CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

I need some help, Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
I need some help, Please!

Hi Guys,
I need some help.
I am now having problems measuring the oil level in my 2002 CLK55 AMG. I believe the dipstick was moved/modified to accommodate the S/C. It no longer reads accurately.
Part of the installation procedure for the S/C I had installed was to relocate the dipstick.

I had the oil changed the very next day after the S/C was removed. Monday I was doing routine cleaning, and decided to check the oil level. It was low so I added a quart. It was still low so I added another quart. I left it at ½ a quart low. Well now I get a message that the oil level is too high. But the dipstick reads ½ quart low.

I need to get a picture of the engine bay of a 2002 CLK55 AMG. Specifically I need a close up picture of the right (Passenger side) front section. (From the center of the engine to the right header),

I need to verify the location of the dipstick.
Also need to know the length of the dipstick. If some one could measure there dipstick from the end to the base/sealing surface of the pull handle. (I’m serious here, I don’t need any personal information)

I need this really soon so I can verify that the dipstick is accurate before I blow a seal due to over filling.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Old 01-16-2003, 09:37 AM

CLK55
Hold on one minute...
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 AM

CLK55
Old 01-16-2003, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Great shot!
If you get time could I get the same thing from the front?
There is an aluminum bracket on the front of the engine that holds a sensor it's right next to the Dipstick.
Your dipstick does look like it's in a different location than mine.
Thank you for posting the pic,
Tim
Old 01-16-2003, 10:10 AM

CLK55
Any good? Let me know if you need any other angle or anything else..

Coop
Old 01-16-2003, 10:13 AM

CLK55
Mine is a '01...

Let me take another one from the front. The first one came out blurry...
Old 01-16-2003, 10:27 AM

CLK55
...from the front
Old 01-16-2003, 10:29 AM

CLK55
How is that?
Old 01-16-2003, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
CLK 69
That's great thank you!
I have forwarded this information to HPS.
Now I need to see if they will follow up on it and put my car back the way it is suppose to be.
I really appreciate all the effort,
Thanks a bunch,
Tim
Old 01-16-2003, 10:52 AM

CLK55
Tim

You are more than welcome. Keep us posted & let us know if you need anything else.

Coop
Old 01-16-2003, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
CLK 69,
Thanks again for all your help.
I have yet to hear from HPS. In the mean time I bought a hand pump and pumped out the excess oil. Even though I truely do not went away.
Thanks again,
Tim
Old 01-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Banned

Re: I need some help, Please!

Originally posted by Timster
Hi Guys,
I need some help.
I am now having problems measuring the oil level in my 2002 CLK55 AMG. I believe the dipstick was moved/modified to accommodate the S/C. It no longer reads accurately.
Part of the installation procedure for the S/C I had installed was to relocate the dipstick.

I had the oil changed the very next day after the S/C was removed. Monday I was doing routine cleaning, and decided to check the oil level. It was low so I added a quart. It was still low so I added another quart. I left it at ½ a quart low. Well now I get a message that the oil level is too high. But the dipstick reads ½ quart low.

I need to get a picture of the engine bay of a 2002 CLK55 AMG. Specifically I need a close up picture of the right (Passenger side) front section. (From the center of the engine to the right header),

Also need to know the length of the dipstick. If some one could measure there dipstick from the end to the base/sealing surface of the pull handle. (I’m serious here, I don’t need any personal information)

I need this really soon so I can verify that the dipstick is accurate before I blow a seal due to over filling.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree that there is definitely a scam, but I don't think Timster is to blame...
Old 01-17-2003, 10:10 PM

I’m a forty-year-old African American male
I fail to see how that is in any way associated with what is being discussed here but thanks for sharing

You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?
Wow, you sound like someone who just had to buy back a product that they sold to a customer that did not work
Old 01-18-2003, 02:37 PM
GBD
Almost a Member!

CLK55AMG
Mrdrew.. I don't understand, just what is it Tim got for nothing? How can you compare a SC 430 to a 55 and maybe Tim did not go out and run the **** out of your car, so how would he know how it really performed? WE on this forum know what Tim got for nothing!!
Old 01-19-2003, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
Re: Re: I need some help, Please!

Originally posted by mrdrew
After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.
it seems you do work for HPS, but good try anyway, youve posted this exact message in 4 different places, the least you could do was write something different so that it pertains to what is being discussed here.....
Old 01-19-2003, 03:33 PM

mrdrewz been smoking dope
Old 01-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Banned

Re: I need some help, Please!

Originally posted by Timster
Hi Guys,
I need some help.
Part of the installation procedure for the S/C I had installed was to relocate the dipstick.Dear Tim the reason I describe who I was. I wanted you to know whom you were talking to. So there would be known question on whom was right or wrong. Where is the creditability on the dyno chart? Did the TV hit his head to hard for him to run it right? I can understand why you don’t want to waste your time with me. Why did you welcome me in your house. Offer me something to drink and I chatted with your lawyer friend. Then you turn around say you don’t want to waste my time with me. Because everything I’m stating is correct. I’m asking for you to stand up like a man! Another thing all your friends out there never comment on what you wrote on the car. But instead on my race. Funny I thought we were discussing your supercharger system.

Timster the bottom line is you’re a scam trying to get something free at others expense. Oh by the way your friends on line can insult me as much as they want. But you know I’m telling the truth.

I was reading on another forum, hps would post current rear wheel data. What will you say then? It’s made up – I bet hps will have before / after and contact information. Timster your really embarrasses yourself and losing creditability.

PS I don’t work for hps and please check the IP number!

You can contact me at lavorisdrew@hotmail.com
Mr. Victor Drew

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Old 01-22-2003, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) Other posters are bringing up race because you made the point of identifying your age and race. What was the point?

B) We're not friends of Timster and don't have any incentive to take his side. Most members of this forum were simply seeking forthright reponses from HPS... which never came.

C) HPS might come out with dynos, but (i) they haven't as of yet, and (ii) they have already ruined their credibility on this forum.

D) Your argument about Tim trying to scam HPS and get something for free (or at a discount) dosen't even make any sense.

E) You might have no affiliation with HPS, however, that just makes your position against Tim sound completely ridiculous and motivated by personal issues.

F) We're not insulting you... we're just telling the truth.

G) If there is anybody who deserves an HPS, it's you.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:10 PM

2002 CLK320
I would be seriously POed if someone screwed up my $60K+ car I worked hard to earn. Wouldn't you Mr Drew?

The really problem here is HPS has yet to admit that they sold a defective system, and yes it does occasionally happen. I'm sure this is just 1 out of 100s of HPS chargers that has had this problem, and the others work great, but HPS needs to take care of their customers in order to help spread positive word of mouth, but instead put all the blame solely on the buyer with the help of their golpher.

100s of MB forum readers/posters have read this story on many different forums, and this has done nothing but hurt HPS's rep.

I seriously doubt HPS wants this story passed onto other forums like BMW, Lexus, Hondas, etc so Mr Drew, please shut yo trap before you cause more harm.