CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Evosport Pullies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Evosport Pullies

Hey Guys.

I have a 2000 W208 CLK.

I bought a set of Evosports underdrive pullies and got a shop to fit them. The pullies went on except the power steering pulley. Anyone had this problem?

The problem is the power steering pulley comes with a press-on pulley attached so you cannot easily remove it. The shop said to remove the pulley and fit Evosports one they would have to heat the pulley up and risk damaging the bearings so they wouldn't do it.

I spoke to another shop and they said they would use a special tool to get the pulley off from behind as the nut on the front doesn't do a thing and it is 5-6hrs labour!!

Is there another way?
Is there another power steering pump that fits our cars where the pulley comes off?

The labour is twice the price of the pullies!

Here's a pic of the pulley in question.
Attached Thumbnails Evosport Pullies-23092009234.jpg   Evosport Pullies-23092009235.jpg   Evosport Pullies-23092009237.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Yes you need a special tool to R&R that pulley. PTE talks about it here

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...t-help-me.html

He likes the KD brand tool. When I did my pulleys I borrowed a snap on tool from a friend that looks totally different then the KD design but worked easily for me. I was able to do it without removing the power steering pump and it only took about 20 minutes. If you have the pump out it should be pretty easy with the proper tool. The shop is correct the nut on the front has nothing to do with removing the pulley.

Unlike PTE I did have to remove the alternator. Mine was on so tight I broke two strap wrenches before giving up and pulling the whole alternator out of the car.

Last edited by suicidal4life; 09-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Hey thanks Suicidal.

I've got the other 2 pullies on already just the power steering pump to go.
20mins sounds alot better! The pulley is still on the car so I'll leave it on. I'll try and find that Snap-on tool to use .
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e430
loosening the powersteering pulley

i know this is an old post, but for people who still need some help in the future, to remove the powersteering pulley out, just go to autozone and rent their pulley puller, once you have it in ur hands, there are two half moons that hug the center of the pulley and a nut that goes in between them plus a round metal piece that hugs the half moons together (dont use that round peice) get some pressure plyers and press them tightly together then bolt on the long screw on the nut thats inside the half moons, finally hold the bottom nut with a wrench and with an impact wrench give the top of the screw some hell, loosening it untill the pulley comes out with ease https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif