CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Kleemann Blower guys - Specific Pic request please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G55k
I haven't seen it anywhere other than Kleemann installs. You could contact Kleemann directly to see if they would sell you just the hose.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
Originally Posted by BonitaBeast
I haven't seen it anywhere other than Kleemann installs. You could contact Kleemann directly to see if they would sell you just the hose.
http://www.gatesgx.com/earning-points/
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 AM

2008 G55k
Here's a quick update on my install. The car is running very strong now. Idling has also gotten smoother and the sound is more "fine". I would describe it as a faster "burbling" sound like someone is gargling mouthwash but a lower tone and louder because of the headers.

However, there is still a very very minor hiccup that is noticeable by sound and feel every couple of seconds. Like a minor shudder or shake. I could be nitpicking now but I want it to be perfect. Other than this, it idles nicely at about 600 rpm while in gear and about 700 or 750 in neutral or park.

Also, when I step on the gas slightly to make the car crawl at snail pace (parking lot speed) at about 1000rpm, the engine begins to "hunt" ever so slightly. I get it to stop by stepping on the brake to get the car to go to "idle" speed.

I'm trying to figure out what might be causing this. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. It's one of those things that is very minor but can get annoying.

I'll try to get a video of it in a bit so it's easier to visualize if I haven't described it properly.

Last edited by BonitaBeast; 10-15-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 AM

2008 G55k
Misfiring pretty much gone now during idle. Only a minor "hunting" is left when the engine is just above idle speed 800-1200RPM.

Might this be a sign of brake booster issues? Could this be the vacuum leak or problem?

Here's the scenario:
While stopped (foot on brake), Tranny in Neutral or Drive, I raise the RPM to a steady 1000, minor hunting occurs. While still stepping on the brake, I increase rpm slowly above 1000 and the brake depresses further without me adding pressure on the pedal. Is this normal?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 AM

2008 G55k
NOW it's done!!!!!! This is how it is supposed to run!

I will explain everything I had to do to resolve it. And yes, it was installer error (AGAIN), that I had to correct.

At least it's done and running perfectly!! The car starts up and sounds completely stock. The only time you know there's anything extra under the hood is when step on the throttle and hear the howl of the supercharger. The headers add a little bit of volume but not much.

Let's just say, I have a huge grin from ear to ear now. No issues to report any longer.

Thanks to Cory @ Kleemann for all the online support he gave!! And everyone's input on this board was a big help as well. Thank you!

Now I can enjoy the truck!!