CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

M113 Kleemann HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E55 amd W209 CLK55-kleemann
M113 Kleemann HELP!!

I installed a Kleemann SC kit on my W209 CLK55 a little over a month ago. Just now really get a chance to drive it hard. It's got good power and torque. I'm experiencing a heavy hic up (kinda random like fuel cut for a split second) during gradual accel and sometime hard accelerate. I notice it happen when my boost gauge around 1-3psi randomly. I resolve all new Densl platinum plugs, mad sensor, split second maf voltage clamp, walbro inline fuel pump and Vortech 10:1 fmu. Problem still there randomly. Sometime when I accel hard, the entire vehicle just suddenly jerk / fuel cut like then I let off the accel then it's back to normal. No check engine ok and no codes when I scanned it. Any ideas from Kleemann supercharger owner? Do I need to do anything to the stock fuel system? Thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
I've have had my Kleemann Supercharger for 6 years, so I've overcome similar situations in the past. I'm going to ask some questions and make some comments:
  • Where you ever in Wide Open Throttle when you experience this?
  • Does this happen when you shift gears? If so, which gears?
  • What condition are your tires (brand, model, miles on them)?
  • Do you have a LSD?
  • When you experienced the throttle cutting out, did the yellow "ESP" triangle in the dash flash (ESP can cut the throttle)?
  • Did you turn "Off" the ESP before you experienced this stuttering (this will allow more wheel spin but is never really off, only reduced; Dyno Mode can disable it).
  • Do you have a ECU tune (this updates the Torque Management Settings; you car may sense too much torque and cuts back power to preserve the transmission; updating these settings will overcome this problem)? If so, from who?
  • Do you have a TCU tune (more torque management settings)? If so, from who?
  • Did Kleemann do the install? If not, did Cory from Kleemann ever inspect it?
  • How is the E55 air intake Y pipe, MAF and 90 degree elbow configured (W209 does not give much room between the intake and firewall, so if it's at an angle, you may have a air leak; I had to make a custom intake overcome this issue)?
The following 3 users liked this post by 2MCHCAR:
Ahmed (08-07-2022), Chris Huynh (06-10-2017), GatorMB (06-14-2017)
Old 06-10-2017, 02:13 PM

2MCHCAR, thanks for taking the time to help me. Ok, to start answering your questions from top to bottom. First of, a little about me. I've been working on car for 15 years now and manage a reputable repair shop of 9 tech. I've own and tune imports in the pass, later into BMW's M3 (a few) & now Mercedes. I install the Kleemann SC myself, it wasn't that hard. So to answer your questions:
* Yes, sometime at WOT and sometime partial open throttle when this happen.
* Don't recall this being happening in manual mode because I usually drive in "S" (I'll try in Manual mode now and let you know)
* Tires are Hankook V12 and nearly new
* NO LSD, stock rear end
* The ESP Triangle did not flash or come on when this happen
* I never turn off my ESP (I'll try it with ESP off and let you know)
* I ask Brandon and Cory about ECU tuning, they say this kit originally come with FMU to manage fuel / boost ratio so no need for ecu tuning. But ecu tuning would make it better. So even without ecu tuning, it should perform normal.
* No TCU tune and I didn't know about the Torque management in these TCM would be an issue to how the car behave.
* I understand about the tightness in space near the firewall for these W209, the E55 intake fitment is perfect for me. I've suspect it might be an issue at this area but I've been drilling my head into it for days. But for sure it's good and no boost leak.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR
I've have had my Kleemann Supercharger for 6 years, so I've overcome similar situations in the past. I'm going to ask some questions and make some comments:
  • Where you ever in Wide Open Throttle when you experience this?
  • Does this happen when you shift gears? If so, which gears?
  • What condition are your tires (brand, model, miles on them)?
  • Do you have a LSD?
  • When you experienced the throttle cutting out, did the yellow "ESP" triangle in the dash flash (ESP can cut the throttle)?
  • Did you turn "Off" the ESP before you experienced this stuttering (this will allow more wheel spin but is never really off, only reduced; Dyno Mode can disable it).
  • Do you have a ECU tune (this updates the Torque Management Settings; you car may sense too much torque and cuts back power to preserve the transmission; updating these settings will overcome this problem)? If so, from who?
  • Do you have a TCU tune (more torque management settings)? If so, from who?
  • Did Kleemann do the install? If not, did Cory from Kleemann ever inspect it?
  • How is the E55 air intake Y pipe, MAF and 90 degree elbow configured (W209 does not give much room between the intake and firewall, so if it's at an angle, you may have a air leak; I had to make a custom intake overcome this issue)?
Ok, here's the update after a few days of driving impression. This heavy fuel cut like symptoms usually occur about half to full throttle. Even happen with ESP off and also in Manual Mode. I notice it occur more in 3rd and 4th gear. It normally happen when boost began to raise around 2-3psi, you feel the power pick up then sudden a heavy everything just pause and the entire jerk back then back to normal again... it's getting pretty annoying. Can I ask if you have your ECU tune or stock with FMU set up?
Old 06-14-2017, 02:06 PM

Ok, I got the Check Engine light finally came on. I scanned it and it came up with P20d4- Load limit active. Do you or anyone has any idea?
Old 06-15-2017, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
That jerking sounds like the ESP kicking in, but if you are saying that you don't see the yellow triangle flash on the dash, then that's not it.

Did your Kleemann Kit come with new injectors? Usually a ECU tune is required whenever the injectors are updated.

I have a Kleemann ECU tune and a Eurocharged TCU tune; I believe that they configured the Torque Settings to the max (736+ Ft/lbs). For the FMU, I had Cory install a Boost-a-pump running on the OEM Fuel Pump.

You may have a torque limit issue, your car is NA stock, so adding a supercharger is giving you way more torque than the ECU is expecting. Although the limiter is there to protect the transmission, I have a CLK500 transmission and been running a supercharger for 6 years with no issues (I make sure maintenance is done on time).

I googled the code P20d4 and found several hits on MBworld in the W211 E55 forums; they were saying something to the effect that a recall in 2008 required an update to the ECU and that ///AMG added torque limiters to the update. After that when they started adding pullies, they experienced the jerking you mentioned and received the same code.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:54 AM

That make sense... I purchased the kit pre-owned. The kit originally used he yellow injectors which is my stock w209 CLK55 injectors. I also use an inline booster fuel pump. I believe you're correct about the ecu and tcm tune. To correct the torque limit. I'll schedule that with the guys at Solo Motorsport here in Atlanta GA..
Old 08-06-2022, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Originally Posted by Chris Huynh
That make sense... I purchased the kit pre-owned. The kit originally used he yellow injectors which is my stock w209 CLK55 injectors. I also use an inline booster fuel pump. I believe you're correct about the ecu and tcm tune. To correct the torque limit. I'll schedule that with the guys at Solo Motorsport here in Atlanta GA..
was this fixed through a tune? I have load limit active p2d40 or whatever the code is after installing a e55 blower on a e500. My data logs only read about -2.9 psi when the throttle cut happens and the car jerks.

I was able to get up to 4-5 psi on a turbo setup on a cl55 swapped w215 before with few modifications. However that car had ecu and tcu tunes..
Old 08-17-2022, 03:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W220 S500L
Originally Posted by ctravis595
was this fixed through a tune? I have load limit active p2d40 or whatever the code is after installing a e55 blower on a e500. My data logs only read about -2.9 psi when the throttle cut happens and the car jerks.

I was able to get up to 4-5 psi on a turbo setup on a cl55 swapped w215 before with few modifications. However that car had ecu and tcu tunes..

Hi mate woudl be keen to learn more about your M113k blower you put on your M113 do you have anything i can follow or see more about this awesome project, i have a spare m113k blower and a ML55 im interested in exploring this option.