CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

2001 clk55 amg with a HPS supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
If still in the game for this car, you may want to search for a member here called Josh K. I think that he had both of theses units at one point. Always seemed helpful as well.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Originally Posted by BalboaIslanddud
Why don't you just calm down. Instead of calling it a piece of crap and lets try to help Peter. This guy is buying a car off the internet with an HPS blower. Now, If the HPS supercharger has been on the car for years then it must not be a piece of crap? Because if it was then he would of removed the blower. This is common sense.

I hate to tell you all companies have problems not only HPS, but Kleemann, Carlsson, and Renntech.

Kleemann - https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...5-what-do.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...emann-s-c.html

Good luck with your Renntech Kit
I have no reason to calm down. Someone called me out for asking the OP to use search.

As to my renntech kit ... 11.8 with starting in 2nd gear and stil spinning out. close to 50k miles on it and no problems. but thanks for your concern.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by peter7907
Hi all,

Just wanted to say, that the whole process of this forum is been great. The early comments spurred me on to find out as much as i could about HPS.

I spoke to several guys that have had the Gen 1 system and of course they had good and some not so good comments, which lead me to call Adam at HPS. He was great, he spent as much time as i needed to get a clear picture. His most useful of suggestion was, "is it the original equipment and get it checked out by a reputable and knowledgeable supercharger shop".

Long story short, the CLK did not pas the first stage, and that was a simple inspection of the car at a MB shop. I did find a shop www.alteredatmosphere.com that was going to do a complete diagnosis of supercharger, but of the deal never materialized due to failing the MB shop inspection.

Thanks again
Peter;

These forums are very useful collecting information about a product or company. Neverless, there are some people with a hidden agenda. Just be careful which ever direction you chose. One member mention Kleemann, they have problems just like everyone else. If you noticed nobody bothered to reply to the Kleemann threads where a guy blow his motor. Since you are a newbie just understand just about every company has had 1 or 2 bad apples.

Good luck on your future project!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:35 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by SLK55R
I have no reason to calm down. Someone called me out for asking the OP to use search.

As to my renntech kit ... 11.8 with starting in 2nd gear and stil spinning out. close to 50k miles on it and no problems. but thanks for your concern.
SLK55R;

I think everyone gets called out on these forums. Its how we handle it as mature adults. I figure you want to jump through your computer and strangle someone if you could. I personally like HPS because I know Jim from MecTech. I would of bought a kit a while back but the economy hit me really hard. That is why I'm in the market for a used kit. Until then I will flip flop on here and benzworld.

Nice numbers in 2nd gear.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by SLK55R

So instead of "boo hoo why do you just tell him to use search?" why don't you do a detailed analysis for him instead.
If I knew enough to give him one I would. I never tell anyone to use the search button. They can figure that out on their own. The OP is not asking for permission to use the search button, he is looking for advice and help.

If you never planed on giving your reason why saying it was crap, why say anything at all?