CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

HPS Vs. Kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPS Vs. Kleemann

Ok so i just noticed the big difference in price and I guess it compensates for the HP numbers that the kleemann puts out. I know HPS offers a 4 year warranty on their kit, but i'm not sure the warranty is with the Kleemann. I just want to know if its really worth putting out the extra money for the Kleemann. Personally i'm fine with 450hp that the HPS puts out, but hey 4k more for 100 more hp. Can i get some feedback on these superchargers.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:03 AM

05 sl600, 06 CLS55 AMG, 1971 Cuda
I have The Kleemann on my car for 23000 miles. I have been very happy with it. Email me if you have any questions
Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: HPS Vs. Kleemann

Originally posted by vmsturbo
I just want to know if its really worth putting out the extra money for the Kleemann.
Yes it's worth it!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:18 PM

Re: HPS Vs. Kleemann

Originally posted by vmsturbo
Ok so i just noticed the big difference in price and I guess it compensates for the HP numbers that the kleemann puts out. I know HPS offers a 4 year warranty on their kit, but i'm not sure the warranty is with the Kleemann. I just want to know if its really worth putting out the extra money for the Kleemann. Personally i'm fine with 450hp that the HPS puts out, but hey 4k more for 100 more hp. Can i get some feedback on these superchargers.
Supposedly, HPS recently came out with improvements to their old design. Let's see if they can back up their improvements w/ dynos. Anyhow, it's worth doing some research on. But imho, kleemann has a more refined system. Maybe HPS is not far behind... time will tell.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:46 PM

I know the guys over at HPS and have experience with their system. Here is the lowdown.

I wouldn't call it HPS vs Kleemann though. They are different systems on a different budget level.

Bill is a very knowledgeable engineer. Adam and Bill has helped my friend and me personally with issues we had or were having, even with my own vehicle with their system.

Their system runs very strong for a non-intercooled product.

The system will run even better with an aftercooler of the water to air or air to air type, like a Vortech aftercooler.

There is plenty of room between the outlet of the supercharger and the inlet by the manifold to fit this.

I personnally worked on the HPS system and the fit and finish is excellent. I even have a few of their components in my system.

They have dynoed these systems and have tuned the MAF calibrations where needed. They have custom intercooled certain cars with great success.

I am in no way discounting the Kleemann system, for I have never installed or driven a Kleemann car.

I am just saying that with the proper tuning, their system will perform.

The Kleemann system is running more boost and is intercooled. If without a doubt produces more HP, but that also comes with a price.

I hope this helps. PM is you have any other questions regarding my experiences.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sajecw

Are you talking about the new HPS system (MP112) or the older system (MP113)? When you said you have experience with them?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:33 PM

The older system.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:39 PM

MB & BMW
Both systems are great, but 450 hp!! Now thats fast...