm of width. but for me it is like a red flag. when i am done the car will be low, the wheels will set flush, and it will still be able to comfortable carry four people. a little time and money goes a long way.

my GTI is pretty noisy so i wanted to keep this car a little tamer as far as sound is concerned.

are the green filters oiled? i want some high flow filters but not oiled filters. i have replaced my share of MAF sensors due to oiled filters.

Yeah i belive that most of the aftermarket filters are oiled.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM

clk55 amg
how do you like the ride quiality on spacers im running pretty much the same set up as you but not likin the spacers at all.....
Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 PM

if you get hubcentric spacers you should not notice them at all. non-hubcentric spacers will cause a vibration. i have coilovers so i have to run a 10mm spacer up front to clear the coilover perch. to even out the stance i am running a 15mm rear spacer. honestly i can not tell the difference between rolling with them or without them.

i have a good resource for bolts and customer spacers if anyone is interested. they are billet aluminum spacers and my guy can get them in any width for less than $100 a set.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM

clk55 amg
ive got hub centric ones im running lik 15mm in the front jsut to clear the brakes
damn offset was right on the rims lol w.e ima just get bbs lm and call it a day
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM

i opted for the Rays. The LM's were double for the same forged technology. i could not justifying spending that much more money. are you running a rear spacer too?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 AM

clk55 amg
yeah i got hub centric on both it was a pain in the *** to make them both even because of how the amg calipers are in the front but i think ima go smaller next time im running 35's toyos ima go 18's next time staggereed
just drving it in l.a is a pain because of the roads are so bumpy lol i think ima
go LM's i have HRE's but but the ones i got wont clear the whelels welds w.e
i needa redo my interior first though ima have the whole roof inside all tan gucci and the panels CF
Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 PM

it is hard to get the rear flush with the front. i am spending some coin next week to have the rear fender lips flattened so i can run my 9.5's with a 15mm spacer. what i am mostly rubbing on as well is where the sheetmetal meets the plastic bumpers. that joint sticks out pretty far and is rubbing. i am going to have my guy grind that down to give me some extra clearance. when i am done the car will be low and still comfortable.

the roads here are not great either but they dont bother me. the dampening on the KW V1's are amazing. the ride is not choppy, they just gobble up bumps and dips. honestly it rides better than the stock set-up and it is easily 2.5 - 3 inches lower than stock. The stock Bilsteins are just do damn stiff. KW for the win brother. if you really want to improve the ride and look of your car invest in a set.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 AM

clk55 amg
did you still have you amg tips from your exhaust?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM

sold them almost immediately.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Almost a Member!

'07 C230 Sport, '05 CLK55 AMG (Sold)
Ha ha, so I'm spacing out looking between the "before" and "after" pics, thinking, "Handicapped sticker = Baller? Who knew?"

Oh, the many years of hair bleach are catching up with me...
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM

dude you obviously did not read the whole damn post. go back and re-read. then you can remove the foot from your mouth. i have been disabled since 1995. i am a T1 paraplegic hence the accessible placard.

still proud of yourself captain obvious?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

Originally Posted by Stone Cold
Ha ha, so I'm spacing out looking between the "before" and "after" pics, thinking, "Handicapped sticker = Baller? Who knew?"

Oh, the many years of hair bleach are catching up with me...

damn that's messed up....
Old 08-26-2008, 06:42 PM

i will give him the benefit of the doubt but you should never assume you know someone's situation. if he is suggesting that because i had an accident that paralyzed me that somehow makes me whatever he can go "F" himself. it is not like i volunteered for this ish. i just deal with it and try and make the best of it.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

i will give him the benefit of the doubt but you should never assume you know someone's situation. if he is suggesting that because i had an accident that paralyzed me that somehow makes me whatever he can go "F" himself. it is not like i volunteered for this ish. i just deal with it and try and make the best of it.
I love you Bro!
i got your back!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM

hahahaha....i guess that post just caught me wrong. i only have so much patience for ignorance.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///

hahahaha....i guess that post just caught me wrong. i only have so much patience for ignorance.
Hey Bro...
Let me tell you,you probably are menthaly stronger and wiser then most of us here,so do not worry what some people might say.

But i do think that Stone Cold needs to chime in here and say what that was all about.Or Maybe Stone Cold really is...."Stone Cold"
Old 09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 clk 55 amg
looking good a brabus front bumper would complete the car
Old 09-15-2008, 02:23 PM

i will have to check it out. not sure what it looks like to be honest. my next purchase will be a black series steering wheel with the square bottom. the steering wheels that come stock with the AMG are not very nice. MB could take some lessons from BMW here.