CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W208 CLK55 AMG M113 Supercharge Conversion HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 02:36 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
These are fantastic pictures, thanks Alex! I will use these for reference, much appreciated!! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-22-2022, 02:37 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE
Kaleb great work so far pal, keep it up. There is a performance auto shop located in West Virginia called "Modern Masters" who do a lot of Mercedes and AMG builds. They actually just did this exact same thing you are doing on an ML500 and used a lot of VRP parts. If you type in "Modern Masters Auto" on youtube you should be able to find the short video of it. I would give them a call and ask them about that ML500. Im sure they would be happy to help answer any technical questions you may have about your build.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas! looking forward to updates as you go

Thanks for the support! I appreciate the heads up with that shop in West Virginia, I'll look into it. Merry Christmas!!
The following users liked this post:
PHILLYCLSJOE (12-24-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 03:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w208 M113K
Originally Posted by Kaleb Bailey
Thanks for the support! I appreciate the heads up with that shop in West Virginia, I'll look into it. Merry Christmas!!
I wish you a good Christmas with lots of gifts and happiness don't you know if you have a problem I know all the secrets for this modification!! all the wishes!!
A++++ !
Kaleb Bailey (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:23 AM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Okay so another interesting update,

I can't believe I over-looked it, but the stock fuel rail from the W208 will not fit the supercharger. I will be ordering the correct one,
I have the heat exchanger mounted, still need to clearance for the front bumper.
I have the fuel feed line ran, not permanently mounted yet.
I have to run the fuel return line (waiting for new line to ship) as the other line is not long enough.
The supercharger surge tank gaskets are in rough shape, so I will order new ones.
Whoever previously owned this supercharger used the wrong bolt and bent it like crazy, I will be ordering a replacement from the dealer.
I have sorted how to hide the fuel lines well, including the FPR, but I am concerned about the hole in the firewall not being large enough. This is something I will make work though.
I also still need to drill holes in the spare tire area for the fuel feed and return lines to the filter and tank.

In the mean time, I will be waiting for everything to come in so I can spend a day or 2 to really focus on the project and just finish through it. Hopefully I will have a start-up before the end of January! I appreciate everyone's help and support thus far!! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone!
PHILLYCLSJOE (12-24-2022)
Old 01-13-2023, 01:39 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Part order update,

STILL waiting for VRP to ship the pulley, MSC LTH should be here within a month to a month and a half (could be sooner).

In the mean time, I ordered:

Boost gauge
Oil pressure gauge
Fuel pressure gauge
Wideband O2 + AF/R gauge
Intake tubing, couplers, air boxes to finish headlight intake
Lowering springs
Bilstein B8 shocks

HELP NEEDED
Anyone aware of a "one-step colder" plug out there for NA M113? I read somewhere in these forums that the M113K plugs sit too low in the combustion chamber so they are not compatible with the NA M113. Let me know if this is correct or incorrect. Otherwise I will be buying the OE plugs and just re-gap them lower than stock.
PHILLYCLSJOE (01-13-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:51 AM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Another update,

Came across a good deal on a ported blower snout and 82mm TB with the adapter plate.

So I guess I will be running an 82mm TB now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kaleb Bailey:
alexis lehavre (02-09-2023), PHILLYCLSJOE (01-18-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 02:30 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Back again,

Finally got a response with a time estimate from both VRP and MSC that the LTHs and Pulley should be here in roughly 2 weeks.

That being said, I should add I have received everything else mentioned prior AND I added another couple of things...
I ordered a flex fuel kit for E85 as well as rear adjustable camber arms which are also already with the rest of the parts.

I am truly hoping to have dyno numbers around the week of March 27th for everyone here that is as curious as I am. However, given shipping times, labor time, and time to order additional gaskets, etc, I am not 100% certain if I will have the car back together and running properly to get it to Chicago for dyno tuning that week.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kaleb Bailey:
alexis lehavre (02-09-2023), PHILLYCLSJOE (02-09-2023), VictoryRoadPerformance (02-15-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W215
Hello

Back again,

Finally got a response with a time estimate from both VRP and MSC that the LTHs and Pulley should be here in roughly 2 weeks.

That being said, I should add I have received everything else mentioned prior AND I added another couple of things...
I ordered a flex fuel kit for E85 as well as rear adjustable camber arms which are also already with the rest of the parts.

I am truly hoping to have dyno numbers around the week of March 27th for everyone here that is as curious as I am. However, given shipping times, labor time, and time to order additional gaskets, etc, I am not 100% certain if I will have the car back together and running properly to get it to Chicago for dyno tuning that week.
Hello What is the latest situation in practice? Were you able to start the compressor
Old 02-27-2023, 04:38 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Hello!

Unfortunately no start yet, as I am STILL waiting for the headers from MSC and the Pulley from VRP. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly annoyed by it, but at the end of the day it is what it is.

In the meantime, I did have some new rear bearings come in for the supercharger unit itself and am in the process of completely tearing it apart to clean and rebuild it for preventative maintenance.

I try to post videos and pictures once a week when I am doing stuff to the car to my Instagram, but I do not want to share it here as I do not know the forums rules/stipulations for doing such.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w208 M113K
Hello!

Unfortunately no start yet, as I am STILL waiting for the headers from MSC and the Pulley from VRP. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly annoyed by it, but at the end of the day it is what it is.

In the meantime, I did have some new rear bearings come in for the supercharger unit itself and am in the process of completely tearing it apart to clean and rebuild it for preventative maintenance.

I try to post videos and pictures once a week when I am doing stuff to the car to my Instagram, but I do not want to share it here as I do not know the forums rules/stipulations for doing such.
Hello ! you managed to find the rear bearings I have already changed a real hassle to remove them they are glued to epoxy you have to heat it is terrible to do do you have the address for the bearings I bought a complete engine 52k the SL55 fell in the port on the fresh water side, I will disassemble to see the condition THANK A+++++

Old 02-27-2023, 08:01 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG
I can relate to your frustration, it took Moscow supercharge over 6 months for mine to arrive. They will come so just be patient. I got them about 1.5 years ago and still haven't installed them so you may beat me to it.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:01 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK55
Hello!

I should have warned you about MSC. They're are amazing headers and sound phenomenal! Especially for the price but you will have to be patient it unfortunately took mine about 8 or 9 month for me to get them. They are worth it, I paired it with a true dual exhaust with an H-pipe
Old 03-01-2023, 05:01 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by alexis lehavre
Hello ! you managed to find the rear bearings I have already changed a real hassle to remove them they are glued to epoxy you have to heat it is terrible to do do you have the address for the bearings I bought a complete engine 52k the SL55 fell in the port on the fresh water side, I will disassemble to see the condition THANK A+++++

Good find! The rear bearing supplier I was in contact with is here: https://www.frictionlesseuros.com/pr...build-bearings

He has stayed in touch with me and while my supercharger is disassembled, I will see if there are other bearing numbers I can provide him (if there are any others he hasn't had already) and he said he would ship me replacements for free as thanks. That way anyone with M113K will now have someone to go to as a bearing replacement supplier.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:22 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE
I can relate to your frustration, it took Moscow supercharge over 6 months for mine to arrive. They will come so just be patient. I got them about 1.5 years ago and still haven't installed them so you may beat me to it.
Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow
I should have warned you about MSC. They're are amazing headers and sound phenomenal! Especially for the price but you will have to be patient it unfortunately took mine about 8 or 9 month for me to get them. They are worth it, I paired it with a true dual exhaust with an H-pipe
I appreciate the re-assurance from both of you! I have actually had zero frustration with MSC specifically, they have continued to be amazing with customer support and contacting me with questions about my build to give recommendations such as a Pierburg CWA100-2 to replace the Bosch 010 Pump for the split cooling to increase fluid flow from 27L/min to 39L/min. I will most likely pair this with a Mishimoto thermostat to keep temperatures as low as possible. The mishimoto has been proven to let car sit at 80C and lower as opposed to 90+ C. I am very excited to see the headers and it honestly isn't the biggest deal in the world if the headers come in later (other than I am not able to have dyno numbers or any pulls for y'all until then, as the car will not have a proper dyno tune to take advantage. It will only have my own self-adjusted tune to run safely enough to drive on the street for regular driving conditions but It won't be doing anything crazy).

Pretty much all of my frustrations are with VRP. Back when I first made my order (mid November I believe), I received everything in the kit but the pulley within the first week. Some time went by and I emailed asking for an update on the pulleys (not complaining at this point, just genuinely curious so I could assemble a timeline for the build) on November 28th. Their response was that the pulley was wrapping up in production and they would ship it out as soon as it arrives. I emailed back on December 7th asking if it may be shipping out that week to which their response was that they hoped to have it shipped out to me BEFORE Christmas. I waited until January 23 to email again (I emailed both MSC for the first time and VRP again just to get an update to see where things are at) and ask about delivery times as we are approaching certain deadlines for me and I am at a standstill. VRP responded and said that the pulley is in production right now and gave me another timeline of an additional 2 to 4 weeks. It is now March 1st and I still have not received any notification of shipping, confirmation that the pulley is even done, etc. This is where my frustration with VRP has come from.

I will say however, that they have also been extremely helpful with answering questions regarding their other products and have always been quick with shipping otherwise. I have no animosity towards the company, but I absolutely have some frustration and confusion with them right now.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Id like to apologize for the delay on getting you the last of the parts you needed, Unfortunately our production schedule didn't allow us to get them in as quickly as we would have liked. They were shipped on 3/6 via USPS, you should have received tracking.
Old 03-08-2023, 04:48 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
I have received the parts not too long ago! I look forward to doing business with you guys in the future as well. Thank you so much!
Old 03-15-2023, 11:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK430
Bump... Looking forward to hearing more about the finished product and results!
Old 03-16-2023, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Yup same here.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:07 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by INEEDIT
Bump... Looking forward to hearing more about the finished product and results!
Originally Posted by tlambert
Yup same here.
Appreciate the support guys! Here's a picture dump of everything going on so far with progress. I have so much free time coming up soon after my final exams. Assuming I have all the parts I needed now, I am really, really hoping to have a start up within the next 2 or 3 weeks. It could be much sooner too. Power-wise, it will be around what the stock M113K makes plus some from the extra compression. Once my LTH come in, I will have a dyno run with bigger numbers.

INEEDIT (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK430
So it seems self explanatory but the VRP conversion kit will require us to purchase the 113k compressor and then from there you can bolt it onto the NA 113 with whatever else you need to adapt the two systems? ECU, Fuel, TCU?

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a low mileage 02 CLK 55. Upgrades like this just have me spinning on what could be.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:50 AM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by INEEDIT
So it seems self explanatory but the VRP conversion kit will require us to purchase the 113k compressor and then from there you can bolt it onto the NA 113 with whatever else you need to adapt the two systems? ECU, Fuel, TCU?

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a low mileage 02 CLK 55. Upgrades like this just have me spinning on what could be.
That's essentially the idea. The conversion kit requires you to buy the whole Kompressor unit, an M113K ECU to virginize, some way to increase fuel pressure and a higher flowing fuel pump, and then you will also need to upgrade the injectors to at least 550cc and get the split cooling (as it is a fixed pulley and removes the clutch, it will cause a lot of heat otherwise). I believe that is all you would need to purchase outside of the kit (which the kit gives the option to include injectors and the split-cooling).

I personally decided to go crazier. If you have specific questions about what to purchase outside of what the kit can include, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to respond!
INEEDIT (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 04:21 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Well, I definitely won't have a start up video this weekend anymore.

In an attempt to remove the rear bearings for the 3rd week in a row, the kompressor housing has cracked and bent SO I ordered another supercharger. However, I WILL NOT be removing the rear bearings on this one. It already has the oil change and all gaskets redone. I will simply be removing the rear snout for my ported one, as well as the front pulley and clutch. Everything else will stay sealed this time.

I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up for a start-up this weekend.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W219
Hi, everyone I'm into this too. I have a question is it possible to run it on m113k ecu with stock harness (m113) because if you got fixed pulley only difference Is I think is air temp sensor m113k got Temps from intercooler sensor and the m113 gets from maf.
And for this conversion if I put m113k ecu,SC, cooling, injectors 550cc on m113 engine do I still need tune ecu for it? Or it's plug & play?
Old 03-23-2023, 01:46 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Katiliuk4s
Hi, everyone I'm into this too. I have a question is it possible to run it on m113k ecu with stock harness (m113) because if you got fixed pulley only difference Is I think is air temp sensor m113k got Temps from intercooler sensor and the m113 gets from maf.
And for this conversion if I put m113k ecu,SC, cooling, injectors 550cc on m113 engine do I still need tune ecu for it? Or it's plug & play?
Hello! I am not sure if it possible due to the MAF and IAT sensor differences. To me, I believe it would mean the pinouts are different on the connector of the ECU or would be expecting certain information and would not be getting it due to the difference in wiring harness. Additionally, the MAP sensor location is entirely different as well. Also, the stock M113 harness has the secondary air injection connector which won't be used. It is easiest to just purchase the wiring harness. I got mine off Ebay for relatively cheap all things considered, and removing the harness in the engine bay is not much more than maybe an hour or 2 of work.

Using M113K ECU, SC, cooling, 550cc injectors, you will need to virginize the ECU (flash your vehicles VIN onto the M113K ECU), as well as tune for the fixed pulley. That (to me) is a minimum. With the larger 550cc injectors, you will also need to tune for the larger injectors otherwise you will run very rich. I am personally making the car safe to run on the street to get it to a shop to have it dyno tuned for me.

Let me know if this answered your questions or if you have more!
Old 03-23-2023, 04:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W219
Hello! I am not sure if it possible due to the MAF and IAT sensor differences. To me, I believe it would mean the pinouts are different on the connector of the ECU or would be expecting certain information and would not be getting it due to the difference in wiring harness. Additionally, the MAP sensor location is entirely different as well. Also, the stock M113 harness has the secondary air injection connector which won't be used. It is easiest to just purchase the wiring harness. I got mine off Ebay for relatively cheap all things considered, and removing the harness in the engine bay is not much more than maybe an hour or 2 of work.

Using M113K ECU, SC, cooling, 550cc injectors, you will need to virginize the ECU (flash your vehicles VIN onto the M113K ECU), as well as tune for the fixed pulley. That (to me) is a minimum. With the larger 550cc injectors, you will also need to tune for the larger injectors otherwise you will run very rich. I am personally making the car safe to run on the street to get it to a shop to have it dyno tuned for me.

Let me know if this answered your questions or if you have more!
Thank you for the answer 👍

You can keep map sensor from m113 and it should be good. If you look closely in VRP build you can see they use m113 MAP and even MAF!! And they declare you need to use m113k ecu and harnesses but m113 ecu don't have maf readings 😀 so what's the point to buy amg ecu if you still needed retune it? Or I don't understand something??🤔

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W208 CLK55 AMG M113 Supercharge Conversion HELP