CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

got B service two weeks ago, car won't start today.. =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 clk55 amg
got B service two weeks ago, car won't start today.. =(

i have an 03 clk 55, got my b service at ~60k miles about 2 weeks ago (at a ridonculous price of $660). i was looking over the list, seems like they barely do any actual maintenance. besides the oil change and a little lubrication, it was all "inspect this and that" with an extra charge attached. oh well, i knew id be payin out my *** to have this car. anyways, i took my car out to grab a bite. it started up fine, ran fine. i got my food, came out to my car and the damn thing wouldnt start. the engine would crank, but it wouldn't turn. i had to have it towed home. im gonna have the dealer pick it up later today.

now my question is, shouldnt they have been able to pick up on something like this? at least give me a warning with such a comprehensive inspection? i just want to know if im justified in saying that they didn't do a complete job... or is it something that shouldn't be picked up on during a b service? thanks ppl
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
$$$

Reference Sensor? When they die car won't fire up.

$30 from autohaus. I bought one and put it in my trunk for that special moment when mine dies
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by YAOrehan
. . . . . . . now my question is, shouldnt they have been able to pick up on something like this? at least give me a warning with such a comprehensive inspection? i just want to know if im justified in saying that they didn't do a complete job... or is it something that shouldn't be picked up on during a b service? thanks ppl
If the CPS failed, no. There is no way to determine when a TPS will fail. Some last forever, others last a few short years. If the dealer replaces it, the part lists for $132 and they probably have a minimal fee they can charge - an hour for diagnostics and an hour for installation sounds about right. If you simply replace it yourself, you'll be done in 30 minutes and the (non-dealer, but same) part costs forty bucks.

Hey, somebody has to pay to keep the lights on.