CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

testing the water bs kit for w209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mk4 golf gti ,dream car clk bs
testing the water bs kit for w209

hi i am from across the pond and have been searching for hours endlessly for a bs kit for a w209 clk and have managed to find a small company who produce them but are very pricey at around 30k usd but i am proposing to make reproductions of this kit in either fiberglass or carbon fibre at extra cost and i obviously understand the rear quarters would not be able to be cf due to having to be blended to rear quarters although could be possible i am just writing to see how many people would be interested as i dont want to waste my time i would aim to make the fiberglass kit for a reasonable price hoping to be under 8k usd but have yet to work out cost for carbon but am unsure if i would even bother making a cf version , this would be for kit only and and other modifications for track widening etc would have to be your own doing unfortunatly, although the best bet for the easiest solution would be to have custom wheels made with large offsets,dishes blaaa blaaa blaa you get what i mean
thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by mr-bongo
hi i am from across the pond and have been searching for hours endlessly for a bs kit for a w209 clk and have managed to find a small company who produce them but are very pricey at around 30k usd but i am proposing to make reproductions of this kit in either fiberglass or carbon fibre at extra cost and i obviously understand the rear quarters would not be able to be cf due to having to be blended to rear quarters although could be possible i am just writing to see how many people would be interested as i dont want to waste my time i would aim to make the fiberglass kit for a reasonable price hoping to be under 8k usd but have yet to work out cost for carbon but am unsure if i would even bother making a cf version , this would be for kit only and and other modifications for track widening etc would have to be your own doing unfortunatly, although the best bet for the easiest solution would be to have custom wheels made with large offsets,dishes blaaa blaaa blaa you get what i mean
thanks
Who are you?
You might want to introduce yourself since nobody knows you on the forum. The way you proceeded with just 1 post I highly doubt anyone will take you seriously.
Use the search function and you'll find plenty of threads regarding BS kits. Oh & btw I've never heard of a BS kit for going fpr 30k. I spotted a company in Queens selling the BS parts for 10k.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)

That was quite the laugh after reading your post.
check out parts.com
I could source all the black series body parts, have it installed and painted for a third of your price and it will be OEM pieces. Nice try.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
How do you take someone with a name Mr. Bongo seriously.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by ecampbell
How do you take someone with a name Mr. Bongo seriously.

But I guess he got the message, he hasn't been back since
Old 09-01-2011, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209, E46 M3 (dead), S54 swapped E46 Touring
large offsets? lol

the higher the offset the more sunk in

i did enjoy the laugh while reading this though. thank you mr-bongo
Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
8-10k to be a poser? No thanks.

Rather put that towards the real deal.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Mr Bongo I asked this question a while back too, it is a very interesting project but 10k is too much. Unless a company mass produces their own kit and people buy it it's not worth it. Then there's installation. It won't handle like a BS but I guess the look is good

Regarding the poser comment, the W209 looks like **** without the BS kit so no, it's not posing unless he labels it Black Series. The W209 is one of the most girly cars and looks retardedly narrow, the BS kit turns an ugly POS into a sporty, exotic looking sports car. The CLK is NOTHING without the BS kit. Only girls want to drive around in a CLK320 Cabrio which looks really MEAN it's really going to intimidate all the rabbits and cats in your neighborhood.

This project is AWESOME, but you'll be a guinea pig doing it with no real support which sucks because I really wanted to. Get a CLK500 at least or a 55 or even a 63 to do it to though because the V6s are just a pile of fruitbags.

LOL I really feel sorry for a man who has to drive that.......with his buddies sitting next to him.....
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
E500slr - many cars are tailored to appeal to ladies and men depending on wheels/color/interior choices....... it's nothing new.
A BS is a sweet ride, but is a bit over the top for some people, and can draw too much attn for a daily driver choice.
Perhaps you could spend a little time in the w209 section to see the beautiful w209's rolling around here.

I do agree that white vert is a bit weak... but with some tasteful mods it too can be a nice ride....... springs, wheels, big brake kit.... etc....

My 04clk55 suits me fine for daily driver status. It flys under the radar for punk theives, and LEO's most of the time...... and I've always had a thing for sleepers..... which my car qualifies....... you would never think I have over 450rwhp in my little single exhaust "ugle POS" as you put it.

Don't hate, appreciate!

Last edited by betrezra; 09-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by e500slr
Regarding the poser comment, the W209 looks like **** without the BS kit so no, it's not posing unless he labels it Black Series. The W209 is one of the most girly cars and looks retardedly narrow, the BS kit turns an ugly POS into a sporty, exotic looking sports car. The CLK is NOTHING without the BS kit. Only girls want to drive around in a CLK320 Cabrio which looks really MEAN it's really going to intimidate all the rabbits and cats in your neighborhood.
It is posing, plain and simple. No different than putting Cobra bumpers on a mustang GT or WS6/SS hoods on F-bodies.

Does that make the E500 the epitome of masculinity?

You mention the CLK320 Cabrio, last time I checked this is in the AMG section If my car is nothing and an "ugly pos" then why does it turn heads every day?

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 09-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.