CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Opinions Needed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Opinions Needed!!

I am seriously considering swapping my "big star" grill for the C55 "no star" grill. What do you guys think? I see everybody add the the CL grill to their W211's & I want to do something a little different. I checked it out and they are compatible, but I have to find a way to mount the large chrome strip at the front lip of the hood. I think it will look clean, but before I jump in with both feet I would like a little feedback. Please be honest as I know you will!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
LOL, i was planning on buying the CLK grill sometime soon for the C55, i LOVE the way the CLK grill looks!!! haha. lets trade! :p
Old 08-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK55 Cabriolet, 2007 GL450
Big Star

The CLK "Big Star" grill adds a bit of "class and refinement". Keep it.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
The clk star makes the car look nice and elegant, extremely classy. At first i liked it, but I wanted to do something more to make it more aggressive. So basically I remolded the grill without the star and painted the grill the same color as the car. Looks very similar to the brabus grill. I think my starless grill looks great and compliments the brabus kit, but if it was a stock car, i would stick with the big star. Ive seen some people keep the star grill but repaint the chrome strip to match the bodys color. Hope this helps
Old 08-10-2004, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Mark,

I have a suggestion, how about painting the chrome strips along the grill black color to match the rest of it while you leave the star chrome, im sure it will look better since the chrome strips sort of take away from the grills appearance, it should make the grill look bigger.

but then again if you are toying with the idea of a C55 grill im sure you want the chrome strips right? i dunno just a suggestion i have yet to see someone do it and if i do it it will void the warrany on my drivetrain, house, pets, hair care products etc etc.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Tezta
Mark,

I have a suggestion, how about painting the chrome strips along the grill black color to match the rest of it while you leave the star chrome, im sure it will look better since the chrome strips sort of take away from the grills appearance, it should make the grill look bigger..
that would look really nice if it was a black car.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally Posted by AMG BRED
that would look really nice if it was a black car.
it would look nice on your car too
Old 08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
we need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
Originally Posted by BrabusClK04
The clk star makes the car look nice and elegant, extremely classy. At first i liked it, but I wanted to do something more to make it more aggressive. So basically I remolded the grill without the star and painted the grill the same color as the car. Looks very similar to the brabus grill. I think my starless grill looks great and compliments the brabus kit, but if it was a stock car, i would stick with the big star. Ive seen some people keep the star grill but repaint the chrome strip to match the bodys color. Hope this helps
I know I am digging up an old post, but could you tell me what materials you used to mod the grill?......I am looking for a Brabus grill for my W209, and if I cannot find one I will modify an existing one......thnx