CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Fascination Concept (2010 CLK preview)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Well, I've been to the Paris Auto Show and I've seen the 'Fascination'. Unfortunately for future CLK owners, the front end disapoints. It does have a bit of the coffin curse, and even worse it is just too busy and flashy.

Oh well, the next iteration of CLK comes out in, what, 2017?

Interestingly enough, there was no current 209 CLK on display, whereas every other MB model got exposed (albeit some in wannabe hybrid versions).

And, for my two pennies, the rest of the shooting brake doesn't look that bad in real life. I especially liked the interior, which has plenty of traditonal wood and stitched leather.

The big disapointment of the show: no SL 65 Black Series. A youngster wearing a MB shirt explained to me that only 5 had been allocated for France, and that all were already sold.

Apparently you can still buy an SLR 722 roadster or a Maybach Laundalet, since they were conspicuously on the show floor.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by neilbo75
Well, I've been to the Paris Auto Show and I've seen the 'Fascination'. Unfortunately for future CLK owners, the front end disapoints. It does have a bit of the coffin curse, and even worse it is just too busy and flashy.

Oh well, the next iteration of CLK comes out in, what, 2017?

Interestingly enough, there was no current 209 CLK on display, whereas every other MB model got exposed (albeit some in wannabe hybrid versions).

And, for my two pennies, the rest of the shooting brake doesn't look that bad in real life. I especially liked the interior, which has plenty of traditonal wood and stitched leather.

The big disapointment of the show: no SL 65 Black Series. A youngster wearing a MB shirt explained to me that only 5 had been allocated for France, and that all were already sold.

Apparently you can still buy an SLR 722 roadster or a Maybach Laundalet, since they were conspicuously on the show floor.
I think its coming out as a 2010 model.