CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CD Changer Woes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
CD Changer Woes...

Well did some routine maintance. I changed out original filters with K&N's, swapped out the cabin filter, replaced the wiper, and a side marker bulb.

Figured since I was in the go for it attitude and everything above only took a half an hour. decided to take a closer look at my changer. (The changer works fine, plays CD's, changes and everything) But when you hit the eject bothing nothing happens at all. No noise or anything.

I think the cause of it is a bad Eject Button. My question is simply how do I cut power to the changer so I can remove the button. I would like to do it from a fuse/relay. Don't want to disconnect the negative side term, as don't want to deal with any security code issues or anything.

Any input much appreciated.

TIA.

After i get this sorted out she will be it 100 percent perfect working order.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
If it's the trunk mounted CD changer, it doesn’t have a code. The head unit has one, but not the CD changer. You could disconnect the power, the fiber cable, the couple of screws holding it in, and remove it, but that won't allow you to remove the six disk cartridge. I've found when the changer is uncooperative, pushing the eject button, then tapping the changer with my fingernail is enough of a shock to get it to eject the cartridge.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by MarcusF
If it's the trunk mounted CD changer, it doesn’t have a code. The head unit has one, but not the CD changer. You could disconnect the power, the fiber cable, the couple of screws holding it in, and remove it, but that won't allow you to remove the six disk cartridge. I've found when the changer is uncooperative, pushing the eject button, then tapping the changer with my fingernail is enough of a shock to get it to eject the cartridge.
There is nothing happening at all when the eject button is pushed. No noise at all. I want to remove the button. It looks like it is held in by two screws. Just want to cut power to the changer so I don't get zapped.